Dear NG, I'm not ready to unlock the Governor....

So please, I beg you, stop making him appear after every single challenge mission I do. I don't want to get penalized for unlocking him.

Sincerely,

Long time and Loyal customer.
vshield50gespuerR2runfastLoewe1968TripodtheldssdlzeowerusPicKick_ass

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,068
    @Teeceezy can you please get someone to make that annoying pop-up announcement to unlock the Governor go away. If I wanted to unlock another useless hero, I would have done it the first time the announcement popped up, or the second time, or the third time. Please make it stop!!!!
    zeowerusPic
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @NCDawgFan no, no. You will get ur 3rd lvl22. It was same with Ezekiel, annoying pop-up everytime I've logged in game and everytime I've went to camp. You will be bothered long enough, till you will give up or unintentionally unlock. Im not trying to speak on NG behalf, Im just telling you, how it will end...
    5megheadMaverick1969buchizombiebreath
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    I was doing scavenge missions and the guv'nor unlock announcement pops up after each mission. The popup doesn't have an X so you can close it, only the slim margins on screen to click on. Yesterday i unlocked Stupid Lame Eugene by mistake. :#
    I wish we could put the heros we don't want in a state of suspended animation or in the walker pit where they wouldn't take up valuable slots.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
    Tapatio75gespuerJadenMattOfEarth
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Oh that sucks! I feel for ya @rustynail
    Heros come with their own slot. They don't take up a slot
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    zeowerusJadenMattOfEarthSynapseRanger
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Don't look for spoiler!
    If I recall correct, the Gov used to be in a walker pit once (in the tv show though)
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @NCDawgFan TZy is chilling on a nice sandy beach throughout August. Good luck with that ;)
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Yes please stop this!!! This is so freaking annoying !
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • KillerHousewivzKillerHousewivz Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2017
    My game is actually stuck on the popup- it won't let me leave that screen.

I've tried closing the app, restarting my phone etc - nothing works.
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    As a veteran player, why you finished highlights mission trial 5 to have enough tokens to let that pop-up show up every time you login to the game? It's not like you didn't know this will happen from your previous Ezekiel pop-up experience.
    Just because you want that time limited 20 Michonne tokens before it expired? Or did you accepted Governor's tokens from radio call?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    TatdJdm1RisPapacas
  • carefreecarefree Member Posts: 203
    its really Annoying, I don't want three level 22s for obvious reasons, and I certainly don't want yet another hero that I'm never gonna have enough tokens for. I can only think the reason for this is in the hope we accidentally open him. Well I can see a lot of players leaving this game if they do!
    Tripod
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,996
    edited August 2017
    For that reason I waited with leveling up anyone to 22 before unlocking the Governor.

Isn't it crazy? You either have annoying pop-ups or a 3rd level 22 you didn't want because you'll get fewer stars... Or you hade to wait for weeks like me (or do what DLich said below and should have left one of the trials unfinished)

Maybe - just maybe - it would be great if the issue got fixed and if we could
    - get rid of the pop-up
    - get an extra step for unlocking a hero (I accidentally unlocked Carol when scrolling through my list - I've also once unlocked a hero too early which cost me XP to later level him up - a simple OK or cancel would be fine, just like you get when you want to retire someone)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TripodbigbeanoPic
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I unlocked the Guv as my 3rd level 21. Guild is taking the week off from competitive challenge play (first time ever), and I'll finally have enough supplies to upgrade my workshop this week and start leveling gear and other survivors, but will be interesting to see if my challenge experience next week mirrors the complaints others have had.
    I'm being very careful not to touch that "unlock" and hell yeah, if I actually unlock him I would not bother with challenges for weeks. I made that mistake once when level 20s, if it happens again, it would finish me off.

DLich's advice was very good advice, but that's not the issue is it, this should not be happening, it's a flipping game that we like playing, try to get stronger, build etc and almost everyone is not excepting a new hero! It's crazy. I'm still yet to work out a good reason as to why!
    edited August 2017
    My guild members are saving them up
    psychwolf
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    Well if this annoying pop up will be there for the rest of the time I play nml (or til I accidentally hit the unlock button), my nml days seem numbered. Close to 2 years playing this game non-stop,through all the bugs,rollbacks and other bs. Been in the us top 50 for a couple months now,but this screen and their intention on keeping it popping up to have people accidentally click it , really feels like a final straw thing for me. I didn't rush lvl 22 survivors like I did with lvl 21. In fact got my first 22 trained Sunday night,and now this. My 2nd 22 is almost trained now, governor will just put me over(like many others). Since I rushed lvl 21 survivors Idk Ezekiel popped up like this continually,I just unlocked him when he was available.
    It's already stopped my play today from copious amounts of op raids, as there's no way I'm hitting unlock B4 challenge starts. At least I'll have 1 more fun challenge left. Why can't this just be fixed? The star penalty for upgrading toons that is. I've never played any games that have penalized for upgrading. And look at all the grinding it takes to upgrade?! Makes no sense.
    Rant over..
    Maverick1969rustynail
    Lol.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    The moment when you notice that a trait is nerfed

(This fits in a lot of moments). lol
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

vshield50bigbeanoPic
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 395
    edited August 2017
    Just for you @Shteevie lol
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    antTripodGeneral_PainJaden
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,805
    > @gespuer said:
    > The moment when you notice that a trait is nerfed
    >
    >
    > (This fits in a lot of moments). lol

Especially like his "friend" laughing at him in the background ( Ernie). LMAO!
    gespuer
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,675

I unlocked him and I still get a pop up.

There is any chance to have two Govs? ... :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    rustynail
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    > @Shteevie said:
    > The banner will persist until the 12th, and then it will go away.

Thanks for the heads up @Shteevie , great news! I will pass it along!
    vshield50
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 395
    And persist it will.....after every single challenge map. Smh
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    AvengersGForce
  • MURDERTR4INMURDERTR4IN Member Posts: 18
    Signed. Wont do the challenge for another useless character. Popup is annoying.
    Avengers