Update 2.7 Badges and Components Pre-Release Thread

One thread to merge them all.
zeeblackTeeceezySCBMATerminatesMattOfEarth

Comments

• zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,043
    Introduction of the craftsman buildings and badges would definitely reignite the interest in the game.

The questions coming to my mind are

whether these badges would be level specific?

Whether they can be equipped on equipment since also saw a deadly badge?

In the video I saw that a player can have specific number of badges, so these badges could be scrapped.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Looks very interesting and gives us something to do! ;)

Questions:
    - where will find the components? in normal scavenges, specialized scavenges?
    - any limit on how many we can have?
    - can we upgrade badges once they have been created?
    - can we unequip all badges with one click to put them on the current team?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • Jack_SladeJack_Slade Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2017
    Thx Terminates, great and well structured video, as always (with some cat action it would have been even better ;-)

Alright, my questions:
    1) Is it possible to change the badges on a particular survivor with each mission?
    2) Does the badge system only apply in the new game mode THE DISTANCE or can it be used also the challenge or outposts etc.?
    Terminatessligoemjavajnkieromeo
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Definitely some different and interesting stuff that I never expected. I'm not sure if I like it or not and have many questions but I'll hold off until I see update.
    Definitely something different & unexpected!!!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    My question is:

1. Since we need to find extra components (metal, cloth...), the chance to find tokens in the crates (after missions from Chapters, Scavenge, Challenge) will be smaller then now? Or if not, what will decrease (supplies, experience, gold, weapons or armor?)

p.s. I am very excited for the update 2.7. :)
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Every change NG does is for the better. Now where did I see this before?
    JackBauer
    My second question is:

painwalker in his video said that you need Council level 15 to be able to unlock 2 new buildings.
    I hope he is wrong, because I needed 3-4 months to upgrade my Council from level 1 to level 14. What would new players say about this?
    I upgraded my Council level 14 yesterday and I can upgrade my Council on level 15 in maybe a week or two because I want to upgrade all other buildings before I upgrade my Council.

General_PainKarajocaTJS
    @VladoII In my opinion it’s something for players to look forward to and something that stimulates them to get to Council 15. I do believe the badge system is mainly for high level players. Also I am happy there is something I can spend supplies on now. ;)

More info on other stuff soon...
    TJSFeloniousSpunkzeowerus
    In my point of view, NG will not do this. I think you are wrong :)

p.s. I like your youtube videos and videos from Terminates with the cats :))) She rocks!!!
    TerminatesGeneral_Pain
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    You have good content but remove your face so that images are bigger in the video.
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @painwalker Nice video! Just as you said the videos compliment each other nicely. They are not redundant. I also hope it's small gold to remove badges since we obviously will be learning badge combos. The max damage and max critical damage also will be key to observe as any badge that puts a survivor over the max is wasted on that survivor. This really will be a fresh start for the game!

Jerry Dixon
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    PutchucoGeneral_Pain
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,673
    @JerryDixon What are the new max caps? I remember reading a thread which mentioned crit chance and damage reduction but can't remember where I read it. Not that I'm anywhere near either!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,588
    This looks amazing, just worried that it's going to be more stuff I need to swap out each time one of my survivors gets injured to make sure I'm using the most powerful survivor i have.
    Invader
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,588
    @VladoII did you know the new game mode the distance is only for council level 18 and over? Also I would bite the bullet and get to level 15 council mainly because it doubles your xp storage to 2 mil then go back and do the buildings after, leaving workshop and training grounds till last. That's what I did and worked out quite well! :smile:
    Yeah, I heard that too. I guess, the new game mode will start early in the stage, not from Council 18.
    In my opinion, it's better for all players to have a chance to play the Distance.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Damn...this f*****g confusing :|
    Governatoranniesprinkles
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    I like that it gives some motivation to upgrade. I am cureently at all lvl 22 survivors (took the star hit) but now it seems that I may not take as big of a hit as long as getting these badges is readily obtainable. I also like that our supplies can be of some use again. Don't much like having to spe d gold to swithch out badges but I guess that is what it is.
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    So all these "Forum badges" I got from Teeceezy don't count for nothing? :p

Sounds like an interesting feature adding a new dynamic to game. I guess the variation options we have in buffs will make it so we don't all have the same cookie-cutter mold of survivors/traits.
    DLichPutchucoMystiqueSCBMA
  • FeloniousSpunkFeloniousSpunk Member Posts: 76
    Sounds good, but does this mean that phone drops will be even less because now there will be all these new components?
    InvaderpaintbeastTechfall
    Maybe Ng will give us a phone wekend every month. Maybe that’s why we didn’t have it till now o:)
    FeloniousSpunkbigbeanoCaptainslayerAval0nLightfeet
    I hope after we update, the fre gift we get is 4 components and 1 fragment so we can make our first badges!!

Hopefully there will be new achievements and a new weekend event increased chance of components in crates!!
    autumn_ash
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Lol you are so cute @painwalker <3

I wish I was part of that beta.... I bet it was fun.... anyhow, you two gathered a lot of great information to share with us. Both videos have been posted in our chats and I was very excited after watching both the videos.

It’s nice to get the perspective of both of you.
This discussion has been closed.