When you have 14 radios, why does it take so much time to get the last one for a 15 radio call?

warwar Member Posts: 454
Been grinding since 2 days.
throwawayaccount

Comments

• NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 539
    2 Days is a long time to not get a radio, but there's no in game difference regarding drop rates when you have more or less phones. I think it's a the night before Christmas type of feeling.
    DLichPicbigbeanoMattOfEarth
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    I've noticed that, but with the phone drop nerf it's a nightmare to get phones in the first place.

Phones are slowly becoming the new unicorns!
    kiwinz7mik81PicMattOfEarth
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 888
    Sounds about right. you have better chance of winning lotto
    It is working as intended for you to buy phone bundles & spend $$$$
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    edited July 2017
    when u have 14 radios and your mind start to count every missions so u feel it's so long,

theory of relativity
    warvshield50bigbeano
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,188
    I will admit that I felt like that many times...
    bigbeanogespuer
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I had 14 radios on Saturday. I didn't see one drop until after the challenge started on Wednesday.
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 207
    I've had droughts like that too, but have been more lucky recently. Phones in the TG shop and on the last two wall clearances, netted 5 phones. Never done that before ( and probably never will again!) So maybe there's hope that luck or RNG goes around, comes around and your drop rates will also get better. Fingers crossed...it would be nice if the drop rates were more consistent, for sure.
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 207
    Got 2 phones on next wall clearance. For a small fee, I will come and say a phone-generating charm around your camp, lol. Until my luck wears off, and I'll be cussing like everyone else!
    Avengers
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,358
    I honestly believe there is a "happy hour" each day where phones drop more often for you. Normally starts if I get a phone outside then just do as many scavanges as possible. Normally get 4 or 5 phones in a row, then nothing again for a day or so!
    TheLostOnes
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Instead of a rain-dance we should do phone-dances in our camps.
    Avengers
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @Firekid said:
    > I honestly believe there is a "happy hour" each day where phones drop more often for you. Normally starts if I get a phone outside then just do as many scavanges as possible. Normally get 4 or 5 phones in a row, then nothing again for a day or so!

This is known as the @Ovidmikel rule because he was the first (-ish) one on the forum to document (anecdotally) that radios come in streaks.

It might just be a psycological fluke that your brain tends to register cerain patterns and chooses to ignore others. But many players subscribe to this theory.

NG doesn't discuss drop rates (except for when they do anyway like in @Fearofabotplanet 's post higher up in this thread) but they have previously hinted that radio drop rates are 'flat' and evenly spread so that it's all RNG. Personally, I'm still undecided on this one.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    gespuerSmittySpivey3
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 281
    Bad luck

Maverick1969
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @TheLostOnes
    I think that was another one of those times I should kept my f+/&#€ mouth shut on forums. It don't seem to happen anymore lol
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I honestly don't have this problem.

1) Guild reaches a certain star count and there are 5 or 10 radios
    2) Monday afternoon (UK) - New story mission gets me 15 radios (it should be 30 tho :angry: )

I believe I'm currently on 103 radios and I'm sure others have been saving up longer so that isn't a boast.

Just stay over 15 radios and thus never becomes an issue :lol:
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.