Level of equipment from reward crates

The other day I got the most useless weapon from a TG silver crate (I know, but still).

Most of my survivors are level 19. I don't remember the last time I got a piece of equipment at a level below 16, which would make sense considering that those could at least be updated to level 19.

The same thing happened again yesterday when I opened a golden crate (a gift from a guild member) and got a rare level 15 weapon.

Is that what it's going to be like from now on?

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    What is your player (camp) level? That determines gear level for certain crates, NOT your survivor level.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    But, while we are on the subject- does anyone know what determines gear level in guild gifts?
  • histerijahisterija Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2017
    My camp is level 48 and it has been for some time. Getting level 15 gear is new for me, newer than my camp being at level 48 in any case. That's why it seems something has changed about the basis for gear levels

It also seems that guild gifts should be the same as golden crates from the TG shop, but who knows really
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    A big question mark is what it is like so many other things. Why NG keeps its mouth shut and doesn't just give us the details instead of players having to do agonizing (sometimes) tests and figure stuff out for themselves is beyond me. Stupid smh
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    vshield50gespuer
    edited August 2017
    > @THCross said:
    > https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/trade-good-rewards/
    > guidelines ;)

Thanks @THCross, the table confirms that from camp level 46 up we shouldn't be getting level 15 junk from the TG shop/ guild gifts.
    Disappointing.
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    edited August 2017
    The rewards situation is very poor and it is well-known issue. Please take a look at this thread.
    ...and also at this one, with numbers and stuff.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    > @autumn_ash said:
    > The rewards situation is very poor and it is well-known issue. Please take a look at this thread.

Thanks for the link and I realise the situation has gone downhill regarding gear rarity. In that other thread you mentioned getting gear at a level below your survivors' level? I actually got used to golden crates with rare (green) gear 3 levels below my survivors' level because that cheap logic was at least understandable- with the three updates I can at least get that gear to my survivors' level. It's lame and I guess it didn't always use to be like that, but it made some sense.

But gear 4 levels below survivor level is unfortunately totally and completely useless since my survivors are level 19, and level 15 gear can be updated only to level 18. I first observed this particular issue this week so I wanted to vent about it separately. So I don't care if I get level 15 legendary gear with awesome traits every time a buy a golden crate. I can't use that junk at all.