I play solo and am just about to hit level 61. Any other solo gamers?

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Delphinus said:

The main thing I am worried about is rewards and leveling up will feel less rewarding because it was done via other players or "boosting". Feels so much better getting all of these rewards by myself.

Unless you are getting fewer stars than your guild's minimum requirement or are constantly among the bottom performers, there would be no reason to feel like that.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    THCrossGuapo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Well, you can still leave the guild if you don't like it - just talk to them then and give them enough time to find a replacement.

Personally, I find the team effort very rewarding. We work together towards a goal plus I work towards my own personal goal. So I get both and can feel good about both.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    THCross
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 483
    @Delphinus check acievements for the date the oldest one is probably the date you started to play
    i was solo til lvl 13 or 14 i think then 2.0 came got in a guild non competative at 17 got in a great family and my horazons are wide now
    great ppl other families in guild competitions and most of all support and lots and lots of fun
    no guilt whatsoever cuz we fighting one for all and all for one ;)>:)
    good luck
    posthuman
    Jaden
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Once you max your camp, you'll probably get a bit bored, and guild play will be a new frontier for you to explore. Or not. I'm laughing here, because I loved my solo days so I totally get it. Sometimes I'm annoyed at the amount of time and commitment of guild play. I also really like the two guild families with which I'm associated. It really is all good, so the absolute puzzlement by all-guild-all-the-time players is priceless. Wish I would have tuned into this thread earlier.
    I guess my advice would be, if you do decide to try guilds, try to get into a larger guild family with both competitive and no commitment guilds to try. It can be annoying to have a minimum imposed by outside sources. But if you have an inner motivation for a minimum number in challenges, it can be annoying to drag along those that don't produce. Also, sometimes real life gets in the way, so a guild family is the most flexible.
    Finally, here's a screen of my camp. Note, there's a low tg balance. All my boxes are "in motion" no shame there.
    JadenTHCrossbigbeano
  • NolkeNolke Member Posts: 54
    You can join 'crossbow elite'. We are the number one guild from Belgium. We have an international group of nice people. Give it a try.
    GrimGaelTHCrossbigbeano
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    zeowerus said:

@淡水地鼠 what about carol ?!

She still need a warm body, man...
    THCrossbigbeano
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @Delphinus if you are on iPhone go to iTunes on a computer and go to your account history. You can see the day you downloaded the game. 4-Nov-2015 here. Guild from almost day 1. Big family guild nearly a year now. Love guild play. Not even a question.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    GrimGaelTHCross
    edited July 2017
    Knew you wouldn't be far behind, @JerryDixon
    THCross
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I would never ever think about going guildless!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    JadenTHCrossbigbeano
  • WilltopWilltop Member Posts: 25
    I played solo forever and spent 5k$ foolishly because I hadn't no guidance. Now I'm in a guild with cool peeps and getting rewards and answers to my questions and leveling up the right way. Think on it. Just my opinion.
    JadenTHCrosshunter_x
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    You are missing out on big free rewards from not being in a guild

On the other hand, then there is the pressure to perform and to complete the challenges on time
    Phones are the bonus. Trade goods in guild play are poor.
    JadenTHCrosshunter_x
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    GrimGael said:

Phones are the bonus. Trade goods in guild play are poor.

Maybe so, but they come free and I buy a ton of srvr tokens in the store with those TG's
    THCross
    No, there's such a thing as opportunity cost. Per gallon of gas, you pay for those challenge tradegoods by making less than straight raiding, so not actually free. I am not slamming guild play, but it's good to have an accurate perspective. Sometimes I will help earn stars in a challenge-oriented guild in my guild family when they are a member down. When I do, I understand that I will earn fewer tradegoods, make more XP, phones, and supplies than straight raiding. I decide accordingly. Your mileage may vary.
    Mabiki
  • meanbirdmeanbird Member Posts: 34
    I play solo and am level 63. Not being in a guild hasn't really affected me much yet, I don't think.
    Willtopbigbeano
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    I have always played solo.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    It's boring to play with yourself all the time. The more the merrier.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    JadenbigbeanoAvengersjimmorrison369
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 954
    While @Guapo's statement is a bit kinky, his message is true. As long as you align yourself with a guild that lets you get your stars without putting pressure to go farther than you are willing to go, the benefits are worth it.
    Jadenbigbeano
    Again this is priceless to me, seeing all of the boggling. I've done both, both are fine. I also find it fun to hop around guilds, I've had the great luck and privilege to be able to do so in two great guild families. I actually like the latter the best. If you try it, be above board with what you are doing, communicate and honor commitments. It's all a matter of personal temperament and deciding to do what you want with your own game.
    TheLostOnesmik81Jadenvalereee
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @GrimGael said:
    > Again this is priceless to me, seeing all of the boggling. I've done both, both are fine. I also find it fun to hop around guilds, I've had the great luck and privilege to be able to do so in two great guild families. I actually like the latter the best. If you try it, be above board with what you are doing, communicate and honor commitments. It's all a matter of personal temperament and deciding to do what you want with your own game.

@GrimGael I thought you were just in a two-player guild with an old buddy?
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    GrimGael
    Nah, that's old news. @OneLessTitan recruited me for a project and it spiraled out of control.
    TheLostOnesJadenAvengersbigbeano
  • DelphinusDelphinus Member Posts: 38
    Finally hit level 64 yesterday.
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    my question would be what are you planning on doing when you max out? there will no longer be a personal reward of leveling up, so the game will probably get stale fast. a guild gives me 2 things. 1. ppl to interact with while playing and in turn making some really good friends in the game. 2. a reason to keep playing. i would probably fall into the "end gamer" category (most toons are lvl 23 and gear lvl26) and what keeps me going is seeing the guilds in my guild family do well, helping others, and pushing up the leaderboard.
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

crambert_necDelphinus
  • LordRyderLordRyder Member Posts: 49
    nah i just went solo today
  • DelphinusDelphinus Member Posts: 38

LoooooooooL

I could have kept going but it was getting tiresome.

• wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    edited November 2017
    You only receive 1 Xp per kill after 100. Kind of a waste of time
    crambert_necpaintbeastJadenbigbeano
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    @Delphinus one of the best parts of this game are the ppl. Yes, rewards are good, but interacting with other ppl who are just as excited about the game and support and teach each other is why I still play.

I love my family. We have a riot. You might enjoy it. Give it a try, you can always leave :smile:
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    JadenDelphinusbigbeano
  • klint74klint74 Member Posts: 1
    Level 62, solo until last week. After seeing the lack of participation in the guild may go solo again.....
    Delphinus