[Data Collection] Badges

Comments

• Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Thanks! There may be a few details to clear up regarding exact correlations, and percentages, but I'm happy to have contributed a working theory.
  • tpips42tpips42 Member Posts: 105
    All four cloth. Got crit chance.

(Also got a common using all uncommon pieces AGAIN. It's getting a bit old.)
    Timboskiromeo
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    So here's the thing: since the release of 2.7, i have yet to craft a single badge myself. I've been hoarding my components and fragments hoping someone else will uncover the formula.

Now that i have a theory, and a reasonable enough sample size, i can actually craft 24 badges, each using 4 of the same components. If my theory holds, i should be able to predict the outcome of about 19 out of the 24. Ending rarity will be sacrificed, as i will have to mix in more lower level components to make my sets of 4, but i should get enough evidence for the community to make a ruling.

Question is, should i actually do it? The components and fragments collected so far will all be spent in the name of science, and i cant undo my creations.

Is this something worth trying? Let me know your thoughts. Or, if you have a better idea on how i should go about my selection process, let me know that too.
  • maylifebemaylifebe Member Posts: 58
    If you would spend all your materials collected in the name of science then,
    in the name of what are you hoarding your components?
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    @Phalanx44 I say go for it. Science will be advanced and your survivors that you choose to equip them on will be the stronger for it.
    Doooooooo iiiiiittttttttttt
    DoTak
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I compiled the results of using 4 of the same components into the table below.

I used the 10 badges I've created (with 2 accounts) and added 10 more results that I found in this thread. I did not take the time to go through videos for additional data. I did use results which were clearly described as using 4 of the same pieces, but without a screenshot.

Not trying to make a point, just gathering (limited) data and presenting it.
    People can use this to add to their own data or draw their own conclusions.
    I know I have
    :)
    romeo
    All four chemicals, got crit damage.
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @Phalanx44 don't do it. The fragments and components are too precious. Save for when you need a badge and then roll the dice :-)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,134
    edited September 2017
    Damage Reduction 15% Critical Chance 19%

I am the one and only Zee Black, climbed all the way to Level 75, part of SG Woot, the 3 million star guild

• Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 469
    How the hell are all you people getting all these components & fragments, since the update I have got the grand total of just one single fragment.
    Been playing hard scavenge missions all day (24 hour gas) and got ZERO from the crates, dozens of adverts & Zero again, something is very wrong.
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Nick37 The Distance have several guaranteed map to give you components if you finished it, if you're will to spend gold then buying it is another option, else just do mission & watch ads to open crates & hope you get lucky it drop components.
    @Monsuta I am not at a high enough level to play the distance but been playing missions RSL 17 and watching ads but have only got 1 after playing non stop most of the weekend. Feeling very frustrated and I am very quickly going of this game.
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @Nick37 did you make an ingame support request?
    Support can have a look what's going wrong there.
    One component sounds too bad for only bad RNG.
    TJS
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    Here are more "all the same rarity + components" results for your data analysis

David_H79 said:

I have asked support a few days ago but no answer yet, what is RNG
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,508
    Random number generator
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
    MadPuppy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Nick37 said:

David_H79 said:

I have asked support a few days ago but no answer yet, what is RNG
    RNG = Luck, Chance
    The acronym stands for "Random Number Generator". It's the programming that simulates randomness in the game.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Well it's pseudorandom surely, with a deterministic algorithm. But that should generally be good enough for gaming though.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    MadPuppy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Anything in software cannot be pure randomness but is by definition a design, and (at least in our context) it always has a specific purpose.
  • mrleemrlee Member Posts: 12
    I've made a joint effort spreadsheet for badge creation. If there is a pattern to creation, we'll only find it by cooperating. I suppose we could pin down the rarity percentages at the very least. Just add your data in the spreadsheet, and we'll get some answers soon:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_OqA8MRdsCyQY-w3Ihwk2Tgh5bd1id4U8B4VVi6L_E/edit?usp=sharing
    FOEromeo
  • WolfegarWolfegar Member Posts: 38
    I hope I can upload from my iPad. I used the same two star components and got different badges.

romeo
  • dungeonmaster201dungeonmaster201 Member Posts: 113
    Here are mine this far, hope it helps in getting a chart together
  • TimberTimber Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2017
    Here is few ...

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @Timber @Wolfegar

I don't know how much data we can gather from badges made with one of every type of component. If component type does affect the badge result, mising them all together would logically mean an equal chance of any badge type. Maybe try using all of the same type component to see if there is a pattern there. All edibles or all metals, etc.

One working hypothesis is that edibles as component provide better chance of health boost.

I'm inclined to think it is all random. But if there are corellations, that would be great to know. I'm not diligent enough to record every badge I make, but I'm paying attention to ingredients and results in case I do see any clear patterns.
  • TimberTimber Member Posts: 39
    I think this crafting is just random bs...

NG would be fair to all players and tell some basic information about crafting, is there some pattern how different combos work or is it just random?
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    > @Timber said:
    > I think this crafting is just random bs...
    >
    > NG would be fair to all players and tell some basic information about crafting, is there some pattern how different combos work or is it just random?

This game was removed from China a few months ago because they didn't want to comply China law of game drop rate transparency, you think they would give out those detail of badge crafting system? :trollface:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/25738/drop-rates#latest
    TJSSCBMATimboski
  • mrleemrlee Member Posts: 12
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_OqA8MRdsCyQY-w3Ihwk2Tgh5bd1id4U8B4VVi6L_E/edit#gid=0

Add your crafting data to the spreadsheet. It will make it a lot easier to find a pattern.