What gets improved on weapons under Governor's trait?

Blazer0981Blazer0981 Member Posts: 21
How exactly does it work for weapons? I finally won an improved assault weapon. Yet it was still only 1 star with the same trait as the other one I have just like it. Damage was the same, too.

So what's improved? Does it not affect 1 star items? I don't get it. I see the improved XP and supply rewards. No issues there. Just wondering why it says the weapon was improved if nothing changed? And if something did, then what was it?

Thanks.
kjmia421

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    It must have been 1 level lower before it was "improved" then
    David_H79Jaden
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @Blazer0981 here is the description of the trait, it's only about increasing the level of the equipment:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/26673/introducing-the-walking-dead-highlights
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    tabernacMattOfEarthDavid_H79RedEye52
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    To my understanding The Governor's trait only increases xp and supplie crates. It has no affect on improving equipment.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    KaLiAvengersMattOfEarthekimhclew
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 322
    same here as TJS - played 50 rounds, every single xp crate affected, zero weapon crates.
    TJS
    edited August 2017
    > @TJS said:
    > To my understanding The Governor's trait only increases xp and supplie crates. It has no affect on improving equipment.

I find it interesting that players disagree. Perhaps provide some information that states anything about equipment improvement with the Governor's trait.
    Thanks
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    > @TJS said:
    > > @TJS said:
    > > To my understanding The Governor's trait only increases xp and supplie crates. It has no affect on improving equipment.
    >
    > I find it interesting that players disagree. Perhaps provide some information that states anything about equipment improvement with the Governor's trait.
    > Thanks

I find information saying there's better chance of finding better equipment but nothing regarding equipment being improved.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    equipment has a chance to go up a level @TJS
    edited August 2017
    > @OneLessTitan said:
    > equipment has a chance to go up a level @TJS

Thanks for that. I haven't seen this happen. Post a screen shot please.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Has NextGames recently been taken over by LieGames?
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

MonsutaGovernatorRedEye52
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    I have seen the message in gear - if I get it again, you'll get a screenshot. ;)

Was still grey crap, but at least level 22 instead of 21. :s

Works great for XP, though.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    TJS said:

> @OneLessTitan said:

> equipment has a chance to go up a level @TJS

Thanks for that. I haven't seen this happen. Post a screen shot please.

Thanks to @DoTak this is the photo from the video that NG posted on youtube a month ago.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MattOfEarththeldssdlTripodRedEye52
    So we'll suppose to receive lvl 23 gear (increased from lvvl22) soon? lol
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

GovernatorJadenvshield50RedEye52
  • Blazer0981Blazer0981 Member Posts: 21
    > @DLich said:
    > > @OneLessTitan said:
    >
    > > equipment has a chance to go up a level @TJS
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for that. I haven't seen this happen. Post a screen shot please.
    >
    > Thanks to @DoTak this is the photo from the video that NG posted on youtube a month ago.

That's also in the vid that played in the announcement yesterday.

It's complete crap. They make you think that it will somehow give you 5* stuff, when, in fact, it doesn't even affect that.

So, it says you have 12% chance of receiving higher level equipment. Why would I want higher level equipment? I already have almost 100 weapons that are levels I can't use yet.
    gespuerRedEye52
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    @Blazer0981

Enjoy that feeling while it lasts. May seem frustrating now, but it's far more frustrating to need level 22 and all the legendaries you pull are 21 or below...

Better to have something to work toward than to get a piece of gear with perfect traits that is a level too low.

You will level up but you can never go back.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MattOfEarthTatdJdm
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    I came here today with a thought in mind to create a thread to share the results of these "improvements", but I'll just post it here then.
    I'm 60 lvl with 20 lvl survivors. Seven screens are below:

TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Someone seems to have replaced your fully-upgraded legendary gear with a gray and dreary day...but one level higher!

Trait might be useful for XP and Supply scavenge, but not convinced yet it's better than Maggie or Glenn unless speed farming on a booster.
    DLichAvengersRedEye52
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    DLich said:

JackBauer said:

Folks, don't complain, he is for FREE. >:)

Not exactly... for some players he will cost 76 stars :wink:
    Plus time and gas invested in season missions, minimal as it may be. Not as free as, say, an epic Golden Lucille or Morgan's staff.
    TJSJadenekimhclewRedEye52
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited August 2017
    > @DLich said:

> Thanks to @DoTak this is the photo from the video that NG posted on youtube a month ago.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6025874/uploads/editor/ia/kqpnvc6qd162.png
    @Shteevie How's these kind of misleading information from the video happened?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    TJSRedEye52
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Complete bs. Good thing I haven't done the last mission yet. Never wanted him before, definitely don't want him now.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    Pic
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,049
    So I takr it that if you are at lvl 63 with lvl 22 survivors then you don't get the trait bump for equipment? I have yet to see any equipment of mine get a "reward improved"
    Does his trait mean we're supposed to receive lvl 23 equipment if we're on camp lvl 63?
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    > @gespuer said:
    > Does his trait mean we're supposed to receive lvl 23 equipment if we're on camp lvl 63?

No, 22 is the max level at the moment.