The Distance now sucks

I was initially able to have some success but last week it seemed much tougher. This week, level 11 is impossible for me after completing as many as 15 levels past weeks. I cannot kill even one of the level 29 fatties let alone all of them. You can't wrestle them because there are too many other level 27 normal walkers and you end up wrestling one of them instead so I just went thru 29 survivors and did not kill even one of those fatties.
Now we find out it is going to get even more difficult because the wrestling is getting nerfed.
I have enough sucky badges now so the rewards of the Distance lower levels are just about worthless to me. I won't ever get close to getting the better badge material. I'll give it another shot next week to see if they make it more reasonable, but if not, then I will be done with the distance. If part of the game is unplayable for me, then I am done spending money on it.
You already ruined your new toy NG.
InvaderShut_Uppkerr116kjmia421SPC_TORRESpaintbeastMack105AlexFiliUKCaptainslayerjesterKudukMattOfEarthAimless1016BBRiDoggityOneVoiceTaraMichonneljr6jvhv4bababooeySmittySpivey3I_Am_PsychoSlowMoantekimhclewDigyoenigma12

Comments

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Placing a wrestler right next to a tank wasn't too hard on that one. Mission 14... now that one has my brain working a bit...
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Mack105MattOfEarthbigbeano
  • t777jbt777jb Member Posts: 28
    The problem was that I would attack the fattie and then get surrounded by normal walkers and one of the normal walkers would start wrestling instead of the fattie. I shot one fattie with 2 charged shooters for 3 turns so 2 shots each for the first turn, 2 more shots, and 2 more shots for a total of 8 shots from level 21 shooters with level 23 gold guns...he wasn't even close to dead. Even if he was, then there are 2 or 3 more fatties after that. I had not lost a single survivor going into that mission and then lost them all and didn't ever get one fattie killed. So that wasn't very fun.
    kjmia421romeoljr6jvhv4enigma12
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    This week is hard with all the tank walkers and spawns. I got stuck on 15 or 16 (whichever one has the second set of Aaron tokens) after making it to 20 the last 2 weeks. Couldn't get the last freeman down or survive long enough for him to struggle to death. Wrestler doesn't help much when all your survivors go into immediate struggle or die from any 2 hits from the freemen/walkers.
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 168
    edited October 2017
    One of my survivors was wrestling on the "kill X number of walkers" missions and the other two were on the finish line so they left, but I couldn't do anything because it wouldn't pass the time and It wouldn't let me move or end my turn. I had to "flee" but that meant my progress was lost on that mission.

My two thoughts:
    The Distance is too hard at the moment
    Aaron should be a reward sooner, say mission 6 or 9.
    MattOfEarthDBonesromeo
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,071
    edited October 2017
    Those two level 32 spikes I can't seem to stun or wrestle on the 14th mission have be stuck at the moment.
    GovernatorAimless1016BBRiPandreq
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    NCDawgFan said:

Those two level 32 spikes I can't seem to stun or wrestle on the 14th mission have be stuck at the moment.

Oof. Haven't gotten there yet (busy day at work) but not looking forward to it. Fire?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Now??
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Jaden
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,754
    Distance= Outposts.
    CaptainslayerPigromeo
  • Mr_FateMr_Fate Member Posts: 10
    Agree Kuduk, i play for fun, not to grind out level after level. I've played my last level of distance today, will hoard gas to play more challenge on the first day
    Fragzieljr6jvhv4
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,590
    NCDawgFan said:

I'm stuck too. One Spikey doesn't want to go down by wrestling. :s
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,590

NCDawgFan said:

I'm stuck too. One Spikey doesn't want to go down by wrestling. :s
    Has to toss a low-level survivor to the Spikey and then shoot them with a charged up Hunter and Shooter while heading to the exit. Burned them up while they were munching down on the LLS. I guess you can't wrestle Spikeys.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,340
    Use that incendiary rifle to weak and burn them. Sasha helps out a lot too.
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    mine doesn't seem to work when I attack the fatty Walkers and number 13 and then I die. They start all over again at full strength. Is it me or is that a new change it didn't do that before
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @Bryan18 they've always gone back to full health, they only stay dead
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    enigma12
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    My bad just seems it is geting harder each week
    CaptainslayerDLichjesterSPC_TORRES
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    It will save me spending 20-30 radios getting low lvl survivors and a 120-200 gold I suppose once the nerf comes, not mention $$ the only downside my challenge score will probably take a hit as my wallet will be firmly closed from 2.8 assuming they go through with the ridiculous wrestler nerf
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    Jadenbigbeanojesterenigma12
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I'm dropping so many phones, lol. But I still have over 900 so it's all good.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    I_Am_Psychoatrainofficial
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,754
    As far as I need to go. No need to fight level 41 freemen for a few lowly hero tokens.
    ljr6jvhv4SmittySpivey3
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    To build on the point of @theldssdl made, on 13(?) this week I had a Spiked(I think) walker burning away and died on the last turn of struggle. I saw him die before the level failed out, even though my team was in full struggle, that MFer died. Then I re-team thinking I can just run through the level to the exit because the goal changed from "Kill the tough walkers," to "Go to exit." Nope!!!! Re-entered the level to find that same SOB at full health.

Yes, he was the last "Tough" walker, and yes, the the goal switched to "Go to exit." I would've SSed it, but I thought, since he died, I wouldn't have to.

Anywhoo, a great point! If my damage carries over, why doesn't theirs?

And on another point, why does the "Revenge" trait trigger when a Freeman gets attacked? Had that happen twice today in The Distance. Grrrr!
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Anyhow, @Fearofabotplanet when do i get my badge ?

-----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities