Do you think the new red text above walkers is hard to read?

Comments

• AndriusAndrius Member Posts: 780
    At first, I was wondering why red? Red is such aggressive colour. But then I start slowly to like it. I don't mind the change.
    The EH family- where we have competition, fun and friendship.
    How to apply?
    Click here OR Email: [email protected]
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    Yes.
    The red is terrible, I get that a change was needed to differentiate the human raiders, but you should've left the walkers as they were & had the human raiders have a red glow but not red text.

I've read through so many posts by many people who suggest REASONABLE changes in the game and sadly, I've seen none of those changes come true. The only one was perhaps the 1 minute gas event, but that was only limited timed weekend event.
    As much as we would love for that to happen, the actuality of NG making gas refill times decrease to 1 minute permanently is simply an unrealistic fantasy.
    But the endless posts I've read that make valid suggestions about decreasing gas time refills to possibly 5 minutes, or alternatively, adding a gas storage station that stores the unused gas which inevitably goes to waste while we sleep is VERY reasonable. Make it a premium item if you have to (like buy with gold, I.e. more money for NG). That's just ONE of the changes the game needs.

Very disappointed with this update.
    johnnydives
  • n1konn1kon Member Posts: 70
    Yes.
    Acceptable on tablet but on mobile phone it is just Disaster design
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Yes.
    I can't even read the walker lvl properly while playing on an iPad.
    Red is not the color to go IMHO.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2016
    Yes.
    Competition time

How much health left dose this walker have

I dunno I just dunno, do you know, I dunno!!!
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Yes.
    @Poppy
    17. That actually looks pretty clear compared to what I see when I'm playing. I get bright red but that looks much paler and therefore clearer to see.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Yes.
    @Neil_J That's it zoomed into maximum though with the brightness set to full battery guzzling mode. Game is already a battery guzzler without having to set the bigness to full whack!
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
  • CateyeCateye Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2016
    Yes.
    Lol.. No wonder i keep failing on the finishing shot ever since the update..

My eyes are bleeding... No red please... We can tell the difference between human enemies and walkers.. Really..

Poppy said:

Competition time

How much health left dose this walker have

I dunno I just dunno, do you know, I dunno!!!

• EarleneEarlene Member Posts: 18
    OldGoth said:

The reason it was changed is because we now have three groups running around in the missions: survivors, walkers, and raiders (human enemies). We need to distinguish between them. We hear you on the readability front; looking into it.

I have not yet seen these raiders. What color are they?

I like the red for the walkers.
    Yes.
    @Earlene they are orange.
    banner 1st draft

• SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    Actually, i think it has made it easier for me.
    I'm thinkin this might be a black/ blue (white/gold) dress thing ;)
    It would be really great if we could customize that to preference!

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Yes.
    Poppy said:

@Neil_J That's it zoomed into maximum though with the brightness set to full battery guzzling mode. Game is already a battery guzzler without having to set the bigness to full whack!

You certainly not wrong about battery guzzling!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Yes.
    RED MAKE HULK ANNNNGRY!
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    Yes.
    OldGoth said:

The reason it was changed is because we now have three groups running around in the missions: survivors, walkers, and raiders (human enemies). We need to distinguish between them. We hear you on the readability front; looking into it.

Thanks for clarifying @OldGoth ! We did however have two groups (survivor and walkers) running before and IIRC they were both white and there was no confusion - because they have pretty icons to separate them! (I also think the actual 3d dummies are very clearly separating walkers from humans, so no problem there...)

What I realize is that instead of types you may need to separate "groups". E.g. "my team" vs "enemy raiders" because they are both the same *type* (hunters etc.) And if you have walkers that are actually in the same group (say Outpost) as the enemy raiders they should also share the same color. Simple and effective, huh? One day when I can have mutilated walkers in my group they should also have my color!

However, when you say Orange I vaguely remember story missions where I have met friendly humans that weren't actually in my group. There were one with lots of people in a barn, IIRC - were those orange back then?

That said, I may accept red because as people say it's not that bad a fit for walkers. But I would suggest that you have the exact same layout as for survivors - like a light red and a black outline. I suppose you tried that already, why didn't it work?
    If you can leave red aside I would guess a light green or blue should work without being too unclear.
    And I'm not very fond of the walker "fire icon" (that I think is new) - I think it's a bit large and obstructing (and I think the walker being on fire is really clear).
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Yes.
    @JAG You're thinking about E8M6. No all the survivors in the barn were white, not orange. All the zombies were also white...
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    Yes.
    zoson said:

@JAG You're thinking about E8M6. No all the survivors in the barn were white, not orange. All the zombies were also white...

Thanks for checking @zoson . Probably all those "stun markers" that got stuck in memory, I didn't finish as quick as you did...

But point proven then; white's all right!
    Or should @OldGoth need to add another "group" to the list: civilians.
  • EricSEricS Member Posts: 23

Actually, i think it has made it easier for me.

I'm thinkin this might be a black/ blue (white/gold) dress thing ;)

It would be really great if we could customize that to preference!

Agreed. What I'd like to see is for the text to stay white, but have the color of the marker change colors to indicate "faction." I find it much harder to miss zombies with the red text (not to episode 13 yet), but I've misread level numbers.
    Sky
  • steste Member Posts: 108
    No.
    I didn't notice it had changed so I guess not
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    Yes.
    We all know that you can get the walkers stats by tapping on it right ?
  • BryanBatcherBryanBatcher Member Posts: 20
    Yes.
    I don't like to complain about non-critical features, but the red text is very problematic. The white was perfect.
  • fastphil66fastphil66 Member Posts: 6
    Yes.
    If TWDNML STAFF feel a need to make a visual color Distinction between Survivors, Walkers, and Human Enemies, change ONLY the color of the CIRCLE OF DOTS around their feet. One doesn't have to "READ" the Dotted Circle, so making it a Color (like RED) should not be a problem for players.

The same applies to the little "Hand" (or whatever it is) above walker's heads (just to the left of the NUMBER). It's not a problem for the "Hand" to be RED, since it doesn't have to be READ.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    Yes.
    Usually red clashes well with black and the contrast is easy to read.... but this particular shade of blood red against the faded, half transparent black...just....doesn't.
    it's hard on the eyes.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • MoDMoD Member Posts: 10
    Yes.
    yes...

color blindness amongst males, very high percentage. can't distinguish red from black very well. black letters on red background? just a black stain...

anyone else playing on a phone at night: just not readable (iPhone 6 user).
  • fastphil66fastphil66 Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2016
    Yes.
    The ONLY way RED will EVER work is by changing the color behind it.

I've noticed that I'm able to read the RED numbers pretty well, if the walker is positioned directly over something BLACK in the scene behind.

Currently, above each walker's head there's both a RED hand (I think it's a hand), and the walker's RED level number. Located just underneath these is a semi-transparent gray rectangle, through which you can see the underlying scene in the backgroube.

Changing this rectangle from simi-transparent gray to SOLID BLACK would make reading the RED numbers possible.

I once READ, that there's no better RED, than a RED, which can be READ.
  • No.
    I accidentally answered No but I meant yes. I can't tell what lvl walker I'm shooting.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • LonginusLonginus Member Posts: 45
    No.
    I can read it.
    Yes.
    I used AP and voted 4 times,is that cool?

2 times I disagreed with myself so I think it's a push.