New to game, any of these survivors worth it long term?

Hi, new player here. Been playing for a couple weeks. I'm currently level 20 with 9x level 9 survivors (including Negan, Glenn and Daryl via missions) and 3x 2-star survivors that I have sitting in the outpost. I used a a 5-radio call to get a 2nd hunter to help with missions and a 15-radio call to get an additional survivor to help with healing down time. Currently I'm sitting at 102 radios which my understanding I should save until I finish chapter 9 and open assault class.

My understanding is I should also hold off on using any tokens at this time until I get good survivors with good traits. Here is my current roster wasn't sure if any of these are worth investing in other than keeping their level up to help on missions.

Are 2/3 stars worth risking tokens on if they have 2 good initial traits or not worth the risk?

MattOfEarth

Comments

• mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    edited August 2017
    Not for the long run, you'll get much better ones along the way. Therefore I wouldn't invest tokens in leveling them. Although keep them and use them.

Edit: Heroes are fine at this moment, will expand your roster and fill holes when your main survivors are at the hospital. According to much experienced players 15 radio calls is the best option, so stick to it.
    Glenn is good when farming tomatoes.
    Techfallbladgier
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    mik81 said:

Not for the long run, you'll get much better ones along the way. Therefore I wouldn't invest tokens in leveling them. Although keep them an use them.

How do you get them along the way other than radio calls? Are there more opportunities for 4star+ in the remaining missions?

Thanks
    @Techfall You'll get more survivors on some missions, but they are bad, you'll trash them, 2 stars if I don't remember wrong.
    I meant to say that as you progress and you keep doing radio calls you'll get a better survivors, 4 and 5 stars with desirable traits that you'll want to upgrade. But yeah the only way to improve your roster is be doing radio calls.

Here you can find a good blog that explains a lot of useful stuff, in case you have missed it: https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/

There is useful info about radio calls and traits that you'll want to check.

@tabernac knows way more than me, I'd love to read his posts about traits, and he is totally right those 2 have 3 good traits. The problem is that you need to gamble without great chances to make them desirable... so if I were you I'd wait hoping at least to find a guy with 4 solid traits, and gamble there, or if you are very lucky to even get a solid one with 5 good traits.

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,322
    Ben and Crutis are potential gold mines. Sally might be a try.
    THCrossXenathewarrior
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,322
    Got him as a free call 1 star and used extra tokens to see what next trait was and gambled it. Got one of he best killers. But I also wasted many tokens doing this as a try. Don't normally do this. Only epics with 4 traits I like do I gamble for that 5ths trait.
    tabernacTHCrossXenathewarrior
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Sally is great. I have come to love punish. It triggers if you overwatch. Or you can attack, retaliate and punish (that is what I have heard).

With iron skin added, she would be perfect. (Normally, I am not a fan of defensive stance, but for a bruiser with punish it would be great to have, I think.)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    THCross
    > @tabernac said:
    > The survivors that have me licking my chops the most and wanting to see more traits on are Hunter Ben and Shooter Curtis.

What would I be looking for with the last two, luck and dodge?
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 493
    luck dodge iron skin revenge think any combo of those traits will get you some beasts
    also like tom
    once you determine play style youll know what you want and with what you can deal
    good luck ;)
    posthuman
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    zbot said:

@Techfall welcome to the forum. Great advice from veteran players. Don't worry about upgrading survivors in the beginning as you will find better survivors from radio calls. Just use the existing survivors to figure out the game and then find a play style that works for you and then use that knowledge to find or build your team.

What he said, plus - Mac is the weakest link here, although I wouldn't recommend to trash any of them yet, because at this time they all will be somewhat useful to you. Later on you'll find the balance between removing the ones you don't need, adding new survivors and expanding your survivor's slots.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    We have same level survivors :smile:
    My advice : use them and try new combinations that suited to your style.
    If you have a lot of gold, buy some slot to try some new survivors from radio calls
    David_H79autumn_ash
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    Techfall said:

> @tabernac said:

> The survivors that have me licking my chops the most and wanting to see more traits on are Hunter Ben and Shooter Curtis.

Luck for sure. For the last trait I'd be over the moon for Iron Skin, and would be really happy with Dodge, and even Defensive Stance.
    tabernac said:

Techfall said:

> @tabernac said:

Luck for sure. For the last trait I'd be over the moon for Iron Skin, and would be really happy with Dodge, and even Defensive Stance.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm going to hold off until I get through level 9 and access assault class then roll through my radios with the 15-calls and go from there. Sounds like Ben and Curtis are worth the risk on token gambling. Others have said Tom and Sally seem solid? What are your thoughts on those two? Thanks
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    Thanks for the tips. I'm going to hold off until I get through level 9 and access assault class then roll through my radios with the 15-calls and go from there. Sounds like Ben and Curtis are worth the risk on token gambling. Others have said Tom and Sally seem solid? What are your thoughts on those two? Thanks
    @Techfall I definitely agree with the other folks in here that have said not to rush things and not to worry about hurrying to invest tokens in survivors. My advice would be to hold on to Ben and Curtis if you have the slots. I personally could see myself regretting it if I scrapped them now at some point down the road.

I have mixed feelings about Tom and Sally (which is why I didn't comment on them earlier). Keep in mind that everyone has different styles. I'm not really in love with the Revenge trait and would rather have another in its place. I wouldn't keep Tom unless he pulled Sure Shot for his 5th trait (big gamble). For Sally I love Defensive Stance on a Bruiser BUT ONLY when that Bruiser also has Iron Skin to compliment it. I wouldn't keep her if that 5th trait wasn't Iron Skin (another big gamble).
    > @tabernac said:
    > Thanks for the tips. I'm going to hold off until I get through level 9 and access assault class then roll through my radios with the 15-calls and go from there. Sounds like Ben and Curtis are worth the risk on token gambling. Others have said Tom and Sally seem solid? What are your thoughts on those two? Thanks
    >
    > @Techfall I definitely agree with the other folks in here that have said not to rush things and not to worry about hurrying to invest tokens in survivors. My advice would be to hold on to Ben and Curtis if you have the slots. I personally could see myself regretting it if I scrapped them now at some point down the road.
    >
    > I have mixed feelings about Tom and Sally (which is why I didn't comment on them earlier). Keep in mind that everyone has different styles. I'm not really in love with the Revenge trait and would rather have another in its place. I wouldn't keep Tom unless he pulled Sure Shot for his 5th trait (big gamble). For Sally I love Defensive Stance on a Bruiser BUT ONLY when that Bruiser also has Iron Skin to compliment it. I wouldn't keep her if that 5th trait wasn't Iron Skin (another big gamble).

Got it thanks ! Yea I'm holding g all the ones I posted so far as they are basically my main roster for missions along with Daryl, Glenn, Ezekiel, negan
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 296
    I would keep Curtis and Ben and see what they come up with when you promote them, I have not kept anyone I had at level 9 though but for me ruthless is amazing trait especially if you get a legendary armour with ruthless as well
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s