Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• KillerkevKillerkev Member Posts: 2
    TJS, at least someone is getting good stuff! Maybe there is a glimmer of hope but I'm not putting any legendary pieces with anything other than legendary. At least the worst I can get is epic that way cuz I'm 97% sure that's what I"ll get.
    TJSInvaderAnna93soby
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 491
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Five epic pieces (my only five since this update) yielded an epic badge. Color me annoyed. Devs, I'm with the masses that believe this should be changed. It's very frustrating.

I'd be fine with removing the potential for a higher level badge if it means no lower level potential (assuming all components are same rarity)
    TheSittingDuckmik81
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @General_Quatre
    Did you mean 5 Legendary pieces? I would assume so, from your context.
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    There should be a 24-hr event when we could swap badges for free.
    SCBMAmik81ljr6jvhv4black_nines
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 279
    I remember only one other game with a crafting type system that had a regression possibility, and it was blatantly explained in the game text that the combiner "screwed up a bit, but the (end result) should still be useable" (Damn it, Wayne! - Parasite Eve 1)

On one hand, I can understand why it's technically a function in this game, because mistakes happen. And in the Apocalypse, you have to work with what you got. Won't always be pretty.

That being said, we as players deserve to see the likelihood of this occurring, so we can make informed gambles.

I definitely appreciate that with enough high quality components, a 1, 2, and even 3 star result can be eliminated, (because there would be mad uproar to burn 5 Legendary components/fragments just to yeild a 1 star result), but knowing the odds right there on screen, before combining, would be a massive benefit for EVERY player. The transparency is key!
    mik81sobyDod
    > @Mabiki said:
    > @General_Quatre
    > Did you mean 5 Legendary pieces? I would assume so, from your context.

Oops! Yes.
  • trumptontrumpton Member Posts: 25
    Unsure what the general consensus is on the badges... mine...find it extremely disappointing that you are required to use gold to replace/remove once equipped. I note from above as I did that a rosita badge would be best equipped to rosita to get get additional bonus however must be team mate. Something which you find out by trial and error/experimenting. Similar hunter bonus equipping to a hunter won't activate additional bonus. If they wish to prevent players switching sets/ badges, then just place a cool down period in place or pay gold if you choose to do so immediately. I like the badge concept but would like to experiment without incuring cost.
    paintbeastmik81black_nines
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 279
    But the conditional bonus clearly states that you need (Rosita/hunter/etc) AS A TEAM MATE. One survivor cannot be their "own" team mate, so I can't say I understand your confusion, or why that is a trial and error situation.

Can you suggest a clearer example of wording to be used?
    TJS
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    Rare fragment and component + 3 epic components = uncommon badge. Great
    TJSMrsScattercushion
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited September 2017
    Jaden said:

Health percentage bagdes: percentage of base health or of total health?

Coming back on this question.
    Health badge % increases ALL health. (including healthboost on armor, healthboost by hero).
    Damage badge % increases ALL damage. (including marksman/strong on survivor, Lethal on weapon, damageboost by hero).

In other words. When you want to know the end result before adding the badge, just take the current damage/health and multiply accordingly.
    (So if badge says +15%, multiply the number by 1.15)

Edit. Unless there is already a badge.
    Then you need to calculate back accordingly.
    FirekidJaden
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335

removing the possibility of getting a lower rarity badge than any of the components/fragments used? Or is this 'degradation' here to stay?

-It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players.

We have some players who are accustomed to only caring about the best possible rewards; these players are likely to ignore or even complain about components and badges that aren't Legendary, even though those badges provide hundreds of points of health or damage.

The goal of the "range" of crafting results is to give players a path to follow with the new items - make some, probably lower rarity at first, play with combos and teams, and then work towards replacing the lower-rarity badges with better ones over time as they work out what they want their optimal setups to be. If we just jumped to the end and went straight to Leg Badges from the start, there would be a lot less discovery, tinkering, speculation, and [we think] fun to be had with the system.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    paintbeastTimberJadenthisdoesfineJayZTimboskiTroublemakerbanzaiR2runfastOneVoiceADPaqsbfDod
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Shteevie - I wouldn't say people complain because they are not getting legendary badges. That seems to be stretching things a bit. I think people will be happy with epic and even rare (depending on what lvl components they used).

Most people aren't expecting only the best rewards and badges on every occasion, so that does seem to me, to be overstating that aspect.

Personally, I take what I get and learn my lesson about wasting epic and leg components at all, having experimented.

But the range, and random chance could be tweaked to be a little bit fairer. Nobody actually expects Legendary to that extent.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    @Shteevie I appreciate your point(s), but the fact is, everybody here is not having the experience you at NG wish us to have. We are upset and frustrated over the results. I think that in itself should be reason enough for you guys to reevaluate your thoughts on the reaction of the user base and adjust accordingly.
    paintbeastJaden
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,155
    Shteevie said:

removing the possibility of getting a lower rarity badge than any of the components/fragments used? Or is this 'degradation' here to stay?

-It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players.

We have some players who are accustomed to only caring about the best possible rewards; these players are likely to ignore or even complain about components and badges that aren't Legendary, even though those badges provide hundreds of points of health or damage.

The goal of the "range" of crafting results is to give players a path to follow with the new items - make some, probably lower rarity at first, play with combos and teams, and then work towards replacing the lower-rarity badges with better ones over time as they work out what they want their optimal setups to be. If we just jumped to the end and went straight to Leg Badges from the start, there would be a lot less discovery, tinkering, speculation, and [we think] fun to be had with the system.
    @Shteevie I appreciate your direct answer. I have no problem with lower level badges. In fact, I have some survivors currently decked out with sets of common badges. Some badges are better than none, right? I agree that we should be working our way up to legendary badges.

But it's extremely disheartening when you use all rare components and only receive an uncommon. Or all epic and only receive a rare. Or (although I haven't done this personally) all legendary components and receive only an epic. THIS is the issue that I think most players feel needs to be addressed. I woudl gladly give up the chance of having a higher level badge if I could be certain to not have a lower level badge. Rare components should = rare badge, epic components should = epic badge. etc. etc. This is the way it works if I purchase an epic or golden gear crate in the TG store. Shouldn't it be the same for badge crafting?
    Timboski
  • hoanghoang Member Posts: 14
    I have too many components and not enough fragment to craft them with. The game should balanced so we can get fragment more often.

mik81OneVoiceantGeir
  • hoanghoang Member Posts: 14
    Sorry, wrong pic. This is the right one.
    hoang said:

I have too many components and not enough fragment to craft them with. The game should balanced so we can get fragment more often.

General_Quatre
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168

@Shteevie where the hell is the fun in getting an uncommon badge from all rare components 90% of the time?

The fun of you're so pissed off & want to throw away your phone? Breaking things seems fun :trollface:
    paintbeastJadenOneVoice
  • Gman74Gman74 Member Posts: 71
    So in this scenario I'm going to have to fork up 15 gold to remove one of my 3 damage badges and then another 15 gold to free the spot to equip the upgraded epic badge? Seems a little excessive in the cost department and makes me not want to equip any lower level badges
    TJSblack_ninesJadenant