Token Rewards Scaling

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but we have to keep discussing to keep it alive. For the love of everything holy, the math CANNOT be that hard to implement to scale token rewards. This can’t be what they envisioned right? Most of us continue only past 1K to help out the others in the guild. Without that reason for me personally this would totally not be worth it.
paintbeasttheldssdl8N8TroublemakerflyingcowkingMattOfEarth

Comments

• bradnolabradnola Member Posts: 70
    Great data D. Very valid point. There’s got to be an answer for this.
    DLich
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    Personally, I think I'd rather the guaranteed Token Tiers as opposed to randomized. At least with that sort of system, I know what I'm working towards. If I'm the person who consistently will hit the 560 or 740 tier week by week, I know I'm guaranteed between 78 and 98 tokens a week. That sounds pretty good to me to be honest.

Getting to the higher tiers like 1340 or 1580 and getting the lowest token amount (although I've never gotten it) would feel disincentivizing. Why put my survivors in the hospital and waste resources for 8 tokens when the same result could be achieved with a 5-radio radio call?
    bradnola
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 113
    If NG wants us to spend more money, why not increase the reward for higher levels. I would be motivated to spend some gold healing with the hopes of hitting a 100 token reward...
    bradnola
  • bradnolabradnola Member Posts: 70

i realize the frustration that you and others that put up bigger numbers must feel sometimes when this happens...but to be fair i GUARANTEE there have been many many times when for 30 or 120 or 210 crates that you and others have hit for like 30 Abe tokens or 30 hunter or any other class...but since no one comes to the forum everytime that happens then everyone just sees these posts about how insane it is to get 11 glenn for 1340 stars....ok well lets say you 27 hero tokens at the 30 star crate...but since you are just blasting through you dont stop to make a forum post...so then you have your 30 star crate and your 1300 star crate that got you like 35-40 total tokens....in which order means nothing...but it just sticks out cuz you feel like you should have "earned" more than 11 by getting that far....

fair enough...but you definitely didnt "earn" anything by beating rsl14 to start your challenge and get that first crate...so yea...i disagree with alot of stuff too...but im kinda with NG on this one...lol...i guarantee that you have crushed that first crate before...and probably many times...but no one remembers those...they remember getting 11 glenn for 1340*...

Dude. Very good point
    Bill_ZRTatrainofficial
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Just step back and look at the bigger picture: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/28014/atw-fio-rewards#latest
    I like the scaling idea but to a minimum extent like dlich suggested!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 625
    edited August 2017
    @DLich should be in the TWDNML Forum Hall of Fame.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    tabernac