Worth keeping these long term?

D33J91D33J91 Member Posts: 107
edited August 2017 in Strategy Discussion
Struggling on whether to keep these guys around, some aren't up to scratch I don't think. Thoughts or potential?





Comments

  • Jade333Jade333 Member Posts: 93
    I like Kathryn and Anna best. Blade is great too except the bullet dodge and bullet dodge has worked with mine about 2 times in the year I've been playing.
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Anna is a keeper
    D33J91ekimhclewPutchucoTechfalljimmorrison369
  • Jade333Jade333 Member Posts: 93
    You want strong on your scouts and marksman on your shooters. Anything with lucky is great too.
  • D33J91D33J91 Member Posts: 107
    R2runfast said:

    Anna is a keeper

    @R2runfast

    Why a keeper? Worth pumping her to 5 stars? I didn't think she was amazing but perhaps she is?
    ekimhclew
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    I like marksman, dodge, and ruthless... vigilant not so much. Whats your current shooter team look like?
  • D33J91D33J91 Member Posts: 107
    R2runfast said:

    I like marksman, dodge, and ruthless... vigilant not so much. Whats your current shooter team look like?

    Just her and Tara, tbh I have had really really bad luck with survivors from radio calls
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,194
    I like the look of your scout. Pair vigilant and a weapon with interrupt and she'd be solid. If you got iron skin, dodge, retaliate or power strike as the 5th trait I'd consider going to pink stars.

    Your warrior is good, bullet dodge is always a bit of a kick in the teeth to get as the 5th trait but the other 4 are great. I wouldn't cash in for tokens unless you had something similar to put those tokens into.

    As for your shooter I think vigilant is a wasted trait and personally I don't see as much a need for dodge on a ranged class. I wouldn't put any tokens into her if it was me, I'd wait until something better came along. I'd be looking for sure shot, marksman, iron skin, luck and ruthless
    Putchuco
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > I like the look of your scout. Pair vigilant and a weapon with interrupt and she'd be solid. If you got iron skin, dodge, retaliate or power strike as the 5th trait I'd consider going to pink stars.
    >
    > Your warrior is good, bullet dodge is always a bit of a kick in the teeth to get as the 5th trait but the other 4 are great. I wouldn't cash in for tokens unless you had something similar to put those tokens into.
    >
    > As for your shooter I think vigilant is a wasted trait and personally I don't see as much a need for dodge on a ranged class. I wouldn't put any tokens into her if it was me, I'd wait until something better came along. I'd be looking for sure shot, marksman, iron skin, luck and ruthless

    Why do you say dodge is bad for ranged but then iron skin is good? Both result in you getting hit in melee range unless you are using just for raids?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,194
    I never said it was bad, just that I didn't think there was as much a need for it as unless you're going for high challenge rounds but even then dodge isn't really going to save you as it's only going to turn a crit into a normal hit. In the iron skin vs dodge debate I would rather have iron skin. I'd choose a guaranteed 15% reduction rather than a 15% dodge chance. In my experience you need dodge on character/armour and luck on both character/weapon for it to be reliable :smile:
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,106
    I would never keep an epic survivor even if 4 traits were perfect.

    I used to in the past and have wasted countless tokens in the process. 90% of the time it just wont work like you would like it to.

    Legendary warrior, if bullet dodge was luck, that would be a pretty strong survivor.
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    bladgier said:

    I would never keep an epic survivor even if 4 traits were perfect.



    I used to in the past and have wasted countless tokens in the process. 90% of the time it just wont work like you would like it to.



    Legendary warrior, if bullet dodge was luck, that would be a pretty strong survivor.

    That's kind of silly when you have lots of people on the forums saying they have only gotten a handful of legendary ever in their play time, none of which had desirable stats. It's kind of like the people who hoard radios waiting for some event that's never going to happen. Eventually they will quit having saved up tokens/radios for something that never happened.



    WellyLugajimmorrison369bigbeano
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    In your case I'd keep all three. Especially because:
    D33J91 said:

    Just her and Tara, tbh I have had really really bad luck with survivors from radio calls

    The scout is pretty good actually. Luck is very nice, due to traits like swift-strike and threat reduction. Vigilant might not be ideal, but it can be very helpful when you want the walkers to come to you. (a tactic that worked for me in the past, many times. Up to RSL+3 it might still be enough to insta-kill regular walkers.)
    Pro-tip, make her legendary but no more. Be hesitant to go further, you can only spend your tokens once. But if you get dodge or iron-skin. Pretty sweet..

    I think the warrior is alright, sure bullet-dodge is very situational. Regular dodge forces you (especially without luck on survivor) to get dodge on armor and luck on weapon (to really enjoy the benefits of dodge). This makes it hard to get the right gear. But the combination iron-skin, ruthless and strong makes up for a lot.
    Those 3 traits alone already make it a pretty decent warrior imo.
    I wouldn't go pink stars though.

    The shooter is mediocre at best, but the combination ruthless and marksman does give her a big punch. Keep her out of heat and she'll do right by you.
    I don't think I would go legendary with her.

  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    bladgier said:

    I would never keep an epic survivor even if 4 traits were perfect

    Under that policy I'd have approximately one Legendary survivor on my team. I've hit upon Legendaries multiple times making calls, but their traits have always been awful about 99% of the time. I've had my heart broken on that 5th trait unlock umpteen times, but fortunately my brain is wired in a way that keeps the few triumphs in the forefront and the multiple heartbreaks suppressed. =)
    jimmorrison369bigbeanoTechfall
Sign In or Register to comment.