Update 2.8: Balancing & Changes - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    > @vertico said:
    > Thank you NG ... everybody who bought some off the 30,99€ bundles can scrape the weapons directly.
    >
    > PLEASE!!!! Do some changes to the bought weapons to upgrade them to the next higher level!!!!

Sorry, I've been bringing this up for the past 5 upgrades at least BUT REMEMBER: the staffs responsibilities are to making money for NXTGMS stock, by law, not to make less money for the company they work for.

If you want to make a stand then just stop buying bundles at all like I have (and even anything that has to do with cash transfers. The only thing I buy in this game is 2x's XP perk.
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    Edd8romeo
    > @zeeblack said:
    > Damn it, another update so soon. Back to catching my tail again.
    >
    > While the challenge change was long overdue, nobody asked for the nerf to wrestler and stun resistance trait. Yes i now remember, a few dimwits asked for the nerf. Maybe those idiots will now be happy

A lot of people wanted to change wrestler back to how this perk used to be, it was made better for the challenge 2.0. If you haven't played the game long enough to remember that maybe you shouldn't be calling the long term players that do remember it idiots.

Not my fault you don't have the skill or long term status in this game to play without wrestler installing.

@Teeceezy I think the wrestler trait moderation is one of the better fixes to problems the team has come up with in a long time

Now to make a blacksmith building to upgrade weapons from obsolete levels to the next upgraded level trio after council/player level upgrades for a smaller fee. (It's not an end of the world compromise to ask for, you guys will still be making plenty of money on the badge system if the lack of repurchasing of weapons hurts the bottom line that much) ...just give us a blacksmith building where u can find components to upgrade weapons from an obsolete level to the new now not obsolete levels...we won't get the extra items in the bundle so we won't be paying as much but if ppl still want to rebuy the next level weapon bundles with extra items then they can..

It's really not that difficult.

Please brainstorm on this long wanted fix for this or there will be a loss of players.

Last day on Earth looks better and better, screw the walking dead tie in at this point when you're trying to bilk this much money out of people.
    JadenCaptainslayer
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @Dlich

Companies are ruled by bottom line decision, I'd be surprise if NG was different. Although I've seen worse in this freemium industry... way worse...

Although when I look at the meta I'd think this was a decision that will improve the meta, instead of having an over power way to deal with high zombies now will need to find other ways. It has pros and cons as everything in life, but I'd think the meta will be richer than before. We may not be able to push that far, but we may be able to achieve the same challenge using 1-3 different paths. What we had before was just one single high way, now we need to explore the country roads.
    Captainslayer
    People need to realize the only reason everything is so expensive in this game is because of the walking dead licensing agreement to SUCH an already proven solid profitability genre namesake "the walking dead". I'd rather play a no name zombiepocalypse survival game myself.
    > @mik81 said:
    > @Dlich
    >
    > Companies are ruled by bottom line decision, I'd be surprise if NG was different. Although I've seen worse in this freemium industry... way worse...
    >
    > Although when I look at the meta I'd think this was a decision that will improve the meta, instead of having an over power way to deal with high zombies now will need to find other ways. It has pros and cons as everything in life, but I'd think the meta will be richer than before. We may not be able to push that far, but we may be able to achieve the same challenge using 1-3 different paths. What we had before was just one single high way, now we need to explore the country roads.

Yea I made a post on NXTGMS stock trading and how the staffs responsibility is to making money for shareholders, not a fun or fair game.
    pkerr116romeo
  • pkerr116pkerr116 Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2017
    afroponix said:

> @mik81 said:

> @Dlich

>

> Companies are ruled by bottom line decision, I'd be surprise if NG was different. Although I've seen worse in this freemium industry... way worse...

>

> Although when I look at the meta I'd think this was a decision that will improve the meta, instead of having an over power way to deal with high zombies now will need to find other ways. It has pros and cons as everything in life, but I'd think the meta will be richer than before. We may not be able to push that far, but we may be able to achieve the same challenge using 1-3 different paths. What we had before was just one single high way, now we need to explore the country roads.

Yea I made a post on NXTGMS stock trading and how the staffs responsibility is to making money for shareholders, not a fun or fair game.

Wow, I didn’t see that Next Games went public earlier this year. A couple small local acquisitions done (presumably aided by the new currency of stock instead of cash), and a couple new games under development. An A/R game and one on Blade Runner (maybe that’s the same game and not two). Very interesting.

Also interesting is the average number of daily and monthly users, as well as average per active user average revenues.

Users - falling, but with seasonality peaking when the show is airing new episodes. What do you know - new content matters! What a concept!

Average user revenue - rising. This suggests to me that a core audience of the game is forming, and despite our complaints here, we are becoming more engaged with the game, not less.

Why are these comments relevant to this topic?

Because the success of these changes will not be gauged here on the forum. It will be demonstrated by hard numbers that these relatively new shareholders scrutinize every 90 days. Next Games management will know even sooner - daily data will immediately generate a trend.

If we collectively dislike these changes, we will stop paying. Average revenues per users falls. But, if marketing activities generate enough new users, total revenues might not drop in line with the fall in average revenues.

If we really hate these changes, we will stop playing. Again, potentially offset if new user acquisition is strong. Although the numbers suggest that the user base is shrinking overall;not surprising for a game that is connected to an intellectual property franchise that is fully mature (that is, viewership ratings are falling).

It’s that simple. The numbers that matter are not caps on stun resistance or level caps. The only ones that matter are commercial. Period.

We should continue to air our concerns here - it’s the only direct line of communications with our Finnish development team.

But do not expect for a moment that there is any performance indicator that matters that is not economic in nature.

Number of average weekly stars per player? Utterly meaningless, unless it affects average users X average revenues per user.
    mik81VladoIIJadenPapacasromeo
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    mik81 said:

When a trait is used in every class, in every build, in every archetype... then something is wrong, it isn't good for the meta or the game. This isn't an arcade game and balance had to come. It was inevitable, I'm just wondering why NG took that long. Other companies would have done the rebalance long time ago.

Maybe it is just me that I've been playing games for over 2 decades but this stuff happens all the time, everywhere. We need the false promise of progression, we need the eternal grind, we need to feel that we are going somewhere. The true is that we all know that all it is, is a bung of bytes and bits, but it is hard to assume it. If the game never changed we will stop playing it...

Changes, balance issues, improvements will continue to happen and you can only really do two things, you adapt or you die. Everything else is just dust in the wind and we don't owe the game.

Well said @mik81

Bill_ZRTPutchucoCaptainslayerromeoDBonestheldssdlGForce
  • pkerr116pkerr116 Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2017
    Metal said:

I wish I could go to comic con in New York to see who really is making this crap up

I’m just outside the city. Maybe I’ll stop by for a visit. I have some business downtown I could schedule and get a twofer.
    Papacasromeo
  • KFC1975KFC1975 Member Posts: 92
    It's just a game, everyone upset over a game. You don't like it, don't play it. I like the game, I like the changes made, I look forward to the next update. Thanks NG!
    TroublemakerbigbeanosuzequeueEdd8CaptainslayerJayZPapacasJadenADPaqromeoI_Am_Psychoklman1612
  • TeherrorTeherror Member Posts: 31
    Agree @rfg1982 ... and nice names for your survivors :D
    Troublemaker
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
    Changes and rebalance happen in any Mobile game these days. Whether it’s troops and spells or survivors and traits in this case, people just have to adapt and move on. If the game company believes it’s the right way forward then that’s how it is.
    Troublemakermik81sbfLightfeetEdd8GovernatorKyrusCaptainslayerJayZbigbeanoJadenpradiDodkongMrsScattercushionkjmia421tpzinho
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 470
    i dont like it
    bigbeano
    edited October 2017
    @paintbeast If NG decides to they can always reverse the wrestler trait back to original right?
    sbfLightfeetEdd8CaptainslayerbanzaibigbeanoJadentheldssdlPig
    @crambert_nec How? Any change they do is for the better even if they reverse the wrestler trait later
    LightfeetEdd8KyrusMrSorrowCaptainslayerbanzaibigbeanoJadenpradizeoweruskjmia421tpzinho
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    theldssdl said:

Will the radio event be reintroduced in 2.8?

theldssdlCzarnyJokjmia421
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    And 2.8 will fix the fire lag, right?
    ADPaqromeokjmia421