Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,624
    vshield50 said:

If you equip a badge on the hero in which the badge says you get an extra boost for teaming up with, does the extra boost automatically work for that hero since they will always be paired with themselves?

No, it mentions teammates so if it references a Hero or a survivor class it has to be another survivor, not the survivor with the badge.
    dlb
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @vshield50 I wondered that too.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Played 10 scavenge missions...no component.

Yeah...finally some new unicorns in the game...
    OneVoiceDLH
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 168
    @zbot

I used only epic components indeed

Line id: djinn1982
  • FeloniousSpunkFeloniousSpunk Member Posts: 76
    zbot said:

MadPuppy said:

The game does state that the result can vary from/to specific rarities. When crafting I did see my epics could produce rares. Though I didn't like it. I did it anyhow as a rare is better than nothing.

Beg to differ. If you equip a rare badge because it's all you have the the moment, when a better one comes along you have to spend gold to remove it. So why even equip it?
    The badges help you improve your survivor but it's not necessary. There's no cost to equip it initially but yes there is a cost to unequip it so strategy plays into how you use your badges. Between the free gold from daily missions, the cost is minimal. I would suggest farming to gain components then craft badges to see what's available first before equipping it.

I think players are getting carried away with the shiny new badges and only want leg badges like survivors and gears but badges are very different. Any badge will improve your survivors even common ones.

@Djinn nice badge! From your screenshots, it came from all epic components?
    I have been doing scavenge missions all day on hard level, have yet to get anything above 2* component. I understand that even a low level boost is a boost, but I consider anything below epic to be trash straight away, it's just how I play, and it's my opinion. 15 gold is not a small amount of gold for ftp players. I average probably 300 gold per week just from playing, and spend it all for healing at the end of a challenge.
    MacVDbld1369
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 168
    Got these components in xp scavenge missions.
    Normal difficulty

Line id: djinn1982
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    > @vshield50 said:
    > If you equip a badge on the hero in which the badge says you get an extra boost for teaming up with, does the extra boost automatically work for that hero since they will always be paired with themselves?

No
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    It says is one of the survivors teammates is Rick, so it doesn't work, if equip that badge on Rick.
    AlexFiliUK
  • SavannahGuy81SavannahGuy81 Member Posts: 45
    The problem seems to be how to maximise since they can't fit at all survivors and you get 20% more when 4 out of 6 of the same class.. I put some out to replace with better ones and had to put back same cuz new one didn't fit at this survivors.. 15 gold every time you take one off
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

The problem seems to be how to maximise since they can't fit at all survivors and you get 20% more when 4 out of 6 of the same class.. I put some out to replace with better ones and had to put back same cuz new one didn't fit at this survivors.. 15 gold every time you take one off

What do you mean didn't fit?
    MizTy
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,090
    @SavannahGuy81 don't put any on yet! You've got a week till the distance! Work out a strategy. It's not a race
    General_Quatre1RisMacV
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    edited September 2017
    Firekid said:

> @General_Quatre said:

> @Firekid I'm not sure that'll work....Didn't it say somewhere that Components are only found in RSL15+ Missions?

Bloody hell i forgot about that!!! Thanks so much! Although have bagged 10 phones in my futile search so not complaining too much

components are dropping in the tara mission, which does not give an rsl
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

General_Quatrepaintbeast
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,265
    What is the "..." trait ?
    VladoII
    @vshield50 +18 if the survivor has any trait that is bugged! B)
    vshield50JadenPigcrambert_nec
    PapacasTechfall
    > @paintbeast said:
    > @vshield50 +18 if the survivor has any trait that is bugged! B)

So it is universal to all the traits then? Lol
    paintbeastJaden
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    What is the gold cost to remove a badge once it has been put on a survivor?
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 492
    What were u playing when u got them normal or hard mode
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    Metal said:

What were u playing when u got them normal or hard mode

Hard mode, XP scavenge mission.

Interestingly, the uncommon one was a silver crate, while the rare one was a bronze crate.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    I urge anyone to read the help section in the game itself. It explains most things being asked here :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    NG_SamDavid_H79wattson86
    Is there any way to get a guaranteed legendary badge? If all the pieces are legendary?