I have a Badge quirk problem....stars not matching

MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
I've noticed a weird badge quirk/glitch (perhaps only visual?)....

See the 2 screenshots. 5-star legendary badge. But when I equip it, it only shows 4-stars. I tried re-equipping, restarting, clearing cache, blaming Guapo, etc. etc. But it's still bugged.

(I noticed these bugged badges are ones I used components of epic/rare and somehow got lucky with a legendary badge. It's like the RNG-gods are saying "you got lucky noob with your cheap shit, but we curse you with only 4-stars!!" Same problem with the other 'damage' badge in screenshot. My other legendary badges crafted from actual legendary components don't have this problem...it's 5-star bling on those).

I suppose if it's just a visual bug, then fine. But I'm kind of ashamed to take my survivors out in public with this bug, as I don't want the walkers to laugh and mock them as if they got their badges from some cheap flea-market....

Please fix. Thanks,

EDIT: I realize I may have caused some confusion with my own long-winded mumbo-jumbo explanation thread. Sorry. So, the short-version here of "TLDR: Why 5-star badge immediately loses one star once equipped..wtf?."

DBonesJadenTHCross

Comments

• jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 233
    That's really odd. Your other legendary badge (damage) also shows only 4 stars, and the critical chance badge on the upper right & the damage badge on the left have stars oddly aligned so that it almost looks like there should be an extra star on each. I'm interested in the explaination for this... What say you, @Shteevie , @Teeceezy , and @Fearofabotplanet ?
    Movado
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,006
    edited September 2017
    You have 3 Es, 1 A/B/D. You need to switch out one of the others to make 4 Es to get that extra bonus. In my badge I have 4 Cs. After a second look, I see what your saying. Only showing 4 Stars when equiped. Question, what fragments got you Legendary.
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Movado
    It's not a bug. As @avelardez said, you don't have 4 of any one set.
    Look at the shape in the center of each badge. As shown in crafting building under A,B,C etc.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    @Movado I have the same issue.
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    The only badge I know what was made with was the top right 3 star showing as 2. It was made with all 3 star components. I haven't mixed various star level components.
    > @thisdoesfine said:
    > @Movado I have the same issue.
    >
    >

Ahhh! I now see what you're talking about. Yes, very odd. Legendary badges should have ***** / epic **** etc.
    Must be a visual bug.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @TJS - I appreciate the comment, but please don’t misunderstand; my thread has nothing to do with “set bonuses” (I’m fully aware how set-bonuses work and I have them on all my main team survivors). My thread is about how a 5-star badge immediately loses one star as soon as I equip it...via the screenshots above
    DLich
    > @Movado said:
    > @TJS - I appreciate the comment, but please don’t misunderstand; my thread has nothing to do with “set bonuses” (I’m fully aware how set-bonuses work and I have them on all my main team survivors). My thread is about how a 5-star badge immediately loses one star as soon as I equip it...via the screenshots above

I did misunderstand but as you'll see above I realize what you're talking about. Very odd.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Movado
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    I just received my first legendary badge today and when equipped it still has 5 stars.

JadenMovadoTHCross
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 731

@Movado You think you've got it bad showing your 4 Star Legendary badge in public? Walkers are having a field day making fun of my "3 Star" Legendary. As you can see I'm also getting a short shrift on my Epic and one of my Rares as well.

This Legendary badge is the one that I crafted using the free Epic components that we got gifted. I was of course super stoked to hit the jackpot and pull a Legendary. I had already choreographed the Mick Jagger-esque chicken walk that I was going to do in front of the Walkers and then....this.

It gets weirder. I have one other Legendary badge on another survivor that I got from scrounging components. If I log out of the game and then log back in to the game, the messed up stars toggle between the survivor pictured here and the other one. Strange stuff.
    MovadoJadenTHCross
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    This is very interesting, I've passed it along to the dev team. Thanks for the feedback!
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,041
    @Movado its a visual glitch and nothing else
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 610
    I blame global warming...
    TJSJaden