Leveling up weapons, armor, etc

@Teeceezy @Shteevie I think awhile back someone from NG said that sometime in the near future we would be able to upgrade the levels of weapons, armor, etc. Is that something that is still in the works or did that idea get nixed? Thanks!!!
I_Am_PsychogespuerBBRi

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2017
    This thread needs keeping near the top :)

Edit : I'm assuming this refers to potential levelling up of gear to grow as survivors do, once the 3 traits have been upgraded.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    flyingcowking
  • TheDarkSodaTheDarkSoda Member Posts: 141
    @I_Am_Psycho yes, you are correct
    No, it was never promised. I never said they "promised". But something was said about it a very long time ago. I was just inquiring if that was something they still planned on doing.
    I'm just curious about the "functionality". Now I'm no programmer at all, but if you can write code to level up survivors, why can't you do it for weapons, armor, etc?
    MattOfEarth
  • TheRealSavageTheRealSavage Member Posts: 64
    This is the main reason why many won't upgrade their survivors when a new council update comes out. I mean who in the right mind would upgrade when you have multiple full sets of gears per class at the survivor level. Once you upgrade you basically toss all the paid and hard earned tg gears out the window. I for one see this as a much higher issue than star loss when you upgrade.
    MattOfEarthCaptainslayer
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @TheDarkSoda it's not about being able to write the code for it but about the money they make from reselling weapons everytime we have a council/training ground upgrade, it's simply not feasible to offer weapons/armour to endlessly upgrade (or less if it cost money to upgrade each time, which by the way ng I'd be happy to pay for a few of my weapons) they'd make alot of money in the short run but lose out heaps in the long run, my guess if it ever happened it will be close to the end of the game
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    MattOfEarthTheSittingDuckI_Am_Psycho
    @Shteevie thanks!! I appreciate your response.
    vshield50
  • wolf24359wolf24359 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone.
    Going by what I have read, I am relatively new to this game so please bear with me!
    Can someone please clarify why a 1 star armour with 114 defence (all traits unlocked) is a higher defence than a 4 star armour with 75 defence (all traits unlocked). And neither can be upgraded any further? What's the point of the stars?
    Thanks
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @wolf24359 can you post some pics please? I'm very confused by what you just described because I don't know how that's possible...unless the armour is for different classes (for example the higher defense one is for assault and the lower one for scout)
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    wolf24359MattOfEarth
  • TheRealSavageTheRealSavage Member Posts: 64
    @Shteevie I can't speak for 100% of the community, but from everyone I met from multiple feeder guilds, I don't know 1 single player that will complain about upgrading their equipments past 3 levels. Also from a business perspective, most guilds are teaching all the new players to not buy any gears until they reach around lvl20. Most people that buys a weapon early on will most likely feel cheated as their gear becomes outdated in weeks or even days. This will prevent a majority of the players to not spend money on gears as there will always be a lot more new players than end gamers. I don't have the exact data but I would assume mass amounts of smaller transactions will out weight small amounts of larger transactions anyday.

Perhaps striking a good balance would be let a certain more powerful traits not be available until a player reaches a certain level but they are able to level up their weapons?
  • DMPDMP Member Posts: 60

@Shteevie I can't speak for 100% of the community, but from everyone I met from multiple feeder guilds, I don't know 1 single player that will complain about upgrading their equipments past 3 levels. Also from a business perspective, most guilds are teaching all the new players to not buy any gears until they reach around lvl20.

Very true. Early on in my game I bought Darryl's Crossbow I think at LVL8. At that point in the game upgrades were very fast, and it was obsolete within about a week. That was a huge waste of money. I won't buy another premium weapon until the LVL18-20 zone, personally. They just become worthless way too fast.

@Shteevie - Now on the other hand, if I were able to upgrade a purchased weapon, say 5 - 6 times, then I may be more inclined to spend the scratch for that weapon due to it being able to last me for longer game play. At the rate it is now, it just doesn't make sense to my wallet. I would've loved to have been able to buy the upgraded Legendary Morgan's Staff last week, but it would have just been worthless in another week or two so I passed on it.

deb1hd
  • jeffstasykjeffstasyk Member Posts: 162
    SteveSS said:

@Shteevie I can't speak for 100% of the community, but from everyone I met from multiple feeder guilds, I don't know 1 single player that will complain about upgrading their equipments past 3 levels. Also from a business perspective, most guilds are teaching all the new players to not buy any gears until they reach around lvl20.

Very true. Early on in my game I bought Darryl's Crossbow I think at LVL8. At that point in the game upgrades were very fast, and it was obsolete within about a week. That was a huge waste of money. I won't buy another premium weapon until the LVL18-20 zone, personally. They just become worthless way too fast.

@Shteevie - Now on the other hand, if I were able to upgrade a purchased weapon, say 5 - 6 times, then I may be more inclined to spend the scratch for that weapon due to it being able to last me for longer game play. At the rate it is now, it just doesn't make sense to my wallet. I would've loved to have been able to buy the upgraded Legendary Morgan's Staff last week, but it would have just been worthless in another week or two so I passed on it.

that is the point though...as a newcomer you didnt realize this and you spent money...so they got what they wanted...i did the same thing...i bought bundles and weapons left and right...but then realized "hey this weapon is useless now"...although most of the time when i bought it was also about the Gold, Phones, Full XP, or whatever else that came with the weapon...so i still got my value out of a $17 bundle that would have like 3000 gold and some other small stuff along with that weapon...but yea...now you know and wont spend again or not until you are further in game...but early on they are crushing it most likely with new players scooping them up because they just dont realize how it works...
    DMPdeb1hd
    Another thought that just popped into my head. Let's say that I bought that Crossbow at lvl8, and I'm now at lvl12 and want to buy again. It would be nice if the purchase program could check my inventory for the lvl8 crossbow, and if it's there, offer me a half price discount for the lvl12 bow.
    Avengers
    Which is basically the same as allowing 6 upgrades to a weapon purchased with cash.
    Avengers said:

@SteveSS dude...don't you realize that NG charges you more when you buy more stuff?

Want to buy tokens in bulk? Pay more

Want more slots? Pay exponentially more gold

Want more hero tokens? Pay the high gold cost (and continue to pay it) for a measly amount

Just be thankful they don't charge you more money to get it the second time :lol:

I know right? What was I thinking? LOL
    Avengers