Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @I_Am_Psycho no
    Also a hunter is not a teammate of himself.
    Glenn is not a teammate of himself.
    I_Am_PsychoVladoIIMattOfEarth
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I was wondering how the actual implementation is working though.

Anyway, just for a laugh, as it will eventually be replaced as I get better badges, I tested it out and he doesn't get the additional bonus.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2017
    @ADPaq I was not faking and it was not a rhetorical question. I was thinking maybe they don't know how this will look like in practice. Maybe they haven't expected that, in practice, the equip-unequip-equip cycle will become necessary and that we would have to do the process numerous times in the course of game play.

If that is indeed the hidden intent as you concluded with finality that it is, then we should ask them to address the disadvantage for minimal spenders. If they cannot undo this (for whatever reason) then maybe enable us to make up for the lack of constantly available gold...one way is to increase the reward for and frequency of Quests per day.

Edit: another way is to provide gold bonus for completing TWD missions at a set time. One more way is to provide gold as challenge achievement bonus.
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Ive noticed that gold crates appearances have drop drastically.
    InvaderVladoII
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Some changes I would personally like to see are:
    • A limiter that ensures if all components are rare then your minimum level badge is rare or better.
    • A way to possibly upgrade lesser components. Maybe crafting has a chance of giving a upgraded component if you fill all slots with same item. Just an outlet to prevent a stock pile of common craft components.
    • A visual cue for players to know badges have been applied. Maybe an icon over head of actual badges on their clothing.
    • Each mission or challenge should lift available loot types. If a challenge can not yield crafting components then should say.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    mik81Papacas
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    This is my question, too -- why are there different types of components? Do the different types do different things? Or will they somehow eventually do different things? Because right now it looks like I can just pick them at random

@thew_robert Is it one of each component, or can you use whatever you have? If you can use whatever, and still get a random outcome, why are there different types of components?

Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 464
    Sorry if asked elsewhere...do the % increase badges affect the survivor stats only? Or do they also increase weapon/armor stats?
    VladoII
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    @painwalker When can we watch your new video with crafting?

JackBauer
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,416
    WahooDawg said:

Sorry if asked elsewhere...do the % increase badges affect the survivor stats only? Or do they also increase weapon/armor stats?

My understanding is base survivor stats only.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

WahooDawg
  • mason1970mason1970 Member Posts: 6
    it would be good if you could brake the badges up and re-craft them
    I_Am_PsychoPapacas
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,512
    @DLich More info?

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    OneVoiceTJS
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,512
    Love high RSL

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    David_H79AlexFiliUKTJS
  • mellow_93mellow_93 Member Posts: 109
    Waste of an update tbh....
    SleeperyJeemKaLiPain Walkerrustynailant
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Finally Completed A Set Of Four
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79OneVoice
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    TJS said:

Finally Completed A Set Of Four

So what sort of set bonus did you get?
    I'm having my best luck in equipment scavenge

David_H79TJSVladoII
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Mabiki
    Four of more of the same set triggers 20% bonus of those in that set.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MabikiI_Am_Psycho
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    TJS said:

@Mabiki

Four of more of the same set triggers 20% bonus of those in that set.

I'm keeping some gold spare to swap things around on that basis. I can complete sets if I utilise them better. However, I'm waiting for Fragments for more badges this evening in case I have better options. I've seen less of them today than yesterday though.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJS
    @paintbeast
    I would much prefer it if epic pieces resulted in epic badges and leg for leg, but that's not how they designed it to work. "Should" doesn't enter into it.

I am all for a system that guarantees better results. But I can't sympathize with people complaining that they got a badge that was exactly within the range they were promised before they clicked "create."
    I_Am_PsychoTJSdocfinzenburgPapacas