Epic vs. Legendary

Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
Are there any traits where you would upgrade a weapon or armor if it's Epic

Comments

• AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    If you can't find leg gear then upgrade epic gear with traits that help you. Here are some examples.
    Weapons:
    Bruiser: I've upgraded wide margin epic ones
    Assault: I love piercing, spread and destructive combo
    Warrior: area attack, destructive, lethal, luck combos are my fav
    Hunter: piercing, wide bore, destructive, incendiary, luck combos are ideal
    Scout: threat reduction, swift strike, lethal, luck, destructive combos are great

Armour: anything with wrestle, stun resist and iron skin or health boost
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    MattOfEarthXenathewarrior
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    If you optimize your survivor regarding critical chance it might be usefull to consider also other traits making a epic weapon "useful".
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    jimmorrison369Xenathewarrior
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,101
    It all depends on the traits and their usefulness. An epic weapon with gold lethal is much better than a legendary without lethal. Similarly, an epic armor with gold health is much better than a legendary without health.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    What traits are must have are any of the new trades must have?
    Xenathewarrior
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @Bryan18 although I don't have punish, I think it is now a must have on the bruisers.
    Incendiary I like and ruthless is nice but I don't really consider those a must have (and ruthless can be found on armour so it's not necessary on a survivor). I haven't tried out revenge but from what I hear, it's not very reliable. It's nice when it works. But it doesn't work all the time...or at latest in all the situations that we would expect it to from its description
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    psychwolfXenathewarriorMattOfEarth
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,676
    Moving to strategy.

@Bryan18 it really depends on your play style and the survivor class.

For me I still like luck as it works nicely with gold anti-stun.

I still have many Elite survivors with luck, dodge, bullet dodge, marksman and either sure shot or iron skin that I've had from the start of the game. The traits are important but once you go Elite (6-7 plus stars) the survivor performance is very different. The advice I would give is to test out the traits to see if it works for you. Survivor traits are important but don't forget the traits on gear are as equally important.
    CoonMattOfEarth
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,010
    Mabiki said:

Lethal epic weapons have equivalent or higher damage than legendaries without lethal of the same level (higher w/gold lethal, equivalent with silver lethal)

The damage increase going from epic to legendary weapons is different per survivor type.

Silver lethal on a bruiser epic weapon is still less damage than a regular legendary weapon.
    Silver lethal on a scout epic weapon is almost double the damage increase when compared to a regular legendary weapon.
    Silver lethal on an assault epic weapon is about the same damage as a regular legendary weapon.

These are the damage increase percentages when going from epic to legendary weapon.
    assault + 9.1%
    scout + 5.6%
    warrior + 8.3%
    bruiser + 12.5%
    Hunter + 8.3%
    shooter + 6.3%
    edited August 2017
    Mabiki said:

Lethal epic weapons have equivalent or higher damage than legendaries without lethal of the same level (higher w/gold lethal, equivalent with silver lethal)

It depends on survivor type.
    For bruiser silver lethal is still less damage
    For Assault it is about the same
    For a scout it is almost double the increase from epic to legendary.

Epic to legendary damage increase on weapons is as follows
    scout + 5.6%
    shooter + 6.3% 5.9%
    warrior + 8.3% 7.7%
    Hunter + 8.3%
    assault + 9.1%
    bruiser + 12.5%
    AvengerstabernacXenathewarriorklman1612
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

Mabiki said:

It depends on survivor type.
    For bruiser silver lethal is still less damage
    For Assault it is about the same
    For a scout it is almost double the increase from epic to legendary.

Epic to legendary damage increase on weapons is as follows
    scout + 5.6%
    shooter + 6.3%
    warrior + 8.3%
    Hunter + 8.3%
    assault + 9.1%
    bruiser + 12.5%
    Good point. Since lethal is percentage-based, the overall damage of the survivor+weapon makes a big difference, since 10 percent of 500 is a lot different than 10 percent of 100.
    Survivor damage isn't a factor in lethal.
    Just like weapon damage isn't a factor in marksman.
    Having silver lethal and silver marksman together is a 10% total damage increase
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,254
    edited August 2017
    Yes for me. Don't really invest in epic gear ever but with these new traits out I did with these two rifles because the ones I have lack the traits I want.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I use A LOT of epic gear. It can be hard to get great gear, and traits are more important (to a degree) than Epic or Legendary. If I don't have a Legendary Armor with Gold Stun Resistance (and any Wrestler), but have an Epic one with Gold Stun/Silver Wrestler, then I'm definitely upgrading the Epic. Same thing with Guns; a legendary without Piercing is about as valuable to me as an 1* weapon; so I use a lot of Epic Guns with Piercing and other desirable Traits.

The damage increase for Legendary vs Epic weapons is around the following for each class:
    Assault: 9.1%
    Bruiser: 12.5%
    Hunter: 8.4%
    Scout: 5.5%
    Shooter: 5.9%
    Warrior: 7.7%

The health increase for Legendary vs Epic armor is around the following for each class:
    Assault: 6.2%
    Bruiser: 5.5%
    Hunter: 7.7%
    Scout: 7.7%
    Shooter: 6.7%
    Warrior: 6.7%
    jimmorrison369MattOfEarthJaden
    I see I forgot about the changes in an update. My percentages where a little of
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    I'd also throw in Gold High Powered on a pistol. Gold High Powered can extend the range of a Shooter past the range of a rifle, very useful when fighting Freemen or Outpost defender Hunters.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    ALF4reals