Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,293
    @zbot @Teeceezy @Shteevie how about component/ badges specific scavenging missions

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

TransmuteJun
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    As in most games there's a element of luck involved. Rarely does any game have 100% guarantees. The element of luck is what keeps you trying, if you're guaranteed a result every time it would become boring faster. Just like in poker, you can have a pair of aces, best hand to have but it never guarantees a win. :wink:
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MabikiNeoTheOne
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Mabiki said:

Voicing my own opinion is not the same as discounting anyone's experience. I didn't tell anyone to shut up, nor did I claim I was "happy" with my experience.

"But I can't sympathize with people complaining that they got a badge that was exactly within the range they were promised before they clicked "create.""

This is near to similar...
    TJSCaptainslayertpips42
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > > @TJS said:
    > > As in most games there's a element of luck involved. Rarely does any game have 100% guarantees. The element of luck is what keeps you trying, if you're guaranteed a result every time it would become boring faster. Just like in poker, you can have a pair of aces, best hand to have but it never guarantees a win. :wink:
    >
    > There is some truth in that, however...
    > This isn't poker.
    >
    > In this game you could get the legendary badge and still be unhappy because the values are in the lowest possible spectrum and/or the green text is a condition you'll never meet. It could even be that you don't like the modifier at all (don't want xtra health, don't want flat value, etc).
    > Then to add to insult, using all of a certain rarity can give you lower rarity badges.
    >
    > All the above could be fine if at least drop rates where somewhat generous.
    > But this isn't the case either. Getting all legendary parts will probably take 1000's of missions. So you bust your ass and wait weeks to get all legendary pieces.
    > It comes out epic with a trait you don't like plus the green text is useless.
    >
    > That's just to much rng for me personally.
    >

Every element of this game contains luck so why would the badge system be any different?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    jimmorrison369NeoTheOneCaptainslayermik81
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    That is not the point, that is only your point. I'm talking about the range of things
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    For instance.
    A legendary gear crate guarantees a legendary weapon, but it can still be a auto-scrap due to the traits on it.

If a legendary gear crate would give a epic weapon with bad traits. That would be horrible ...
    Invader
    I'd love to be guaranteed the best weapon/ survivor/ badge with best traits every time but it's just simply not how the game works. It's good to hear everyone opinion and everyone should respect the opinion of others.
    Goodluck!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    David_H79NeoTheOne
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    The 'unequip fee' of 15 gold when you transfer a badge from one survivor to another is too much. If you don't like it, BUMP. Together, let's make the app developers know.
    InvaderTJSrustynailmik81Guapo
    I don't think it's too expensive. You can get atleast 10 gold a day from one quest. You just need to make your choice where to place badge carefully.
    Goodluck!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    NeoTheOneI_Am_Psychorustynailmik81Guapo
    @zbot

I posted under New Discussion. Did you place that new thread here?
    By experience I need to unequip a lot because I have few good badges so when it all adds up it actually is expensive. After playing The Distance, come back here @TJS
    @zbot
    Am I allowed to post it again as a new discussion?
    Heisenberg
    I don't disagree it will add up fast if you're moving badges around constantly. I guess it's good we even have that option.
    All the more reason to choose carefully.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    NeoTheOnemik81
    You used all Legendary Fragment and Components but got an Epic badge or used all Rare materials but got Uncommon? that's Retrogressive Yield (RY). If you are against RY, BUMP. Together, let's make the app developers know.
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 544
    Let's keep all of the discussion in one place for now.
    In many games spending real cash gives you a clear advantage over others. Sure spending cash here gives you some advantages but I think they've created a good game that anyone can play and do well without spending cash.
    Even if you do throw lots of cash in you're still not guaranteed something better than someone who doesn't spend.
    I think it's good there's some balance between throwing cash and playing well.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    InvaderNeoTheOneCaptainslayerI_Am_Psychomik81
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet Is getting far more components than fragments intentional or just bad RNG for some of us? I made 12 badges during weekend event(+2 as update gift), low rarity of course(stil no epic or better badge) and now Im "stuck" with over 50 components and only one fragment(which I keep for higher rarity components). I would love to use my tomatoes to craft even 1/2 star badges, just to give my survs small bump, but with amount of fragments, I cannot. Or, is The Distance going to drop significantly more fragments, so I(we) will be able to use that surplus of components? I like badges addition to game, but Im somewhat dissatisfied with drop ratio of fragments/components.
    zeeblackR2runfastmik81
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    TJS said:

Even if you do throw lots of cash in you're still not guaranteed something better than someone who doesn't spend.

Sure you get weapons with guaranteed and better traits if you buy the bundles.
    TJSCaptainslayerGuapo
    edited September 2017
    TJS said:

In many games spending real cash gives you a clear advantage over others. Sure spending cash here gives you some advantages but I think they've created a good game that anyone can play and do well without spending cash.

I think it's good there's some balance between throwing cash and playing well.

I've been playing this game since almost the beginning and, I don't know of someone who has done well without spending cash. For example, it has been proven that one can never go high in challenges without gas booster and some gold. In my guild, those who don't buy unlimited gas always end up in bottom 5. That's not doing well. I don't know where @TJS gets the fuel or inspiration for discussing balance now when more than ever balance has been greatly diminished.
    InvaderTJSmik81Guapo
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Let's keep the discussion on topic.
    Feel free to open a new thread, if you want to discuss other topics.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Invader said:

Mabiki said:

Voicing my own opinion is not the same as discounting anyone's experience. I didn't tell anyone to shut up, nor did I claim I was "happy" with my experience.

"But I can't sympathize with people complaining that they got a badge that was exactly within the range they were promised before they clicked "create.""

This is near to similar...
    Perhaps it boils down to comunication styles. To me, saying "This should be fixed/improved," is different than saying "This is BS" along with a comment about farming all weekend only to get ... exactly what the game said you would get. To me, one is a respectful ask for a change, and another is just standard forum complaining about anything NG does.
    TJSdocfinzenburgCaptainslayerMaverick19691Ristpips42