Roundpasses not working right...

After 16 rounds there should be 3 passes, right @Shteevie ?

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    The "round o meter" includes any skipped rounds and you don't get passes for the skipped rounds. It's probably working right but it's just confusing.
    InvaderDavid_H79jimmorrison369Lightfeet
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Depends on how many rounds you skipped. Skipped rounds count toward the total number, but don't count towards the "completed rounds".
    InvaderDavid_H79jimmorrison369
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Skipped just 3 rounds this week...
    You need to complete 2 more for you 3rd pass.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @Invader I posted this here to help players.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Invader

You need to complete 2 more for you 3rd pass.

The confusing thing is the round o meter tells you the round you are on.

If @Invader skipped 3 rounds his 1st playable round was 4. 5th playable round is 8. 10th playable round is 13. 15th playable round is 18.

Since Invader still has to play round 16, he would also need to complete round 17 and round 18 until he earns his next round pass. So technically 3.

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    We'll be clarifying the whole round pass process in the next update. Hold tight. :)
    Captainslayersligoempaintbeastmimica
    edited September 2017
    Yes, technically 3. I wasn't being clear. I meant the round he is currently on plus 2 more. Honestly, this would so much less confusing and take care of the "not getting multiples of 5" issue if they would get rid of the doubled round pass and just count skipped rounds as completed rounds.

Edit: typo
    DLich
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    edited September 2017
    Can anyone explain me the logic behind the sweet spots?
    edited September 2017
    mik81 said:

Can anyone explain me the logic behind the sweet spots?

The logic behind it is that you'll earn a round pass while the rewards are doubled (thus earning 2 round passes)

So if you have 5 round passes used this week then you will start on "Round 6". Round 6,7,8,9,10 will all have double rewards (double stars, double tg's and double round passes).

So when you complete your 5th "played round" you will earn 2 round passes. So now you are on "written round 10, complete it and have 2 passes" compared to someone who earned 4 round passes this week, earns their 1st round pass on round 9 (which is their 5th played round but since rewards doubling ended at round 4 you only earn 1 round pass.

If a player earned 4 last week, they start on "round 5" and earn their 1st pass after completing "round 9" (which is their 5th round). They will earn 1 pass after completing "round 9"

If a player earned 5 last week, they start on "round 6" and earn their 1st and 2nd pass after completing "round 10" (which is their 5th round). They will earn 2 passes after completing "round 10"

mik81
    Thanks @DLich looks unfair to me... If round passes won't be affected when on double rewards the progression would seem more logical to me. I would also count the rounds that you have skipped and then everything would make more sense... You haven't play those rounds, but it is clear that you could, you did last week (or when this started) and you were not given and option so they should count...

DLich
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,996
    Teeceezy said:

We'll be clarifying the whole round pass process in the next update. Hold tight. :)

And when is that? Oh wait, I know. It's soon...
    As it stands the main benefit I see when looking at the "total round number" is that the TG rewards for completing the round matches up with what we'd expect to see. It was originally announced here that...

"Example:
    1) Last week, you started the Challenge at Difficulty 12 and played 15 Rounds of Challenge Missions and thus earned 3 Round Passes.
    2) This week, when you start the Challenge, your Round Passes are used, and the first three Rounds are skipped. The first Round you will play this week is Difficulty 15.
    3) When you complete each Mission in this Round, you earn double Stars. A Perfect Victory is worth 6 Stars!
    4) After completing all six Missions, you receive 30 stars for completing the Difficulty 15 Round and 800 TG. Normally, your first completed round would have earned 12 Stars for a Difficulty 12 Round and 400 TG.
    5) The next 2 Rounds also give double rewards, for a total of three Rounds of doubled rewards [matching the three Round Passes that were used].
    6) When you have finished playing 5 Rounds in this week's Challenge, you earn your first Round Pass to be used next week.

So by counting rounds you've skipped (lets assume 3) you aren't getting double what the first round would provide but rather double what the 4th round would provide in regards to TG

So, in essence, the benefit of the game counting rounds you skipped as "rounds" helps us keep the correct amount of TG's we'd earn had we completed the "4th round" even though it's our first playable round.

I had made a spreadsheet here based on the information FOABP had advised above. I created that prior to 2.7 going live. That spreadsheet regarding TG's is no longer accurate (but at the time of creating it I realized we would get slightly less TG's overall). So ultimately since the rounds skipped still count as rounds regarding "total rounds" we get the correct amount of TG's (not what you see on that chart I created) but it causes hella confusion regarding when players will earn their next round pass.

The best advice I can give to anyone to know when they'll get their next pass is...

Take the number of skips you earned and add 5 to know when you'll get your first. Then add another 5 on when you'll get your next one. If you earned 5 last week then you'll get 2 after your 5th played round. If you earned 10 last week then you'll get 2 after your 10th played round.

mik81tabernac
    Hey @Dlich you actually need to complete that round so where it says Round 19 (i.e.) You actually need to be at 20 since you need to pass it to get the round pass, getting up to 19 isn't giving you the pass. Am I right? Wouldn't it better to have that on the char?
    The chart is meant to show the round you need to complete not the round you need to see.

When you complete the “19th” round is when you get the pass. The bonus is given for completing the 19th not the 20th so it’s why I put what round you need to beat not what you need to see.

Teeceezy said:

Yeah, we'll start dropping info about the upcoming release... in the near future. :sweat_smile:
    SCBMACaptainslayer
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited September 2017
    Looks right to me.

I think the chart @DLich has made is based on the completion of the round indicated.
    ie, 19 (completion of round 19)

*Edit (I must write slow or something, lol)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,996
    Teeceezy said:

Teeceezy said:

Yeah, we'll start dropping info about the upcoming release... in the near future. :sweat_smile:
    Would it be wrong to anticipate an update around the time the new season of the who begins on October 22?
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,863
    In my case, I start at level 14 normally
    My triple rounds start at level 19

So the way I figure my round passes earned is like this
    14-15-16-17-18 = round pass 1
    19-19-19-20-20 = round pass 2
    20-21-21-21-22 = round pass 3
    22-22-23-23-23 = round pass 4
    24-24-24-25-25 = round pass 5

So the next week, I would start at level 19 because I skip 5 rounds
    Skip 14 -15 -16 -17 - 18 - (single rounds for me)

But you don't count the levels you skip for the next round passes earned
    Hope that makes sense
    edited September 2017
    EL34xyz said:

In my case, I start at level 14 normally
    My triple rounds start at level 19

So the way I figure my round passes earned is like this
    14-15-16-17-18 = round pass 1
    19-19-19-20-20 = round pass 2
    20-21-21-21-22 = round pass 3
    22-22-23-23-23 = round pass 4
    24-24-24-25-25 = round pass 5

So the next week, I would start at level 19 because I skip 5 rounds
    Skip 14 -15 -16 -17 - 18 - (single rounds for me)

But you don't count the levels you skip for the next round passes earned
    Hope that makes sense

This is true in a sense. The second part is true. You’ll skip the first 5 if you earned 5 last week.

It if you don’t complete 25.2 then you only earn 4 passes. So next week will look like this...

14-15-16-17 = skipped
    18-19-19-19-20 = 1 pass
    20-20-21-21-21 = 2 passes
    22-22-22-23-23 = 3 passes
    23-24-24-24-25 = 4 passes
    25-25-26-26-26 = 5 passes

So if you can’t beat 25.2 this week to get to 5 (and only get 4) then next week you have to beat 26.3 to get to 5.

Logic says if you could have beaten 26.3 then you should be able to beat 25.2

Unless your fortunate enough to randomly get 19.4 or 19.5 it’s a harder go for you next week.

Players who get 4 have a harder time to get 5 then those who get 5 and try getting 5 again.

@DLich
    The first week I used 5 round passes and I started at round 19.1
    14-15-16-17 and 18 were all skipped
    @EL34xyz I understand that. I’m saying if you somehow don’t get 5 passes this week it’ll be much harder to get 5 passes next week.

Got cha
    I was not paying much attention to that the next week after I used my 5 passes
    I did manage to get 5 passes again after using my 5
    DLich

Teeceezy said:

Teeceezy said:

Would it be wrong to anticipate an update around the time the new season of the who begins on October 22?
    Nope, wouldn't be wrong. :)
    MrsScattercushionTransmuteJunjavajnkie