Update 2.7: Update Notes - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    VladoII said:

Painwalker, pls tell us when will you release a new youtube video?

If you subscribe to his channel you'll be notified when he posts new videos.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    General_Pain
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    What effect will the Governor's trait have on Badge Scavenge mission rewards?
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    TransmuteJun
  • DragonmateDragonmate Member Posts: 21
    Distance. One thing I'm not clear on. Will damaged survivors carry on that damage to the next distance event, or is each event a separate entity and it all resets.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Monsuta You think there's a separate team for that? I always assumed there was a fairly small staff that all did multiple things.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @Monsuta I finished chapter 14 months ago with a 3 star survivor but never got the time to upload the videos of the missions. I have them recorded and will try to do it ASAP.
    MonsutaMizTy
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @paintbeast I'm guessing there's a small team of 3d modeling team specialized doing all those related thing in all their games. I can't imagine the same person doing artist & programming at the same time.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,039
    What's the cost of the buildings. I have been hoarding supplies since the buildings were announced. It would be just the workshop and these building which i would need to upgrade
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    zeeblack said:

What's the cost of the buildings. I have been hoarding supplies since the buildings were announced. It would be just the workshop and these building which i would need to upgrade

That has been vaguely answered. Cost 'is in line with other buildings of council lvl15', if I remember correctly. I would guess way below 1m per building.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    zeeblack
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289

@Monsuta You think there's a separate team for that? I always assumed there was a fairly small staff that all did multiple things.

I remember NG saying on a previous update that they had specialized designers/artists working on this, separately from programmers, testers etc.
    Didnt someone post somewhere that NG was about 100 people strong? A good part of those are working on other projects, but let's say we have roughly 30 people working on NML, that would make maybe 6-8 developers, 5 testers, 3-4 artists/designers, 5 server people, etc pp (wildly guestimating numbers here).
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    Will that 2.7 update be released tomorrow (Monday) ?
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,521
    edited September 2017
    VladoII said:

Will that 2.7 update be released tomorrow (Monday) ?

Nope. The Gas Booster and XP Booster are still available in the Trade Shop. Those will disappear 24 hours before the actual update. Plus, the Reduced Healing Time "event" is still running through Monday. My money is on Tuesday.

Edit: Reading the news on the Healing Times Reduced says the event will end when 2.7 is released. The update will definitely be on Tuesday.
    VladoII
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    I'm excited about The Distance. But, as a single player campaign starting on Saturday, won't The Distance disincentive guild participation in Challenges? Could an element of guild bonus be added, like better guild Challenge rewards the farther a guild goes in The Distance as a whole?
    paintbeastJadenMattOfEarth
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @jammin Saturday is the 2nd Distance event each week. First one is Tuesday. We were just discussing this in our guild. I'm thinking if the rewards are better than the challenge we may want to play Distance twice each week. We'll see what everyone else does. Of course that means we'll get less guild rewards but the trade off might be worth it?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    JayZVladoIIGeneral_Pain
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    If we're getting bonus stars soon wouldnt you want to add back the ability to earn bonus stars from the Quests again? Any reason? I loved the stars from Quests when we received those. Added a nice element and I would love to see it come back.
    MattOfEarth
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    My question is it seems that you start at level 15 only one time by then you'll be getting passes so you'll never start at level 15 again cuz each week of passes but you'll keep getting less and less passes
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    What about gas...the supposed "gas savings" from passes would be enough only if a player does not reload but given that The Distance will be "very difficult," there's going to be a lot of reloads but the gas economy stays the same and was not rebalanced to take into account this new game mode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I conclude that The Distance is a premium feature (not free to play) because players will need to buy at least unlimited gas and will need gold healing in an attempt to beat both the difficult missions and the ticking clock.
    @David_H79 Thanks, forget about that.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    David_H79JayZJaden
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2017
    Great post @Monsuta was what I wanted to see for days allows me to see things clearer, So with your example
    If the first week you get 6 passes in the second you will have 6 rounds with double reward so when you complete 5 rounds you will get 2 passes instead of 1, so when you finish 28.3 you would have 5 passes.
    In the third week as you have 5 passes you will double the first pass so by completing 28.3 you will get 6 passes again

Ups now I saw the edited in your post.
    MonsutaJayZ
    @mimica I'm not sure if my calculation of the Trade Goods was correct or not since I'm calculating based on the first round was 600 TG, then increase by 25 every round up till 1000, then it's repeating the 1000 TGs every round.
    mimica
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 294
    @Monsuta Don't worry that is not important (at least for me) I don't even know how many Tg or phones I currently get, what I wanted was to understand how many passes I could get and with your post it's clear to me that if next week I complete 28.3 I will have 6 and in the following weeks would have to complete 29.1 to enter a cycle of always having 6 and my beginning would be 21.1 always
    Monsuta
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    For all players, who have Council under 18 level, pls try Aaron first and tell us is it good enough :smile:

p.s. If I were NG, I would give the players chance to open Beth, Shaun or Hershel.
    I think they are better characters than Aaron, and also they are from early seasons.

What do you think guys?
    KericHum
This discussion has been closed.