Round passes bugged ?

ejouejou Member Posts: 9
I received 4 round passes last week . At the start of this week I was told that would translate to 2 round passes (I think! - there was definitely a 2 next to the round passes symbol) once I'd gone through all my double stars etc.
I'm now on round 11 and only have 1 round pass ?
Am I misunderstanding or has something gone wrong ?

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    You can only receive 2 round passes if the x2 is in affect when you complete 5 rounds. As you had 4 round passes it would be impossible for you to complete five rounds while the x2 was in affect.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79
  • ejouejou Member Posts: 9
    That would explain it ! I think I misunderstood then!
    But given I have done 11 rounds , shouldn't I have at least 2 passes ??
  • tpips42tpips42 Member Posts: 105
    The round counter includes the rounds you skipped. You need to subtract those first.

11-4=7
    You need three more rounds for another pass. So after you complete round 14, you'll get another pass.

Hope this helps!
    David_H79MadPuppy
  • ejouejou Member Posts: 9
    It sure does . Thanks !
    Guess that just means that I'll get less passes in future. I think I did 24 rounds last time so hopefully I can still get 4 by hitting 24!
  • SleepWalkerSleepWalker Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2017
    I understand what is happening, but it seems like a miscalculation to me. I'm on round 14 and only have one round pass for next week. Last week, when I was on round 14, I already had 2 round passes. I should have the same amount as someone else on the same round. I've actually completed more round with 4 passes than someone with 5 passes, yet they have more passes than me for next week?
    edited September 2017
    @SleepWalker
    It makes perfect sense. The player who had 5 RP would have received x2 RP after completing 5 rounds because his x2 would have been in affect. You had 4 RP so when you completed your 5 rounds this week the x2 would not have been in affect. Therefore, this is why he now has more RP than you.
    It can be a little confusing but there's nothing miscalculated.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    if we both complete round 15, we should both have three passes. It should not matter at all how many passes we started with this week.
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,396
    This is the kind of math I want no part of..... Hence why I just don't understand round passes and x2 stars and when round 11 happens....... It's instant eye rolling for this girl. I'm just going with it, I guess.
    tabernacDoTak
    edited September 2017
    @sleepwaIker
    Your not understanding my basic point.
    If you had 5round passes last week, once you complete 5 rounds this week, you would get 2 round passes because the x2 would be in affect.
    If you had 4round passes last week, once you complete 5 rounds this week, you would have 1round pass because the x2 would not be in affect.

I'm not sure how more I can explain it.

*edit to add;
    It does matter how many round passes you start with because the rounds you skip are not included as completed rounds to get round passes.
    Eg: If you start at round 9 after your round passes are used, you would get a round pass for next week after completing round 14.
    If you start at round 10 after your round passes are used, you would need to complete round 15 to get a round pass for next week.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    I completely understand your basic point. What I'm saying is that the double pass should be associated with the fact that you've completed round 10 difficulty and deserve the 2 round passes. When I've completed round 10 difficulty, I only have 1. Once someone doesn't get 5 round passes one week, it mashes it impossible to get 5 round passes again, unless they purposefully don't play for a week to reset the game so that they can actually do all of the rounds. That is what I'm calling a bug. It's calculating the way it was designed, but it was designed incorrectly. It should be about the difficulty level to determine the number of round passes. If we end at the exact same difficulty level for the week, we should have the same number of round passes as well. The way it is currently calculated, we will not have the same number of passes. The idea behind the 2x was to make sure that you're whole and not penalized for skipping the easy rounds. That works everywhere except the round passes themself. I hope I've explained it so you understand my point.

It's working as designed, but the design is wrong.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    They could fix this whole mess if they just got rid of the 2x rp and instead included skipped rounds in the total completed count.
    TJS
    @paintbeast
    Probably not a bad idea there. It wouldn't bother me but unfortunately, if there's x2 rp or no x2 rp, there's always going to be someone complaining.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S