The Distance - some suggestions for improvement

I post this discussion for @Loewe1968

I find it with the distance very unfortunate, how it's handled at the moment.
Wrestling with all of our survivors, heal them with 40 gold back into the green bar, wrestling again and so on.
Alternative use one radio calls, wrestling and retire.
Ok, you have to play it, but this way everybody can do it.

Also I don't like it to restrict wrestling or to abolish wrestling.
I have the fear, if this happens that many players quit playing.
Unless these changes were only for the Distance.

I have the following suggestion, which is logical to me and fits into the concept for the game.
Wrestling stays the same.
The missions in the Distance become more easily (lower RSL) in the later stages.
Therefore every missions starts at the beginning after failing to complete them.
Died survivors are inactive, but the three survivors who failed the mission are back for the restart and opened gates are closed again.
Like in the other modes of the game.
E.g. If I fail in a challenge mission, no enemies are disappeared for the next try.

KaLiADPaqCaptainslayerMonsutaLoewe1968

Comments

• ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 291
    This idea fundamentally breaks the entire concept of "The Distance", which is to keep going along one continuous, challenging road until all your survivors are dead or all walkers and freemen are dead.
    MonsutaPigEire1916
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    If it wouldn´t be by far the only way to get decent amounts of all the badges crap, I would not had a problem with the difficulty. I would just give a s*** on the distance.

This game mode sucks.

It´s way to hard and overloaded to get to the useful rewards.
    TheSittingDuck
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    On the first run after the distance was released, I was able to reach level 13. Now my best survivors are gone and I barely reached level 10.

Thank you for nothing...
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 187
    The whole wresling meta is boring so more and more poeple gonna retire eventually. I mean, how suiciding your entire squads map after map could be any fun? NG if you want to keep us interested you have to give us means to play it properly without this wrestler BS. This is the only way really.
    mik81CaptainslayerLoewe1968
  • gamer4lifegamer4life Member Posts: 8
    I definelty think the RSL's at the end need to be brought down a bit. I am not sure if the intent is for everyone to be able to pass the distance, but the strategy behind winning seems 1 dimentional. I can't imagine people actually taking the freeman and lvl 41 walkers head on and killing all of them.

I did beat The Distance but I still much prefer playing challenges. I do appreciate them giving us a new game mode though! The rewards are pretty decent.
    @avelardez

Upload video of you slaughtering everything up to 41 lvl walkers without wrestler and standard amount of survivors or it didnt happen. Until then move along.
    TJSFragzieTimboski
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 987
    @zerosouL

If you played this game long enough you know it's impossible to kill that high 41 RSL and survive so what's your point. Stop complaining if you can't figure if out. If you can then what's the problem?
    @avelardez

I guess you just want to keep whining about other people whining. OK
    Fragzie
    No, I just want to tell those that are to stop. Gets old.
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    edited September 2017
    Chances being a c*!@y c*!t gets old?

Post a vid and help people sometime?

Edited in case cocky is a bad word, sorry!
    Timboski
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,403
    Keep things civil. Some say the Distance is hard, some fine it easy. Keep your comments and posts constructive.

Friendly warning to all. Continued disregard for the rules will result in loss of forum privileges.

FragzieSerpTimboski
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    edited September 2017
    Hello @zbot did I break any rules?

Pointing out any rules that I have broken will help me know what I can or can't post in the future.

Thanks.
    Timboski
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 608
    edited September 2017
    Doubt if he was singling anyone out, @Fragzie The discussion was getting a little heated.
    David_H79
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I don't understand the motive for this suggestion.

The Distance was made to be different from other gameplay. And the suggestions that RSL is lowered, progress on a mission is reset, and survivor's health is reset after every mission, seem to me to be suggesting that this new game mode should be as close to all the old gameplay as possible.

100% agree with @Serp post. Very well explained :)

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJS

Trying to kill them 37s
    mimica
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    There comes a point where players need to recognise that they've reached their maximum level, in The Distance.

It isn't the intention for every player to be able to complete it, although players will improve as they get more badges, higher level survivors (if not maxed), and better equipment.

The bigger point here is for players work out how to improve their gameplay using all the leader, ,survivor and equipment traits (which includespecially but is not limited to wrestle).

If it gets to the point where a player's survivors are all struggling, either new tactics need trying, OR that is as far as they can get in The Distance on that occasion. We are talking about significantly higher RSL here. There's no shame in losing by that point.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    PigTJSZette
  • Eire1916Eire1916 Member Posts: 15
    Reduce the amount of walkers spawning. A quick wrestle kill and flee before a massive hoard spawns is the only viable option atm .

lvl 30-40 enemies are challenging enough as is .
    This is how I completed the Distance with what the game provides.