Show me your goods. . . Trade goods that is.

Just wondering is anyone else is saving their trade goods for no reason and why?
I just hit the 300k mark.

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    I've got about 125K in TG currently. I'm working on making the jump to Level 22 (getting Weapons and Armor upgraded in preparation for it). The only mechanism I currently have to get Level 22 gear is in Crates and Deluxe Crates in Challenges, and I've got some gaps. My hope is that once I make the jump I can use the TG store to help fill some of those gaps. I wish there was a way to get Weapons/Armor at a level higher than current survivor levels in the TG shop. If there was an option for this, I wouldn't hoard TG.
    vshield50flyingcowkingekimhclewpaintbeast
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 159
    @tabernac I did the same when I moved up levels. I bet s used up 150,000 TGs and I have nothing to show for it. All scrapped. You can only get silenced and interrupt so many times. Good luck to you.
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 159
    I'm back up to 60,000 TGs. I only spend them on gold crates,radios(what are those?) and hero tokens.
  • SnizzleSnizzle Member Posts: 30
    > @vshield50 said:
    > I never understood what the benefit of hoarding tg is? I buy tokens all the time and I can never earn that much.

I buy hero tokens and sometimes weapons with my TG. I dont think its worth it to buy regular tokens. So I just keep hoarding. . .I play the challenge quite a bit on the weekendsand that replenishes any I have lost.
    bigbeanotheldssdlekimhclew
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @tabernac

If you are player level 63, buy the legendary "blind box." At level 63 you are guaranteed to get level 22 gear out of those crates. You mention you have "some gaps" with what you need, so this may be a bit inefficient for you. But it does offer a third way to collect gear.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    DLichtpips42
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    I spent 100k TG with update 2.5 to get lv 21 gear just so NG can add lv 22 in the next update. Realized buying gear with TG is pointless so only buying hero tokens now and gold crates

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    Dodkong said:

@tabernac

If you are player level 63, buy the legendary "blind box." At level 63 you are guaranteed to get level 22 gear out of those crates. You mention you have "some gaps" with what you need, so this may be a bit inefficient for you. But it does offer a third way to collect gear.

@Dodkong Many thanks, I didn't know that. I just recently got to level 63 so this is a viable and welcome option!

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    730 tokens to turn an epic to a legendary. I can buy 15 sets of 50 tokens for 4K TG's. That's 60,000 TG's for 750 tokens. Gamble on the 5th trait; get defensive stance and then retire him/her for 230ish wasting 60K TG's.

At least I can get 8 blind 7.5K TG crates for that 60K

I'm not knocking anyone's use of TG's to each his own. But I don't find value in tokens via TG's anymore. Losing out on that 128 is 17% of my TG spent to promote

Used to be 365 for retiring epic to leg now is 237 = difference of 128
    4K TG's for 50 = 80TG each
    80 x 128 = 10,240 TG's
    10,240 lost / 60,000 spent = 17%

Over 1/6th of overall cost wiped out in 2.6. If it's adjusted in 2.7 maybe I'll reconsider.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DLich said:

730 tokens to turn an epic to a legendary. I can buy 15 sets of 50 tokens for 4K TG's. That's 60,000 TG's for 750 tokens. Gamble on the 5th trait; get defensive stance and then retire him/her for 230ish wasting 60K TG's.

@DLich - Totally agree with using TG tokens to turn Epic to Legendary. Awful return on investment if you end up retiring them. Fortunately my team is pretty static at this point, and I don't need to do the Epic to Legendary fingers crossed reveal and risk throwing my phone against the wall. I don't mind buying TG tokens for established survivors.

Speaking of 5th traits, I think I'm in a small minority of people that have the possibility of being stoked by Defensive Stance as the 5th trait. For example this Assault pulled Defensive Stance as her 5th and I was over the moon. Would I have preferred Lucky if given my druthers? For sure, but DS was my second choice after it...

vshield50
  • theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    DLich said:

At least I can get 8 blind 7.5K TG crates for that 60K

I'm not knocking anyone's use of TG's to each his own. But I don't find value in tokens via TG's anymore. Losing out on that 128 is 17% of my TG spent to promote

Used to be 365 for retiring epic to leg now is 237 = difference of 128

4K TG's for 50 = 80TG each

80 x 128 = 10,240 TG's

10,240 lost / 60,000 spent = 17%

Over 1/6th of overall cost wiped out in 2.6. If it's adjusted in 2.7 maybe I'll reconsider.

Yeah, the trade good shop is definitely the best way to get legendary weapons, so I don't think less of players who use their trade goods that way. I used to do that. But I got frustrated when the majority of the time I didn't get gear with the traits I wanted. I bought 12 assault rifles in a row from the trade good shop and not a single one had piercing. So either way could be interpreted as "wasting" trade goods.

I get your argument on wasting tokens, but I'd rather waste trade good shops trying to find the perfect survivor that I'll have for the entire game rather than a temporary weapon personally. It's so rare to pull a legendary survivor, much less one with five good traits, that to me I think the best chance is to find an epic survivor and gable regardless. And I focus on the tokens for survivor classes where I already have survivors with 5 good traits. Speaking of which @tabernac defensive stance is a very useful trait for high level challenge missions. When used right it's a powerful trait. It's saved me on a number of missions.
    tabernacDLichWellyLuga
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,200
    I have some 400,000 trading goods stocked.

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

tabernacDLichSnizzle
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    Me! Used to have 655k, spent some on tokens already..
    Snizzle
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,001
    @theldssdl Agreed. Some of the guild mates preach that you shouldn't put tokens into epics and instead should wait for a legendary and save your tokens for when that comes along. Personally I haven't had any luck with that, the legendaries I've had from calls have always had 1-2 bad traits. So I'd rather get an epic with 4 good traits and pray that I don't get vigilant/bullet dodge as the 5th.

It really depends where you are in the game in terms of TG's. Personally my survivors are level 17 now so I would rather spend 12k TG's on tokens to work towards 1-2* pink which I'll have forever than on a weapon that could have bad traits and will be made redundant when I level up in 1-2 weeks time.
    theldssdlDLich
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Oh crap. I should read more carefully when I get excited. I was ready to post a pic of my goods.
    Dang! I'll have to save it for another time.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Snizzle
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @zeeblack said:
    > I have some 400,000 trading goods stocked.

Geez bro. Your storing trade goods and phones. You're really prepared for a zombie apocalypse.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    My token balance hovers at zero. It doesn't matter what I spend them on, it advances my camp more than looking at a number on the screen. On a good day, I buy out the shop for a few cycles unless I'm doing challenges.
  • ShamblesShambles Member Posts: 2
    I'm at council level 15, and have been hoarding TGs for a few levels with closer to end game in mind. Currently at 283k. Would people suggest I don't need so much, and maybe just use them for hero tokens until end game gear?
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 391
    edited September 2017
    @Shambles I'd definitely buy tokens whenever they pop up. As for using them on gear, probably not until you get further along or really need a specific piece of gear.
    Shambles
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168
    edited September 2017
    I had over 300K that I was saving for the council upgrade and increase in survivor levels. When level 22 survivors came I spent half of it on 12.5K crates and some 3K epic crates. Now that I have all of the gear I want, I'm back to hoarding it. I do buy tokens, but I'm only interested in hunter tokens and a couple of the heros (and 2 heros who are never in the TG store) so I don't actually buy tokens that often. And the 2 heroes for whom I used to buy tokens are ones I no longer use as much, so again there is less incentive to buy tokens.

Now if NG would let us buy as many as we want of each token offer, I'd spend 100K TG in an instant. But they seem to want to prevent us from spending TG, so I'll continue to hoard.
    jimmorrison369