Round Passes

Who else was more productive at work this week because of round passes?! I know I definitely did more!
mik81DLichI_Am_PsychoMonsutaJayZJadenAval0nKARAZIPKALITroublemakerDBonesTatdJdmantgamer4lifeekimhclew

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I'll get at least as many round passes from this week :smiley:

1) I've played harder this week.
    2) My team is stronger from following huge upgrades and training.
    3) This week's challenge is easier for me than last week's.

But then again, I've had more time this week, than usual.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJS
  • lkj_timlkj_tim Member Posts: 17
    I’m not sure I’m digging them..

I played 20 rounds last week and earned 4 passes. Now this week I’d have to get through round 24 to earn a 4th pass instead of 20 (not happening, don’t think i’ll even earn a third pass this week)

Now I’m failing missions on Friday instead of Sunday. I used to dread Mondays and Tuesdays because you couldn’t play Challenges.. My playing week has pretty much been cut in half :-(
    TransmuteJunPic
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    A much better idea imho. I'm not bothered about star count - I just want to get to the decent crates as quickly as possible, so I like the passes.
    It looks like we'll get more, then less, then more, then less etc on alternate weeks.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    David_H79SCBMADMPMattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm all for the round passes. More time to use on The Distance.

(Off Topic as I can't find thread I saw earlier) What's up exactly with the four rounds on start lvl for some? Was this intended?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431

I'm loving it, normaly I wouldn't get to a point of true difficulty beceause the challenge ended. This time around I can go to the point where hospital times end my challenge.

I like round passes because now I have to think what I do, and cannot be careless (as occurred this morning - fortunately badges prevented death).

Some types of challenge amd bonus survivor comnination I don't do well in, and last week is a good example. This week is the opposite extreme. So for me, there won't be much difference in number of played rounds, but very obviously, if the situation was flipped, I would be struggling this week.

I think one reason round passes were brought in, was to mitigate gas used in The Distance on Saturdays, so Guild players didn't get into debate over people not pulling their weight. I could be wrong, but it seems plausible to me.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @TJS

Four rounds was a glitch. Four rounds do exist at super-high RSL in Challenge, but this was not intended for starting levels this week. That is my understanding.
    TJSlkj_tim
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 620
    I had 7 passes this week, so 2 are wasted in respect to double passes. Not complaining but it would be nice if they could make those 2 count toward passes somehow.
    tdiddyMattOfEarthant
  • DigyoDigyo Member Posts: 19
    Last week, 2 of my guild mates earned 6 round passes. I earned 5. We are all at the same level and have upgraded our toons to lvl 22.

So, this week we are comparing notes. We have all hit the wall on 29.1. But, I noticed that 29.1 for them is round 32. For me it is round 31.

I don't understand how they got to play an extra round. I assume it has to do with passes since that seems to be the only variable we can find.

Anyone?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited September 2017
    @Digyo
    There's was a glitch with this weeks challenge. Some players had a four round lvl at the beginning of challenge.
    I had the four rounds and I'm guessing your guild mates had the same. This would explain the difference of 1 round.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    crambert_necDigyo
  • DigyoDigyo Member Posts: 19
    @TJS
    Thanks much for the reply. I will pass this along.
    TJS
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 168
    Looks like players who had 6 passes or more had to play 4th round

Line id: djinn1982
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    I earned 6 passes last week and didnt get the 4th round glitch.

On a side note last week i cleared round 30 and recived 6 passes, this week however to get the same amout of passes I have to beat round 31 which I cant do so look like i will be flim flamming between 5 & 6 passes each week.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Players that got to play .4 have another round completed towards their next round pass as well as more stars considering you all got to the same point and they got to play an extra round as you see.

@Digyo they were able to earn 21+18 = 39 stars. 29.1 being round 31 tells me you have 3+ lvl 22's.

It kinda sucks that some players randomly received the opportunity to get more rewards and stars (which means more rewards) and others didn't. At least there's the potential to earn more stars.

Don't get me wrong... if they earned 6 passes they should have gotten to use them on 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 22.1, 22.2, 22.3 and instead of 22.3 they got 21.4 so they lost out on 2 stars but apples to apples ending RSL they earned an extra 39 (net 37). Most importantly as you seen they were on round 32 when you were on round 31.

Had it been 28.3 where you had gotten stuck that would have been your 30th round. If you couldn't complete it then you would be stuck with 5 round passes and unable to complete your 6th meanwhile since your guildmates got to play 21.4, that would have been their 31st round and they already earned a 6th.

I posted elsewhere on the forum this issue. It's not able to be rectified but I think all players whom didn't get to play 21.4 (or 20.4) should receive some type of compensation.

Your Guildmates earned 6 round passes last week and played 21.4. Up to 29.1 they completed 31 rounds and earned 6 round passes this week.

You earned 5 round passes last week and didn't play 21.4. Up to 29.1 you completed 20 rounds and earned 6 round passes this week. But had you earned 6 round passes last week then you would have had to complete 29.1 in order to earn your last one this week!! You are fortunate enough yes but others may not have been and that extra round that some got to play and they didn't could mean the difference of a round pass or not.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168
    How about we just make 4 rounds of a level at the start permanent? ;)
    DLichSabertooth
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @TransmuteJun Agree but only for those with more than two level 22 survivors
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    CaptainslayerLightfeet
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    For those that disagreed with my previous statement, is that not a good way to combat the 76 star loss from having more than two level 22 survivors?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD