Confession Box for Outpost Raids

Comments

• vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,946
    Thanks @TheLostOnes for not trying to take advantage of my outpost ;)

I swear there must be a mole out there who knows when I take my "A team" out of my outpost because I get instantly raided and a lot of them go for the kill!
    JackBauerGrimGaelromeoThe_Overcomer
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I had despaired of ever being able to visit Loothoarder and checking out that hospitality because his influence was too low. But thanks to RNGebus and dropping some influence, viola! A most kind host, free influence, XP, and tradegoods. I think he should change his name to LootGiver, really.
    Governatorbigbeano
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    A friendly hello to you @DLich :)
    DLich
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Ok, folks, see you in the outhouses. Take care, Grim out.
    JadenGovernatorbigbeanoDLich
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 107
    Bwhahah @GrimGael i saw that and wrung my hands in dismay as my precious precious loot was carted off into the distance. One day ill splurge the xp to give my underfunded bruisers the gear they so desperately require to do their jobs. Until then they serve only to put up a moderate fight to the folk who roll with green scouts.

Side note i always suspect that when i bring them to a real fight every now and again they rebel against my neglect and mistreatment and reward me with only non concussive body shots.
    kjmia421romeo
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 401
    Easy TG just weren't enough...

Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    Andrea
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,616
    Daniel 7exMan. If you are going to block the crate, you might consider some better defenders. I felt bad, but then the feeling went away after a few seconds. :lol:

bigbeanoDavid_H79Andrea
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Confession: On the rare occasions when I do some raiding, I sometimes kill one or two defenders just for fun on a tg grab.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MabikibigbeanoJadenkjmia421
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Pig said:

Confession: On the rare occasions when I do some raiding, I sometimes kill one or two defenders just for fun on a tg grab.

Bonus XP, too! And double your supplies with Glenn as leader.
    I do the same, but usually once I start killing, I can't stop
    PigDLichSCBMAkjmia421
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    Some never learn...
    AndreaDavid_H79SCBMAJaden
  • dltdlt Member Posts: 11
    I apologize for all outposts I raid... just trying to reach that 5000 mark and then I'll leave all alone. Thanks!
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    I always thought "????" must be an NG account because we can't use those special characters for our IGN. So yeah, I kill the defenders too o:)
    AndreaMovadobigbeano
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Hi @Movado

You were probably a bit too quick on the trigger there, my friend. It's one of the maps where you can reach the crate in the first turn with a scout (see screenshot).

On Saturdays and Tuesdays my defense is a mess because I swap the gear around for the Distance so they probably didn't offer much resistance with their un-upgraded gear. But no hard feelings, and I didn't even lose any influence (see the other screenshot).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Pig
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I also classify this as a TG Blocker Setup which needs to be cleared. :#
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    > @JackBauer said:
    > I also classify this as a TG Blocker Setup which needs to be cleared. :#

Are you not mixing it up with the version where there's only one gate in the middle? That one you can't make in the first turn with a scout, but the one in my screenshot you can.

The definition of whether you block or don't block the TG crate must hinge on whether the scout can open the crate in the first turn or not, right?
    I'm lost.

wrinkled_bagPig
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 704
    From olt site

TheLostOnesromeo
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 762

The definition of whether you block or don't block the TG crate must hinge on whether the scout can open the crate in the first turn or not, right?

I agree with this definition BUT its a roll of the dice when people like Movado come for a visit that don't roll with Scouts.

I have my TG's set up 2 steps from the gate. I'd be safe with Movado, but my defenders still get liquidated about 50% of the time from others.

tallinie
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November 2017
    None of the rural farm maps offer a “easy non scout needed” set up. I have purchased a 3rd tank and use this map to give my opponents more xp when they raid my outpost. I have not upped the level of my walkers. I have not placed them in difficult hidden spots. I have opted to give my opponents more xp.

Edit* my layout is still reachable in 1 turn with a scout.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    When I go raiding I can’t do it with a scout. The reason is that there are sometimes full blockers and then my scout is the first one who is injured heavily. Therefore I go raiding with an assault/bruiser and two shooter to make sure that any blocker can be removed easily.
    Therefor : if it can’t be reached with non scouts I consider it as a blocker. So as with @TheLostOnes Setup.
    -----------------
    SCBMAtabernac
    > @JackBauer said:
    > When I go raiding I can’t do it with a scout. The reason is that there are sometimes full blockers and then my scout is the first one who is injured heavily. Therefore I go raiding with an assault/bruiser and two shooter to make sure that any blocker can be removed easily.
    > Therefor : if it can’t be reached with non scouts I consider it as a blocker. So as with @TheLostOnes Setup.

I never thought about it that way. I always bring a scout, and if the map turns out to be one where the scout can't reach the crate, I use the scout to open the door instead of my shooter, and then I can kill the defenders 8-9 times out of 10. (This obviously doesn't work if it's a scout-friendly map but a defender stands in the path -- then I won't know to use the scout for door opening unless I can see the defenders thru their "shadows").

I'm curious, in how many maps can you reach the crate with a non-scout? I imagine you end up fighting quite often with that tactic.
    I'm lost.

Governator
    Yes there only a few like the lake and warehouse map.
    That’s why usually end up at 7k Influence. :p
    -----------------
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Nearly always you can see whether there is a blocker during your opponent's turn. So scout and two shooters will rarely get nailed by a blocker. Scout dash when there isn't one, scout opens the door when there is. Maybe 1 raid in a 100 someone's blocking and I can't see from the move outline during the opponent's turn.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    GovernatordocfinzenburgTheLostOnesbigbeano
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 704
    I confess! I raid and kill every survivors on my way to my goal ( first time) of 6000+ i.p. ...and at the same time i was a tg blocker :( ... really sorry! From tomorrow i will do Santa Claus ;)
    SCBMAbigbeanokjmia421
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2017
    @Teeceezy @painwalker @David_H79
    Hi guys! Is there a comment or someone know the maximum number of walkers in the various outposts? Thanks in advance!!!