Reachability of loot boxes...

Why are we sometimes not able to open them? In this case I´m able to move one step over the box, but I´m not able to open it, which would me cost exactly the same amount of squares as I would move straight ahead.

littlemum

Comments

• flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 409
    I am confused, it appears you can move 3 north or 3 east. Am I not understanding what you are asking?
    Flatulent person
    MadPuppy
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @flyingcowking Invader probably asking why Beverly can't open the box that in her movement grid.

@Invader The answer is simple: that box need you to open from the front of it, you can't open it from the side. Some box force you to open from the front of it.
    flyingcowkingMattOfEarthbigbeanolittlemum
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2017
    Invader is saying the crate is two steps north and one step east, total of three steps, but yet the crate cannot be reached. As you can see you can take three steps north, east or west so why can't he crate be reached within three steps?

I've seen this as well and surely it's a bug.

Edit: or is it because the crate must be opened from the top? Which is four steps.
    Invaderlittlemum
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    ADPaq said:

Invader is saying the crate is two steps north and one step east, total of three steps, but yet the crate cannot be reached. As you can see you can take three steps north, east or west so why can't he crate be reached within three steps?

I've seen this as well and surely it's a bug.

Edit: or is it because the crate must be opened from the top? Which is four steps.

Correct. From the top. Three north, one east to get to the front of the box. So, just out of reach. Gotta get to that lock to open it.

MattOfEarthNG_SamPain Walkerlittlemum
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 409
    @Monsuta ahh thanks. This is why I lose at Tetris.
    Flatulent person
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    Happens to me a lot too and I've always wondered. Would be good to hear a response.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    8N8 said:

Happens to me a lot too and I've always wondered. Would be good to hear a response.

In this case the response is already in the comments. This box is just to be open from the upper side.

Which is unlogical in my eyes...
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2017
    I also don't understand why some boxes can
    be opened from multiple positions but others can not. But, I also don't get why I keep seeing SO MUCH 1-3*, below-level gear in Gold and Silver reward crates at RSL+ levels. Just smile, nod and sip the Kool-Aid.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    InvaderJaden
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
    @MattOfEarth I'm pretty sure at some point the gear rewards of rsl+ missiins are limited by your camp level. Progress your camp, and the crate rewards will continue to have higher caps.
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2017
    @Phalanx44, my camp is at max. Rewards just stop getting better, and seem to get worse the higher you go.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    KillersZDBones
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
    My bad, i misread your post as you getting equipment 1-3 levels (not stars) below your survivors. At camp lvl 63, you definitely would not be seeing lv 19 gear anymore. Sorry about that.

And yes, the frequency of 1-3* gear is brutal. If Rick found so many guns scavenging, Negan would gave been lying in a ditch, along with his whole crew, before Lucille would have even made her debut!
    MattOfEarthDBones