Thoughts Needed guildwide outpost score rewards

CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
edited August 2017 in Suggestions & Ideas
So another way I thought about to make to outpost system better would be a guild accumulation score reward similar to the guild wide star rewards handed out for reaching certain star thresholds in the competition. Any objections or improvements?

Comments

• CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    Does Anyone have any suggestions for the types of rewards or frequency? Or has this idea already be brought up and shot down?
    edited August 2017
    @Dlich and @painwalker

Is this a feasible idea or am I just blowing smoke?
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    There's primarily 3 types of players whom play outposts.

1) those that value the influence system and want to attain as much an influence as possible. Due to the rewards at tiers I can't think their sole motivation is to "get more TG's at a higher rank" I think it's the rank itself (leaderboard) that makes them strive for higher ranking.

2) those that are indifferent regarding the influence system. They want their influence to be high enough to get some rewards but don't care about anything more than 5K influence. These players could be those that play outposts alot for TG only or just those that play to earn just enough to buy something they wanted in the trade goods shop

3) those that could care less about anything having to do with outposts, haven't built theirs or have and put little to no effort into it. They would typically have low influence (less than 3K).

With that out of the way.....

I'm at 5K influence (because anything higher will just reset to 5K every cycle anyway) but enjoy having alot of TG's so I can buy whatever I want whenever I want.

In challenges each week our stars for that week reset to 0 (not total but weekly) and we all start from the same spot. Regarding influence for outposts, there would have to be some sort of "snapshot" of what you are at on the first day of accumulation and then compare that number to the final number.

Because the matchups are "random" and you don't know the level of the survivors when you enter into the outpost mission it's hit or miss if you get someone you can sort of easily defeat. If NG made some sort of "challenge type accumulation" regarding influence for rewards I don't know if I'd actively try and participate unless the Rewards greatly outweighed the risk. If I am playing a RSL 26 map in challenge I know I'm in for a difficult time. Literally any time you play an outpost map with the intent to gain influence it would be difficult. I play outpost for TG only and literally would never risk hospital time (injured / heavily injured) for 10 influence. I also don't see guilds reforming based on outpost play (maybe though..).

The idea would be cool but I can't see anyone other than those that already play for influence benefitting. Unless they offered "God Mode" for a day where everyone healed in 5 seconds.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    CoonMattOfEarth
    I was thinking that the comp could last the entire rest cycle. 14 days now I think. And after reset it would defiantly have to be based on influence earned and not total. And the rewards would be random phones or TGs or cans just like in the weekly comp. And the rewards would get larger as the influence gets higher. Ie. 2 phones for guild reaching 1000 influence gained or 10 phones for guild gaining 8K.
    Coon said:

I was thinking that the comp could last the entire rest cycle. 14 days now I think. And after reset it would defiantly have to be based on influence earned and not total. And the rewards would be random phones or TGs or cans just like in the weekly comp. And the rewards would get larger as the influence gets higher. Ie. 2 phones for guild reaching 1000 influence gained or 10 phones for guild gaining 8K.

Even then, 1000 influence gained among 20 people is 50 influence each. Typically I gain around 160 max influence a cycle at thats because every now and again I'll come across a crate blocker whom happens to have all 3 survivors within stun range of my assault (which I bring on every outpost raid) and since I can't get to the TG crate in 1 turn anyway I'll see if I can stun them. If I can then I'll use my final turn to better position my scout to run quickly the next turn for the crate.

If and only if on that first assault turn it stuns all 3 AND brings them all to a red health bar will I try again and stun them with my other assault (I play 2 assaults and 1 scout in TG runs) and if they die they die.

I would say each week I play about 100-150 TG runs and about 8-10 of these does this happen. So about 5% to 7% of my TG runs result in me gaining influence. You'd need a guild of solely outpost players to really reap the benefits of any type of "star system rewards" with influence.

Coon
    > @DLich said:

> Even then, 1000 influence gained among 20 people is 50 influence each.

THE NUMBERS FOR REWARDS DIFINITLY NEED TO BE THOUGHT OUT. THE 1000 MARK WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE.

> I would say each week I play about 100-150 TG runs and about 8-10 of these does this happen. So about 5% to 7% of my TG runs result in me gaining influence. You'd need a guild of solely outpost players to really reap the benefits of any type of "star system rewards" with influence.

I agree, just like you need a guild of dedicated to accomplish good things in the weekly star comp, also. Also, it adds another aspect to keep interest.... But there is this new thing coming out with 2.7. Guess we have to see how it rolls out before jumping ahead to much. I would really just like more PvP in this game.
    DLich
    I was thinking 1000 influence mark was high lol. maybe every 200 or so get a reward. There will be some players who don't earn any and some players that will lose (end up lower then where you started).

I do think the concept is pretty cool I'm just not sure how it could be implemented when players can potentially lose influence. At least with stars in challenges if you dont earn any you're just taking up space. In a guild atmosphere if influence started playing a part in guild rewards then you can have someone who goes all "Carol" and decides to tank their influence and then the whole team suffers.

On it's surface the idea is cool and I'm all for it as a way to entice players to play outposts but I cannot begin to imagine how much work would go into making it happen. :smiley:

Coon
    Yes it does have some aspects that would need to be well thought out but would be cool way to notice player to participate in outposts. I agree. But as far as the amount of work it would involve I couldn't possible less concerned about coders having to do the job that they are paid to do. Lol. Thanks for your thoughts on this @DLich ! Real nice bouncing idea off you!