Round passes not fair for everyone

Hi,

If you earn 5 or more round passes on last Challenge to earn 5 or more you need to play exactly the same amount of rounds on current challenge.

So...
Having 5 RP, to get 5 new RP you need to complete 25 rounds
And it is exactly the same with 6,7,8 etc.

But having 4 and less RP it’s worse than it was in previous challenge

For example:
Having 4RP, to get 4RP you need to complete 24 rounds, and to get 5RP you need to complete 29 so 4 more than having 5RP

Where is here a logic? When I would think I would be able to complete 25 rounds I would have to skip one whole challenge to not have any RP and try to complete only 25 rounds instead of 29.

Why only strong players are being favorised?
Why not treat everyone the same and just count those rounds that were passed thanks to RP in current challenge?

Then everyone would be equal. Nothing would be changed for those with 5RP and more but those with 1, 2, 3 and 4 would have the same chances as everyone.
MabikiDLichADPaqtabernacHelioCoonmik81paintbeastCzarnyJobigbeanoTransmuteJunMattOfEarthGeneral_PainMrSorrowblack_ninesDEADITE_HUNTERLoewe1968

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2017
    To get 4RP for following week you need to complete 20 rounds.
    To get 5RP for following week you need to complete 25 rounds.

This is relative to the round you start on.

Someone with 5RP would need to complete round 30 to get 5RP the following week. Therefore, someone with 4RP would need to complete one round less than someone with 5RP, not four more.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Are people completing 25 rounds getting SIX round passes?

If that is the case, I will happily change my post. I'll keep a look out for advice from people who'll know. I got 4RP both times.

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    @I_Am_Psycho
    No, if you have 5 passes last week. Your fifth round will get double pass. So you only need to finish 20 rounds aka get to round 25. Then you'll have 5 passes again.

If you had 4 passes, you need to finish 20 rounds aka round 24. Then you'll have 4!! Passes. That is the issue some people are talking about.
    If you then want 5, you need to get to round 29.

That is an obstacle that might keep some people from ever getting to 5 passes, unless they skip a week, they then only need to get to round 25 for 5 passes.
    tabernac
  • dylanarenadylanarena Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2017
    There might be some confusion about terms in this thread.

"Having 4RP, to get 4RP you need to complete 24 rounds, and to get 5RP you need to complete 29 so 4 more than having 5RP"

If I start a challenge with 4RP, I will skip forward to round 5. Then, if I want to earn 4 more RP for the next challenge, I will need to complete 20 rounds (not 24, as OP states), but because I start on round 5, I *will* need to complete *round 24* (which is what OP might have meant).

The key difference about getting that 5th RP is that it doubles your rewards for your first five completed rounds (i.e., rounds 6 through 10), and that means that when you earn for your 1st RP for the current challenge, that RP will be doubled. That's major!

EDIT: Yes, what @jimmorrison369 said. :)
    jimmorrison369
    edited September 2017
    @I_Am_Psycho
    I had 5 passes last week, if I complete 25 rounds aka round 30. I would have 6 passes yes. Next week I would have to go to round 31 though (25 rounds).
    TJS
  • ZEDBANEZEDBANE Member Posts: 1
    Total noob here, but....I am a bit confused by this. It says you earn double TG, stars and tickets for the rounds you skip but i am on round 13 and only have earned 1 ticket. if you earn double how can you even have 1 ticket.
    @ZEDBANE
    You use the ticket next week. 1 pass will let you skip 1 round. The first you'll then play will have double stars and tg.
    If you have 2 tickets, you'll skip 2 rounds next week. The first 2 rounds you'll then play will have double stars and double tg. Etc.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • dylanarenadylanarena Member Posts: 78
    @ZEDBANE, did you start this challenge with any RPs from last week? If you did not, then by round 13 you should have earned 2 RPs (one for completing round 5, and another for completing round 10).

Given that you're on round 13 (i.e., have completed round 12) and have only received one RP so far, I'd guess that you started with at least 3 RPs from last challenge. That would have started you at round 4, yielding your first RP this challenge for completing round 8; if so, your next RP for this challenge should come when you complete round 13.
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2017
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > @I_Am_Psycho
    > I had 5 passes last week, if I complete 25 rounds aka round 30. I would have 6 passes yes. Next week I would have to go to round 31 though (25 rounds).

Must disagree. Next week when you will have 6RP... after completing round number 10 you will have 2RP, after 15 your third one, after 20 fourth, after 25 fifth after 30 sixth. Only those below 5RP are poor
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @ignas said:
    > > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > > @I_Am_Psycho
    > > I had 5 passes last week, if I complete 25 rounds aka round 30. I would have 6 passes yes. Next week I would have to go to round 31 though (25 rounds).
    >
    > Must disagree. Next week wiem you will have 6RP... after completing round number 10 you will have 2RP, after 15 your third one, after 20 fourth, after 25 fifth after 30 sixth. Only those below 5RP are poor
    >
    >

Your forgetting if you had 6 RP you'd be starting at 1 round higher. So @jimmorrison369 is 100% correct
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    jimmorrison369tabernacI_Am_Psycho
    @ignas
    No, I'll skip first 6 rounds. So when I finish 5 rounds, I have finished round 11.
    So as you can calculate, I'll need to finish round 31 to get 6 passes again.

Not only 4 pass people are having this issue, 9 pass people have the same problem.

1 pass needs to beat 1 xtra
    2 pass needs to beat 2 xtra
    3 pass needs to beat 3 xtra
    4 pass needs to beat 4 xtra
    5 pass NO xtra
    6 pass needs to beat 1 xtra
    7 pass needs to beat 2 xtra
    Etc..
    TJStabernacI_Am_Psychopaintbeast
    Ok. You are right. So why just simply not doubling rounds but just counting those rounds that were passed thx to RP for current week. Everyone would be than on the same.
    lkj_tim
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2017
    @Shteevie Any plan tweaking the round pass system & epic badge from gold fragment & gold components crafting system?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    bigbeanotabernac
    I got busy IRL suddenly couldn't react sooner.

I hadn't realised round passes was doubled. I might have pushed on if I had known actually.

I'll leave my earlier post unedited now it's taken so long to get back here, and it's been well explained since by @jimmorrison369 and @TJS

David_H79TJS
  • hoanghoang Member Posts: 14
    I get 3 round passes last time. So I skipped 3 rounds this time. if I complete 2 more rounds, should n't I be getting a round pass? (3 bonus rounds + 2 completed rounds). It seems the bonus rounds didn't add up.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    > @hoang said:
    > I get 3 round passes last time. So I skipped 3 rounds this time. if I complete 2 more rounds, should n't I be getting a round pass? (3 bonus rounds + 2 completed rounds). It seems the bonus rounds didn't add up.

You don't get credit for the bonus rounds. That's the problem. You won't earn a pass until round 8 (3 skipped rounds + 5 rounds played)
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I agree with the OP - counting skipped rounds toward the round pass would fix the issue. I get that NG doesn't want to provide rewards for rounds skipped and not played - but the current solution, the 2x bonus for the first pass earned, leaves players in a bad spot if they ever earn less than 5 passes in a week, or if they earn considerably more than than 5 without getting to 10
    paintbeast
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I admit I only skimmed the thread after the first few posts. I agree with @TJS, 5 is the sweet spot, but also causes a big speed bump.

If I get 5 RP, next week I earn 2RP after round 10. No problem, makes perfect sense. However, if I have 6 passes, I don't get the 2 RP until I complete round 11, then get the third RP till 16 is complete. That is one extra round on a RP that doesn't contribute to my RP total for next week, although I still get the double stars/rewards for that 6th round.

This puts me in an odd spot. Now I am faced with the decision to keep pushing myself farther in the Challenge, or accept my 5 RP and move on to next week. Before the update, getting as far as I could, and as many stars as I could was motivation enough to keep pushing myself. Now, I feel there is a built-in stopping point in Challenges at 5RP.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    TJSpaintbeastpkerr116
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,394
    I get 5 ( the sweet spot) last week git to round 30 and may of been able to compete it but didn't have the desire to spend the gold and also be at a disadvantage this week
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @MattOfEarth
    Totally agree and understand what you're saying. Although 5 RP is definitely the sweet spot my stars are affected little if I have 6 or 5. There's probably more affect on my stars due to my performance than RP.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Working as intended. Forget about it and go on. :wink:
    Im at that 5 passes sweet spot, so I should not care, but I really dont get it. If stars are dubbled, TGs are dubbled, why counter towards getting new passes is working such way. Dont count rounds skipped and count "doubbled rounds" as 2 instead. Problem solved, everyone will get same number of passes if he/she reach same round/difficulty(if not upgraded 3rd surv to another lvl) as in previous week/s.
  • Your taking it too seriously ITS JUST A GAME.
    Relax and enjoy it again..like when you first started playing and the Tv show was fresh in your mind. Let’s not forget about Rick & Lori & Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Sasha & Tyreese they are The Walking Dead characters it’s not just another Zombie flick this is the ONLY one that’s about the people Good People who had each other’s backs surviving and keeping each other alive. Go back and watch it all over again and get it all back ❤️ I know I’d rather watch the show than play this money grabbin’ soulless game anyway. Peace
    Cherokee Rose
    bsgper4
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2017
    When RP was introduced I hit RSL 27.1 and I've received 5 RP. Next week I've started from RSL20 and hitting again RSL 27.1 I've collected 5 RP again. I don't see any issues in my case.
    TJS
    > @Amiga said:
    > When RP was introduced I hit RSL 27.1 and I was received 5 RP. Next week I've started from RSL20 and hitting again RSL 27.1 I've collected 5 RP again. I don't see any issues in my case.

Try to do an experiment and gain only 4RP and check how many you will have after 27.1 the following challenge.
  • pkerr116pkerr116 Member Posts: 34
    I started the first week of passes (that could be used to jump ahead) with 6

There was basically no possible way for me to get anywhere near #6 the following week.

Normally I hit 1100 stars and I just leave it there. Little incentive to push to 1200+

That first week after I spent my 6 passes, I couldn’t realistically hit even 1000 stars. Sure, I could have blasted a bunch of gold in the hospital but there was no incentive.

So 5 it is. That’s what must have been intended.
    JayZ_Lily_VladoII
    edited September 2017
    > @abailey362 said:

> to the OP, the system doesn't "discriminate" against lower level players, but should serve as motivation to level up and be able to get the 5th pass. Everything in the game is related to player levels. The higher you go, the more rewards you will get, whether it be xp from kills from higher level walkers that low level players don't get to, to the higher guild rewards for reaching higher levels. that's the way games work - work more to level up and get higher rewards

Does it motivate? Many players don,t want to get more than 5 RP because 10R is not achievable for 99% of players. Where is motivation here?

On the other hand those that have less than 5RP to get 5RP would have to pass one challenge to not have RP at all to try to finish only 29 rounds.

Yeah right MOTIVATION like fruit for the Zombie