Governor trait question

Will a weapon with gold luck trait stack with his leader trait, or are leader traits not affected by luck?
ncfishman

Comments

• AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I think everything is affected by luck. It would be dumb if leader traits don't increase due to luck since other traits do
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited August 2017
    If luck contributes then it only contributes multiplicative.
    Eg Governor had 12% and you have a 15% luck weapon then the new chance will be 12%*1.15
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    AvengersRedEye52Captainslayer
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    It should stack as a % added
    With 12% hero trait = %12+(12x.15= 1,8%)=13.8%
    With 15% hero trait = %15+(15x.15=2.25%)=17.25%
    Etc...

Someone knows if he comes with luck as a trait?
  • Blazer0981Blazer0981 Member Posts: 21
    I think you're right about the alcohol.

I finally got an "improved" weapon from a chest.....

1 star. So what was improved about it? It looks jut like every other 1 star, level 19 assault weapon in my arsenal.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Shteevie said:

The % of supplies and XP you get from mission crates would not be increased by luck, but the % chance that the equipment level is improved is, I think. I need to confer with the developer who implemented it, and will get back to this thread in a few days with more information.

Must be a very huge headquarter?! (Leave your place, walk to the developer and go back to your place). I think the player (who are not active here) must spend a fortune?

Anyway, I wonder if this will make the euqipment scavenge missions great again?
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

vshield50CaptainslayerR2runfastBuckzz
    I think @Teeceezy is till compiling the list regarding the revenge trait ;-)
    -----------------
    gespuerJadenCaptainslayerRedEye52
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    Not so sure the Gov trait is working for equipment. Several test runs with him have resulted in ZERO improved equipment, but plenty of improved xp and supplies. Has anyone actually received improved equipment from his leader trait?
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,046
    > @Kaitlyn said:
    > Not so sure the Gov trait is working for equipment. Several test runs with him have resulted in ZERO improved equipment, but plenty of improved xp and supplies. Has anyone actually received improved equipment from his leader trait?

Has anyone at lvl 63 with lvl 22 survivors done this? I believe I have seen others do this already but am wondering too if level has anything to do with it?
    Avengers
    @vshield50 I think you are correct. Since the max equip lvl is 22, it's unlikely I'll see much in the way of improved equip since I'm almost at the max player lvl (just waiting to upgrade hospital and all buildings will be at max lvl). I suppose if a lvl 21 piece of legendary equipment gets "improved" to lvl 22, that would be useful. I have not seen that happen yet.
    > @Kaitlyn said:
    > @vshield50 I think you are correct. Since the max equip lvl is 22, it's unlikely I'll see much in the way of improved equip since I'm almost at the max player lvl (just waiting to upgrade hospital and all buildings will be at max lvl). I suppose if a lvl 21 piece of legendary equipment gets "improved" to lvl 22, that would be useful. I have not seen that happen yet.

I have not seen any lvl 21 gear of mine get a reward bump for the trait and I triend no less thank 2 dozen times now.
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 322
    i am lvl 63 player. have played probably 100 rounds with governor and his trait. all xp are supposedly increased. have not seen any gear increased. 100 rounds i should have seen ~12 times or so. but alas, not a single item has been affected. I'm calling BS on this trait working properly.
    vshield50
    Thank you @dandancar77 . I figured the same...
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    I have been experiencing this too with governor trait

Have not seen it once triggered for equipment in the last 200 battles..
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335

i am lvl 63 player. have played probably 100 rounds with governor and his trait. all xp are supposedly increased. have not seen any gear increased. 100 rounds i should have seen ~12 times or so. but alas, not a single item has been affected. I'm calling BS on this trait working properly.

If you are at the maximum level, then the majority of the equipment you are seeing is already at the maximum level it can be. The introduction of the Governor did not add a new level of equipment to the game.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Fearofabotplanetromeo
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 226
    51% may be majority, but there's plenty 21lvl showing up and no reward improved -tags on 22lvl gear.
    > @Shteevie said:
    > i am lvl 63 player. have played probably 100 rounds with governor and his trait. all xp are supposedly increased. have not seen any gear increased. 100 rounds i should have seen ~12 times or so. but alas, not a single item has been affected. I'm calling BS on this trait working properly.
    >
    > If you are at the maximum level, then the majority of the equipment you are seeing is already at the maximum level it can be. The introduction of the Governor did not add a new level of equipment to the game.

i understand that I won't be seeing lvl23 gear. however, after 100 rounds, I have yet to see a lvl 21 gear blessed with an increase.
    vshield50Kaitlyn
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @dandancar77 I believe a better assessment would be how many pieces of non Lvl 22 gear you receive in those 100 play throughs not the play throughs themselves.

Figure 100 play throughs and you unlock 3 crates only (depending on what mission type your playing) and you get gear 1 out of every 3 crates you would have received 100 pieces of gear and since some would be Lvl 22 (let's suppose 1/2) then you only have 50 pieces that could have been upgradable with his trait.

Don't get me wrong, I'd think something is up too if literally never does his trait seem to work. Each "roll" is Independant.

So if you happened to pull a piece of Lvl 21 or lower gear the odds of it not being upgraded a Lvl is 88%.

The odds are not in the players favor. Hopefully the trait is working on gear and you're just having bad RNG.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,055
    edited August 2017
    It works for me, but it's just a chance and therefore it is hard to tell if it works as it should or not. Doesn't trigger often and I've only done one equipment mission (and it triggered, but I took no screenshot).

But this is from the first challenge round...

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    David_H79
    try to give the governor a Luck weapon to improve the trait....
    -----------------
    It works for challenge rounds for equipment until a certain level if you are maxed out. Once you hit lvl 22 it no longer helps for equipment in my experience.
    SCBMA
    Sorry to disagree @Shteevie, but even a maxed out player will still get lvl 20 and 21 gear in crates. The leader trait should occasionally kick in and upgrade those to lvl 21 or 22. It does not appear to be doing that.
    vshield50paintbeast
    perhaps i should screenshot the next 100 rounds of gear scavenging and prove that the roughly 75 pieces of lvl 21 gear aren't affected. (100 rounds, averaging less then 1 lvl21 gear per round)
  • StormLakeStormLake Member Posts: 29
    It seems fair that the governor would have a chance of increase something that isn't a level 22 gold into something better (perhaps a level 22 gold?). However, he hasn't done that for me at all (max level), and it sounds like he hasn't for anyone else in this situation either. Probably a bug that needs to get fixed. Although it would make sense that his ability could increase something beyond the current max I agree that it would be a bad idea for the game to do so.

It does not seem like luck should affect his leader ability, that just seems odd if it does. Does luck affect Maggie or Glenn's ability?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,055
    Well, like I said, I had it kick in on my gear scavenge mission.

If the screen didn't give you a clue, I'm a maxed player, too. ;)

So if it doesn't work for you, that is either very bad luck on your side or I got very lucky... Or there is some sort of bug which would be hard to prove...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • TheSittingDuckTheSittingDuck Member Posts: 208
    Hey, hey @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet

I have question about Governor leader trait as well, here goes:

Why doesn't it affects other top bar resources, which are gold and fuel? I call it oversight. Only then this character will be really helpfull and hero title worthy, in my eyes :) (but, maybe you have already plan to give this boost for future "stars", who knows...)
    paintbeastgespuerR2runfastjimmorrison369