Update 2.8: Balancing & Changes - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    Load of Boll*!s. Happy I can play the challenge for two days and then not bother playing until the next week.
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @WhereisHeath

+1 for Jerry as a new hero.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    TransmuteJun
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    Me and my bro have been done playing (and for damn sure paying) for all intensive purposes for a couple weeks now...thanks to my friend who turned me on to Hempire...you know who you are :)

But a few people asked for this info privately so I thought I'd make it my final post for posterity sake:

Info for doing refunds through Apple and Google

Apple:
    1. Go to getsupport.apple.com
    2. Click on Apps and Software, then iOS apps, then App Store/iTunes store, then iTunes account billing...you can then schedule a phone call with them
    3. You will start with Tier 1...I believe their max is 14 days and $500
    4. You can try and go to Tier 2...their max is 30 days and $1500
    5. If you get a good rep just be super nice and explain to them that over 50% of the traits in the game were nerfed...explain in detail if needed
    6. If all goes well you should get some money refunded back and they will email you a confirmation...can take anywhere from 1-10 days to get the money refunded back
    7. NG has to pay the majority of the cost...Apple has to pay a small percentage
    8. If Apple gets enough refunds against NG then NG can actually get warned...obviously it costs Apple a small percentage of money and time for having to deal with this and they don't like it...and if NG knows they're at risk of pissing off Apple (which without them they're done) that could hurt them more than the actual money refunded

Google:
    1. Google generally doesn't do refunds sadly...except for the last couple business days
    2. Your best bet is to go to your bank or credit card company
    3. Any decent bank will have a process to deal with fraudulent charges
    4. Dealing with a bank or credit card company is harder and takes longer fyi
    5. Most should have you complete and sign an affidavit and then they will investigate

Some final advice:
    1. This forum is useless...NG doesn't care about your opinions or wishes...some are them are truly wonderful people (Teeceezy for example) but if you think they are considering your input I have a Pentium 3 computer to sell you for $2000...the only "benefits" to the forum are people who are obsessed with talking about rodents for some reason or doing endless useless spreadsheets and math for a cell phone video game
    2. As long as people keep playing and more importantly paying (I was guilty of this for a LONG time)/obsessing over stars/rankings/personal bests/etc then the same shit will keep happening...see the thread about people scoring 2000 stars and the person who had to point out that they made it even though their score showed wrong...and then pointed out it didn't matter despite them coming to the forum to toot their own horn...that's gold for NG right there lol
    3. I've seen this game piss off more people and cause more negativity (guilty myself) than any other game I can remember and I've been gaming a long time...games are meant to be FUN and make you happy...if you feel yourself getting caught up in this I pray you find something better like I did

Peace out peeps...I had a great time with a good many of you and wish all of you happiness...as someone who is very anti-drug I'll be off growing and selling weed virtually and winning the Hempire Cup...at least until I get to Termi's league :p
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    TimboskiTheLostOnes
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > Last council upgrade I provided a suggestion; once a piece of gear is fully upgraded, have the option to pay an XP fee to increase the base level. Once this fee is paid, all traits become locked again and you need to upgrade it 3 times once again to the new max. This means there is a substantial XP amount needed to get your gear to this point. Because of this, you wouldn't want to do this for every piece of gear under the new max. But for the items you deem perfect, it gives you a path to carry on with them. I'd say that's a win-win for both NG and the players.

I am sure $pending XP doesn’t doesn’t generate near the income for NG that weapon bundles do. Just sayin’
    ThanosOfTitan
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    TJS said:

It's there a date set for this release?

@TJS Season 8 Premier of TWD is October 22nd and if you look at the game app history, we should be getting it on or before this date [just guessing].
    Mack105TroublemakertdiddyTJS
  • AndriusAndrius Member Posts: 780
    Agree @sbf
    The EH family- where we have competition, fun and friendship.
    How to apply?
    Click here OR Email: [email protected]
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    edited October 2017
    What's more predictable the way Ng does upgrades or the tired complaints coming from The Forum? I'm sorry but the weapons you use can still be used they're not useless. They're about as effective as they always are if they're not upgrading the Walkers. So you can do exactly the same thing you did before with upgrades you actually do get a chance to do better. To me I don't see why that's a complaint also stop complaining about having to upgrade weapons. It's ridiculous to think that they would change that. It would make trade goods almost useless and make the game way too easy. Ifu never had to upgrade your weapons you could spend all your XP upgrading other things it's just never going to happen much like a phone event please people let's move on
    jrodrf2JerryDixonMarcus6253
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    edited October 2017
    @Bryan18 It's called strategy. You know, different gear for different situations. By no means do I have what I would call perfect gear for every survivor for every situation. I may have a few items that I think are perfect and would like to keep them until the end. I would still grind for TG so I could try and find the perfect combination of traits for any situation I could find myself in. It would just be nice to not have to abandon everything every 3-4 months.

EDIT: Also, gear is hardly the only thing to spend TG on so that part of your argument makes no sense.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    paintbeastInvaderCaptainslayer
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > @Bryan18 It's called strategy. You know, different gear for different situations. By no means do I have what I would call perfect gear for every survivor for every situation. I may have a few items that I think are perfect and would like to keep them until the end. I would still grind for TG so I could try and find the perfect combination of traits for any situation I could find myself in. It would just be nice to not have to abandon everything every 3-4 months.
    >
    > EDIT: Also, gear is hardly the only thing to spend TG on so that part of your argument makes no sense.

You don't have to abandon anything and if you didn't need trade Goods for gear then you can spend it just on tokens and you have way too many pink Stars floating around. . also sorry about the run-on sentences with all this math and now grammar I think I'm back in school again
    JerryDixon
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Mabiki Having a fixed number of survivors once started won't stop people using wrestler to beat the distance, there are player with 75 survivor slot, for those lower survivor roster you can simply pay 40 gold to heal all heavy injury survivors back to green health to wrestler again.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/263922/#Comment_263922
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    PutchucoWeekOnebanzai
    > @Jaden said:
    > Yeah, well, you know... most people try to make their stuff easy to read for others if they want their arguments to be heard (or read in this case).
    >
    > I refuse to read posts without punctuation and paragraphs. If you can't take the time to add those then you can't expect anyone to invest the time to read them.

It's good to see in this day and age with all the problems in the world. People still have values and stand by them. All of u keep fighting the good fight.