Update 2.7 New Game Mode Pre-Release Thread

Comments

• zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,060
    capibara said:

And what about gas cost? It will be free?

NG offering free gas. Its just like free s$x being offered by a [email protected]#k#r
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    bigbeanoJadenkjmia421
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    edited August 2017
    @zeeblack I will confirm this at a later date, but I believe it works no differently to other game modes as far as switching gear. You'll get a heads up akin to other modes.

@Gladi The difficulty and rewards isn't something which I can comment on now, but will clarify before 2.7 is released. @Putchuco Same thing for leaderboards.

GladiMattOfEarthKrull
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    my guildies just got this
    crambert_necdeb1hdMattOfEarthCzarnyJo
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    is the update really comin? and no missions at all in game
    ET7610
    @Invader Very good point! Ninja edit.

@romeo Try and keep things on topic (your guild-mate should contact support btw). This thread is for chat regarding the new game mode.
    MattOfEarthromeo
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Fearofabotplanet I understand hurt and 'dead' survivors do not influence our ability to play other missions/challenge/outpost.
    Does it work the same the other way round, i.e. wounded characters in hospital (from mission/challenge/outpost) can still be used in The Distance?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    MystiqueMattOfEarth
    @Putchuco The health in this is 100% separate from that in the other game mode. Neither should affect the other.
    PutchucoMattOfEarth
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Is the Distance going to be a weekly event? Would it interfere with weekly challenges? Currently the challenge already fills my time from Wednesday to Sunday.

Is this a "solo" event or it would be somehow also a guild event?

PutchucoInvadersligoem
  • verticovertico Member Posts: 399
    Is there a top list or ranking and is it also a guild or solo ranking thing, if it is?
    - Leader "FunUnited" - "FunUnited2"
    - Line ID alex_vertico -
    - FunUnited.de -
    - twd-nml.de -
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    I'm hopeful the update will be exciting and keep interest high. Many questions already asked so I will limit mine to ones I don't think have been put out there yet:

* How is starting RSL determined? If we add lower level survivors and don't upgrade them do we start lower, or is it based on highest level we own?
    * Is the challenge a multi day event with a reset or like a story mission with no definite end?
    * Are rewards 9 chests and we pick from them, or are rewards announced at start of mission?
    * If a survivor is injured (and damage carries through) what happens if we upgrade him before using him again? Is he "healed", or still damaged at a higher level?
    * Do weekly bonus events apply (like Shooter +50% damage, etc.)?
    * Someone asked about Tara, but can you confirm that her in-mission heal would eliminate damage carry-forward penalty?

Thanks, waiting for "soon"....
    ~~Tiki~~

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger
    PutchucoInvaderant
    @mik81 It'll be a scheduled event, the exact times for which we'll release nearer to the release date. As challenges run for six days of the week there will be times where the events run concurrently.
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 339
    New game mode definitely sounds interesting! Just have 1 question that i havent seen yet about the damage carried forward...how exactly does that work with fallen survivors? say you survive the 1st "round" or whatever it's gonna be called with 1 survivor and the other 2 got killed, when u replace them, what damage is carried over? they cant exactly be dead carrying over to the next part of mission. Is it a group health that carries over, or individual, if that makes sense?
    mcbkhicks
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Zette I understood that 'fallen' survivors are replaced with fresh and healthy survivors, until you dont have any more.
    Apparently, you can also swap out bruised survivors, and decide to swap them back in, ie each survivor has their own damage, until they 'die'.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    David_H79Zette
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 472
    What if all your survivors die that you have on your roster then what.....
    edited August 2017
    @vshield50 Like I said previously there are some changes coming regarding the challenge mode, but they'll be announced a little later on.

@Metal When all of your survivors die then you lose...
    edited August 2017
    I understand you lose but do you get a second chance at it or is it completely over
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 339
    @Putchuco , thanks! that's what i originally thought but i guess i started overthinking it after watching videos. Painwalker was talking about damage carrying over right after he mentioned losing a survivor. Guess that's when my mind started drifting...my bad! It sounds very interesting and seems like it's gonna bring the game back to life!
    Putchuco
  • CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    If possible to answer @zeeblack last group of questionsi will have everything cleared up. @zbot @shteevie. Also, is this still to be released today by 3 o'clock?
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,463
    edited August 2017
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,463
    edited August 2017
    Hey

I believe after you know all the update info everyone is going to change their signature to

“Every change NG does is for the better”

Mark my words ;)

(I am so close to my Forum King title. :)o:) )
    CoonTroublemakerbigbeanoCaptainslayertdiddy
    I am neither for nor against politics. @Maverick1969 just kinda the topic of the day... Not gonna pull for either way. But if it offends you please don't read.
    vshield50SCBMACarl_s_HatMattOfEarthDLich
    10 4... I see that plans are being made for a possible next Tuesday goal for the release... Is it accurate?
    vshield50
    Still wondering if all your survivors die, game over I understand but can you play again or have to wait till following week or your just done...
    bigbeano
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,077
    edited August 2017
    So I used Tara in the scavenger mission and she struggled a level 24 Walker. I built 9 charges and killed each Walker on fist charge use but no healing. She remained in the red health zone. Now she did get hit by level 23 and her charge gave her full health but after the struggle she was rendered use less and had to be protected to gain charges and kill. But no increase in health. So what is the point of her trait if it can't help you after a struggle. And how does this help in the new game mode?
    vshield50Coontabernac
This discussion has been closed.