Update 2.7 Badges and Components Pre-Release Thread

Comments

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Shteevie So to be clear, there is not going to be a 4th "Badge" Scavenge Mission type?
    Captainslayer
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Are some of the components going to be as hard to get as most of the tokens?
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited August 2017
    Shteevie said:

No other stats are getting capped for now other than crit chance and damage reduction. These are singled out because either of them being guaranteed would break the game balance.
    And what is the cap for crit chance and damage reduction?

And do +% badges add to same +% traits or multiply?
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy ?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,441
    @PR0DJ

WellyLuga said:

@JerryDixon What are the new max caps? I remember reading a thread which mentioned crit chance and damage reduction but can't remember where I read it. Not that I'm anywhere near either!

it's 90% max for critical attack, and 80% for damage resistance (iron skin/defensive stance)
    SOURCE
    PR0DJ
  • MrRosadoMrRosado Member Posts: 120
    edited August 2017
    Should've just made a phone factory,a create a hero and new story chapters instead or how about buying more land like the Simpson's game..but then again that's just my opinion
    sligoem
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,043
    Shteevie said:

The gold cost for removing Components is there to encourage players to treat equipping a Badge as a 'semi-permanent' decision. Your Survivors should all feel cool and special, and selecting Badges for them helps you make them that way. Besides, swapping 18 Badges between each mission would be a nasty pain in the took us.
    I am a bit confused what does this mean.

I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,592
    When retiring a survivor with badges equipped will you have to spend gold to get them back or lose them forever?

I like the semi permanent idea, will really make you think about what your trying to with your survivors! Are you building a tank or a sure shot assassin etc.

Can't believe people are already saying it's been implemented badly before it's even out! I guess it's a case of once bitten twice shy around here!
    DLich
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 209
    Joy, badges, we dont need no stinkin badges. So will the build time be as idiotically long as the upgrade time for weapons and armor? The last thing this game needs is another tedious and boring aspect.
    @Firekid , from your post, I understand (maybe wrong) that badges once assigned can be removed by using some gold.

Badges should be like weapons. Assign them to any survivor. When you get a better badge, remove the previous and assign the new badge. Second, every mission might require different set of badges. So, if we start paying gold for every change would not be a good move on part of the players. For NG its a good move as it would generate extra income.

I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    dlb said:

Joy, badges, we dont need no stinkin badges. So will the build time be as idiotically long as the upgrade time for weapons and armor? The last thing this game needs is another tedious and boring aspect.

Badges would be a breast of fresh air. Sorry breath of fresh ass. Sorry again breath of fresh air into the game (If you have seen Wild Wild West, you would know the dialogue)

bigbeanoJadenshaunatthepub
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    Seems like a perfect survivor trait build now would be to not have Marksman/Strong and Iron Skin on your survivors and to just recoup those trait losses with badges.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    even before releasing 2.7, I can say that you did a great job.thank you @Teeceezy and thank you @NG for all your hard work :)
    DLichGeneral_PainMattOfEarth
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    painwalker are u working in NG?
    General_Pain
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    edited August 2017
    @Invader I lost count on my forum accounts.

@VladoII I am cleaning the toilets. There was an open position so I applied.
    MattOfEarthzeowerusJadenWeekOne
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    I told you before we(CC) started releasing info that by the time this update is out, people are going to like my signature.
    @zeeblack I don't think they should be like weapons and should be treated more like trait buffs. Also I hate switching weapons so will be nice not to worry about it every time. May change my mind when materials are incredibly hard to come by though :-)
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Are these buildings upgradable?
    General_Painvshield50
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    @David_H79 Nope :)
    General_PainDavid_H79BBRiJaden
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 209
    Teeceezy said:

dlb said:

Build time for badges is instant.
    Well that is definately promissing. What are the chances build times will ever be addressed?
  • shaunatthepubshaunatthepub Member Posts: 42
    edited August 2017
    Will the reward system for Challenges remain the same? Most have noted that the early star rewards are the best. They are a huge source for receiving gear, and it already feels as if I'm getting more gold crates with green gear. I am mid-level, so I am going through gear pretty quickly and its difficult to get enough legendary pieces to outfit all the classes. Knowing now that crates will be thinned out further with badges, I fear the 2x trade goods still won't be enough to buy the gear that I need. Not to mention buying tokens.

I apologize if I sound paranoid. But at my level badges probably won't help me much. I'm too low to play the distance. I can buy gas for little money and scavenge for supplies and xp.They are guaranteed. But you can run 50 scavenge for gear and maybe get one good piece. I depend on the gear from challenges.

Edit: I just realized I probably should have posted this in the challenge thread. But this is more an issue of crate dillution.
    KaLi
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Shteevie said:

We like to soak crates in warm water for a few minutes before adding them to the game, so that they stay moist and fresh until you open them. Same may say that the flavor seeps out, but the same great flavor is found in every new batch of crates. [Get it? Dilution?]

I think this is set up for me to say something :p

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    @Mabiki , you think they will finally explain how Power Strike works in 2.7? Lol
    bigbeanoJaden
    Will these components be available from the outside videos?
This discussion has been closed.