What should I do with my food?

The_FlashThe_Flash Member Posts: 2
I felt like I am wasting food each time I play since I've maxed out all the buildings. However, I need tons of xp to level up my survivors & gears.
Is there a possibility in exchanging food for xp?

JackBaueriivii

Comments

• MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    I'd love a way to convert all these darn tomatoes into XP. Not gear, XP. I've got plenty of gear waiting in line for the XP to upgrade them.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    The_Flashautumn_ash
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Food fight. Now can anyone guess who my first target would be ...
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    GovernatorMattOfEarthAvengers
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    We could use the ketchup as fake blood in the battles...
    MattOfEarth
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    You can sell it for fuel :lol:
    GovernatorDLichMattOfEarthJaden
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I'm with ya on the food fight!!! I love a good food fight. It'll be something different than the day in and day out of zombie fights...
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    But really, I want food for tokens. Screw the gear and xp and whatever else. TOKENS

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    TheLostOnesgespuerJaden
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    Agreed @Avengers. I've decided to boycott certain "heroes," greatly reducing the XP burden. Even with huge token drops there are several "heroes" that I will never ever play with.

I've fallen into the trap of having everybody on my lineup fully upgraded, but NO MORE!

No more XP will be wasted on the likes of Tara, Eugene, Gabriel, Morgan or any other space-filler "hero." They were BS to begin with. The only reason I would be in support of bringing back "Deadly Missions" is to get this junk off my roster.

Other than a few(Maggie, Glenn, Abe, Daryl, Jesus, Sasha, and Rufus{yep, Rufus}) I will no longer upgrade crap "heroes" that I don't use or need, and never asked for or wanted.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    gespuer
    @MattOfEarth
    I've made it even easier for myself. I'm at lvl 20s and quitting there. I was boycotting Carol tokens for so long because I was only 1 token away from unlocking her and I didn't want to see the annoying msg pop up nor did I want to unlock her...but then I got some tokens from the highlight mission and boom! Now I buy every hero token just...because

MattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I saw some time ago supplies for TG in trade shop. I've raised this issue more than once but only receive response like, we're thinking of doing this soon, we're keeping an eye on this.....etc.
    But nothing as yet. It is frustrating collecting rewards that are now nothing & not being able to collect supplies from farms.
    I only hope they'll bring back supplies for TG very very soon!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    vshield50The_Flash
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Tomato war fights happens every year in small town in Spain, Bunyol, near to Valencia....

• LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 123
    Heh main prob imo is that it's because this issue only is a prob for vet end game players that are themselves unlikely to quit if nothing else just based on the time they've already invested in the game. Similarly, it could be argued that pushing tomato exhanges is either confusing or otherwise potentially harmful for new survivors just joining the game because it could be interpreted to incentivize spending tomatoes on things other than upgrading their buildings. And dont get me started on just coding it for specifically the players with both max levels and max food... that would require coding and their coders are too busy manually coding updates for tg tuesday each week...
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 123
    Heh preaching to the converted on this one my friend! As one that himself engages in lets say alternative playstyles not intended by devs, having a perma tomato exchange would be imho an excellent way to promote player choice. I know i know ng... choices are scary and confusing... and devs dont like to give players choices because then they might have to use their own judgement and cant be trusted to make your own decisions properly lol
    It was a response to you because you brought up the topic but I knew you were on our side! :wink:
    I just needed to rant because NG keeps using "we don't want to confuse players" as an excuse for not doing something that could help many, Many, MANY players.
    And NG needs to stop treating us like we were born yesterday. Players do all the work to figure out how stuff works in this game, we find the bugs and glitches, we collect the data and share with others, we suggest solutions when something goes wrong...need I continue? And yet they won't let us make choices? (And yes I am willing to accept that NG devs themselves do the above...if I can ever find proof of it or if they are transparent enough to let us know how the game works instead of having to figure it out ourselves.)

vshield50mik81JadenTheDarkSoda
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    edited August 2017
    If NG is fearful that lower level players might be tempted to use supplies to purchase weapons or in the off chance they offered TG's again for a trade I will use OLT's website to give some data.

First off all of this information is being cited from this page here.

I'll spare you all the photo's but Supplies Storage are able to be done at the following increments

1 supply storage at council level 2 (PL 1) which holds 2,500 supplies
    --- council lvl 2 is available right away
    2 supply storages at council level 4 (PL 6) which holds 30,000 supplies each (60,000 total)
    --- council lvl 4 is available at PL 6
    3 supply storages at council level 10 (PL 22) which holds 280,000 supplies each (840,000 total)
    --- council lvl 10 is available at PL 22
    4 supply storages at council level 16 (PL 39) which holds 2,240,000 supplies each (8,960,000 total)
    --- Council lvl 16 is available at PL39

Regarding total amount of storage (starting with council lvl 10) -
    PL 22 can have council 10 which allows for a max storage of 840,000 supplies (280K x 3 storages)
    PL 29 can have council 12 which allows for a max storage of 1,680,000 supplies (560K x 3 storages)
    PL 34 can have council 14 which allows for a max storage of 3,360,000 supplies (1,120K x 3 storages)

Since the supplies for TG offers have been 3 mil, 4 mil or 5 mil depending on what type of item (weapon or armor) is being presented and also what type of survivor it's being presented for (assault, shooter, hunter, scout, warrior, bruiser) a player at camp lvl 34 can only buy 1 of the 3 price points.

Players can't even hold enough supplies to purchase most of the items offered in the exchange until they are camp lvl 39. I don't know how long it takes a F2P player to go from start to lvl 39.

Maybe if it's offered have some kind of influence requirement to have it unlocked. Maybe it has that now, I'm at 5K influence so I don't know if there's one in place.

edit * I have to assume that regardless of player level that the costs for armor/weapons would be the same for everyone. People always ask on the forum if they should purchase a 12.5K TG crate when they have lvl 15 survivors. Just because they are lower level doesn't mean their prices are lowered and thus same theory applies regarding supplies/TG trade.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    hunter_x
    Pretty sure NG doesn't actually believe such low lvl players will use the trade...it's the ones that have lvl 17+ survivors. These people can hold enough to purchase at least 1 thing with supplies but it's obvious how outragely priced the items are for supplies so they should have enough sense to keep spending supplies on upgrades if they plan to advance...so no confusion if you know what your goal in the game is.

Let's say for arguments sake that NG doesn't offer the supplies for ____ trade regularly because only maxed out players/end gamers benefit. Well double supplies event means nothing to end gamers but we still have those events every now and then don't we? They don't wait until they have a specific number of beginners who need the food or anything so why should end gamers have to wait? I think they (double supplies events) are now starting to be paired with this supplies for ____ trade so that end gamers won't completely riot. But how come players need to wait for a double supplies event in order to get rid of their food? Why not offer it...once a month for example? It's really not that hard. Come now.

DLichJaden
    It would really help all players!
    I remember as a mid level player (and sometimes even now) when I had so much xp but no food to upgrade buildings with. So I would have really appreciated an exchange like that. And at low lvls, you need so much xp, I'm sure they would benefit by exchanging food too. And of course end gamers who have such high xp costs and lots of food to waste would be all over that.

MattOfEarthJaden
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,582
    I would bet there is a Data Analyst at NG that has calculated the revenue loss when we trade our Supplies for Gear. :|
    MattOfEarthJaden
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    There just shouldnt be a limit to supplies and xp.
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: [email protected]

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
    TransmuteJun
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,582
    > @vshield50 said:
    > > @Governator said:
    > > I would bet there is a Data Analyst at NG that has calculated the revenue loss when we trade our Supplies for Gear. :|
    >
    > Then they should say it so we all know and could move on... @Teeceezy is what the govornator said accurate?

Can you imagine the response to "we lose money when you trade Supplies for Gear, so we won't do it on a regular basis"?

I don't see us getting a non-BS response. :neutral:
    I_Am_PsychobigbeanoJaden
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    We should have Exchange Market
    Food ➡️ xp and vice versa
    Gold ➡️ food/xp/gas/gear
    TG ➡️ gas/xp/food/gear /tokens

It's work like currency exchange
    If more players trade food for xp then it will be less valuable than the others and vice versa.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    hunter_x said:

We should have Exchange Market

Food ➡️ xp and vice versa

Gold ➡️ food/xp/gas/gear

TG ➡️ gas/xp/food/gear /tokens

It's work like currency exchange

If more players trade food for xp then it will be less valuable than the others and vice versa.

If they did that, they'd have to have a consistent rate of exchange, which isn't the case right now.
    DLich
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    Think about it this way.... what's in it for NG if they offer an exchange like this? With more abundant resources (let's say a maxed out player turning supplies into XP) you need to purchase fewer resources and bundles to get those resources. They don't want people buying fewer double XP boosters, less 'full XP' bundles, etc. You have to think of a way to implement something similar that wouldn't hurt their bottom line.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

DLich