Dear NG, I'm not ready to unlock the Governor....

Comments

• Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,377
    Shteevie said:

The banner will persist until the 12th, and then it will go away.

Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

vshield50
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited August 2017
    Are we allowed to beg per the rules? Lol. Just kidding :)
    gespuertabernacbigbeanoJackBauer
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    edited August 2017
    It's not just challenge missions...it happens after story or season missions too... :cry:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Yup, seems as if the pop up reminding us to "play and unlock the Governor" has gone away.

The pop up congratulating us for having enough tokens to unlock the Governor and reminding us to unlock him is as insidious as it was for Ezekiel.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    AvengersPic
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Maybe it's cultural reference. When I say "I'm on vacation until Monday" here in the states that implies that I go back to work Monday. It doesn't mean that I'm on vacation up to and including Monday.

"My car is in the shop being fixed until the 15th". This implies on the 15th I'll get my car back as it'll be repaired by then.

Maybe in other parts of the world "until" means "up to and including"?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Jaden
    Or maybe the banner that he was talking about was the one that reminds you to play to unlock him! Not the big poster that pops up when you can unlock him...grrr hate it when statements are so vague!!!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    DLich
    edited August 2017
    I completed mission 5/5 on chapter 9 this morning because I thought that's the banner he was referencing. I'm being careful so far not to unlock him just yet.

I have 2 Lvl 22's (both assaults) with Lvl 25 legendary weapons and armor. I'm perfect so far through 25.3 (up to but not including 25.3)

It's my first challenge with 2 Lvl 22's and I'm reaping the benefits of assault week (only had to redo archives twice on 24.3 spending 2 gold each for a total of 4 before I got a good spawn) and do agree I can go further but I still got to play 20.2 & 20.3 so I'm content.

Hello everyone, I am writing to you today to let you know of some good news!

A big green button. Hard to miss. I (like most people) just instinctively press green buttons. So it is very hard to tell your brain to stop when you finger is already moving to touch it. Guess what? I've already pressed the green unlock button when the governor poster comes up by accident. A few times...
    But not to worry! It just simply goes into your survivor menu (look below) and shows that the governor can be unlocked. So friends, don't fret about the poster, it's ok. It will all be ok... :)

DLichPic
    @Avengers seeing as you haven't unlocked carol either, prior to getting enough governor tokens did you get a similar message each time you complete a challenge map about carol?

Not at all @DLich which was surprising. I had read somewhere on the forums that constant pop ups begging you to unlock the character will be the result so I had actually been avoiding buying or choosing Carol tokens when they came for the longest time precisely due to this issue. But then, a recent highlight mission gave out Carol tokens and I did that mission without realizing (I was only 4 tokens away from unlocking her). Since then, I have never ever gotten a pop up for her! All I see is the "new" in purple box by the survivor menu.

DLich
    @Avengers I'll trade you some of your radios for some of my trade goods. NG charges 600 each. I'll buy them from you for 700 each.

280K of my TG's for 400 of your phones.

Avengersbigbeanogespuer
    810/radio and you've got yourself a deal :lol: @DLich

DLichbigbeanogespuer
    @Avengers ok I can buy 300 for 243K. That'll leave me 55K so I can be dissapointed 5 times on TG Tuesday when I get ranged weapons without spread or melee armor without iron skin.

Plus the 300 phones will allow 20 calls which should get me about 25 Carl tokens. Win win for everyone :trollface:

Avengersbigbeano
    Haha agreed! Plus, I don't want to be the monster that takes all your hard earned TG. That's as bad as a TG blocker!

I was very tempted to unlock Governor today. I assume 2.7 is somewhat soon (next 2-3 weeks) and j assume the "star loss issue" will be fixed with that update but I had to consider what the benefit of unlocking him would be compared to the star loss.

I consistently run outposts when I'm on unlimited gas as I enjoy the benefits of the TG's as everyone can see. I don't remember how many supplies I get from bronze crates running scavenger missions but 12% more is less than 1,000 each.

I was thinking of running scavenger missions for supplies so I can buy gear but playing outposts is a better payout. I could run scavenger XP missions but still outposts are a better option that I enjoy more and nets a good amount of XP per run. If I unlocked governor to play with him in XP scavenger missions he'd net me on average 1K - 4K extra.

Even though the new gameplay suggests it's best to have max level survivors I still can't bring myself to accept the "star loss" even if it's only for 2-3 weeks.

I would never play scavenger missions unless on unlimited gas (2 gas per outposts pays out better XP than 5 gas scavenger unless farming at the end)

Anyway I look forward to trying governor out in 2.7 :). And hopefully after this challenge that message will go away.

Thanks for the PSA about that screen after each challenge map. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Imo you did the right thing there @DLich
    You don't know for sure if the star loss issue will be fixed with the next update...and you can always upgrade and move forward but never backward so might as well see if the new mode really needs max survivors or not before making a decision.

DLich
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Avengers said:

810/radio and you've got yourself a deal :lol: @DLich

Is this Sothebys or a Turkish bazar?
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 885
    Fix was not implemented. Annoying Governor Pop Notification still appears .... Not Cool
    Lucky it doesn't automatically unlock the Governor as I have press it a couple of times accidentally
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
  • GForceGForce Member Posts: 238
    It's the 14th, banner is still there.
    C'mon NG, do something about it.

PLEASE
    G-Force
    Eh Family
    5megheadTripod
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    edited August 2017
    The banner which Stevie was referring to was the one that comes up when you open the game. I'll pass your message over to the team about the challenge pop up banner, but as another user pointed out in another thread - clicking that pop-up will take you to the character screen rather than immediately unlocking The Governor so though it might be annoying don't worry too much about accidental unlocking.
    DLichGForceSynapseRanger
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,007
    It's still extremely annoying... (I remember Ezekiel which is why I planned ahead.)

And I am very, very sure that any player not unlocking The Governor after the 3rd pop-up either doesn't want to unlock him (right now) or will not get it even after the 300th pop-up that they could.

How about a "don't show this message again" checkbox? Or maybe just don't show this more than, say, 10 times in total... something like that.

If you think players need more hints, send push notifications once a day. At least people can opt out of that.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    DLichfunCaptainslayer