Dear NG, I'm not ready to unlock the Governor....

13»

Comments

• pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 349
    12th of what? January?
    javajnkieTripodbigbeanoGForce
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I stopped at 228/250 tokens for the Gov
    Hopefully I don't get free tokens in a crate and push me to 250 tokens

I have all level 20 srvrs with two level 21's and want to keep it that way until I have the gear in place to advance more to level 21
    Pic
    I stopped playing the season 7 episodes at 228/250 governor tokens
    Hopefully I don't get 22 tokens in a crate

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    EL34xyz said:

I stopped playing the season 7 episodes at 228/250 governor tokens
    Hopefully I don't get 22 tokens in a crate

he won't auto unlock. You'll just get an annoying screen after every time you play a mission. Also you can play up to (but not including) 5/5 on mission 9 and only get 240/250 tokens needed to unlock him. 5/5 gives 12.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @EL34xyz We had guild member who was also missing 10 Governor Token. Then he became 20 governor as the Token Reward from the Challenge.

... and those you can't deny !
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    JackBauer said:

@EL34xyz We had guild member who was also missing 10 Governor Token. Then he became 20 governor as the Token Reward from the Challenge.

... and those you can't deny !

That's why I stopped 22 tokens short
    Hopefully I won't get 22 tokens in a crate

DLich
    Here's the updated text document with the note about accepting new srvrs
    vshield50
    By the way, I think I got the math originally from @DLich ?
    He is the stats man!
    vshield50DLich
  • GForceGForce Member Posts: 238
    @Fearofabotplanet even if I open the game today, he's still there.

I don't want to unlock him.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something about it.
    G-Force
    Eh Family
    NCDawgFanBttlOpenerzeowerus
  • MongrelMongrel Member Posts: 8
    Why am I still getting this goddamned popup?
    NCDawgFanpirate1125Avengerszeowerus
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Miss you and the gang @GForce
    GForce
  • mutexmutex Member Posts: 275
    Just stop it!
    vshield50
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    > @Shteevie said:
    > The banner will persist until the 12th, and then it will go away.

What 12th? July2019?

Dont worry I can understand ng, but have the same shit with my new account with negan, ekziel ,...

You @Teeceezy promised the governator will not come free automaticly, but thats a shame, make it like all other heroes
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    As it's now the 16th I'm guessing we're stuck with it forever.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • GForceGForce Member Posts: 238
    @Fearofabotplanet thanks for your reaction.
    I'm talking about banner 2.
    Great to hear that the team is busy with 2.7.

Please don't forget the fact that banner 2 is giving a lot of people extra stress.
    G-Force
    Eh Family
    NG_SamTWD_survivorJadenzeowerus
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 582
    edited August 2017
    @Fearofabotplanet

This will continue to appear at the start of the game:

- Ex-Leader "Breaking Deads" -
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 544
    @Loewe1968 That's Banner 2. We're working on it :)
  • stephaniieanne08stephaniieanne08 Member Posts: 134
    > @Fearofabotplanet said:
    > @Loewe1968 That's Banner 2. We're working on it :)

Any estimate on time? Before, during, after 2.7? This pop up is driving me absolutely crazy. Lol
    GForce
  • MongrelMongrel Member Posts: 8
    TJS said:

As it's now the 16th I'm guessing we're stuck with it forever.

They probably set it to December 8th instead of August 12th...
    GForce
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I'm not fully understanding why people don't want to unlock heroes. Could someone explain?
    Good luck, dumbass
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Well now, don't y'all reply at once.... *crickets*
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I don't know why some people don't want to unlock heroes at all, but people not wanting to unlock Governor at 22 probably don't want to have more than 2 level 22 survivors. ;)

I waited with leveling up anyone until I had Gov unlocked...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    WahooDawgTJS
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    Bump :)
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @SynapseRanger said:
    > I'm not fully understanding why people don't want to unlock heroes. Could someone explain?

It's been explained many times so you will have no problem finding more info in other threads.
    To put short, unlocking another hero for many will give them 3 lvl22 survivors therefore changing rsl for challenges.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    zeowerus
    Is this ever going to go away??
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 165

I'm not fully understanding why people don't want to unlock heroes. Could someone explain?

As @TJS said, there are multiple threads that discuss this but a summary of reasons why:

1) Promoting two good survivors to the highest level to avoid the challenge star penalty. Unlocking a worthless hero (there are some good ones) limits this.
    2) Most heroes suck and its even worse if they start as 2 or 3 star heroes so what is the point to unlock them for them to just sit there unused.
    3) Most heroes suck and we'd rather not have to grind for the XP required to promote them when the next council upgrade comes along and then the next one, and so forth. Leaving them locked for the end game saves us a lot of time. Granted, we don't have to promote them, but a good number of us can't stand having lower level survivors and heroes and just have to do it but leaving them locked is also a choice just as not promoting them.
    4) It is the way NG wants us to play the game (with probably some influence from AMC) but some of us don't want to play that way, but want to play it our way.

There are more, but those are probably the main four.

IMO, heroes and their tokens were designed solely to drive revenue through phone sales. Nothing else can justify the continuous release of them along with the way the hero tokens are done. Sure, you can "play" as your favorite AMC character, but in reality, its a pure revenue grab and nothing more. Heroes were a great concept to introduce but the execution of that concept has become horrendous since so not unlocking heroes and such could be seen as a way to protest the current state of heroes. The second banner is just another example of taking a great idea and implementing it in the most consumer unfriendly (or NG) way.

That's why, for me, any new hero will stay locked unless there is a distinct advantage to having them and their trait along with that hero either starting as epic or having enough tokens to unlock and promote to epic. Yes, I know I will have to suffer from that bloody unlock banner because I am not playing the game the way NG wants me to. Then again, I'm only still playing out of loyalty to my guild and have reduced my time to challenge only, getting through those missions as quickly as possible, not watching any more ads, and then closing out the unlock banner.

Hopefully things will change. I did notice that the Kool-Aid at NG had to have been swapped out as they actually published a formula (now if they could only do all of the others as the world didn't end as they fear if they do release them), a staff member admitted they made a mistake, and have taken another baby step at better communication with their player community.
    TJSWahooDawgSynapseRanger
    Nobody got an answer for this?
    vshield50Loewe1968