Update 2.8: Balancing & Changes - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2017
    ..... no comment! Lol
    FragzieromeoI_Am_PsychoLightfeet
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    Will there be a cap on the amount of gas we can get for free?

Just logging in, killing walkers at the wall and watching videos and not playing the game?
    Invaderromeokjmia421
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet can you please do a small favor for the players are on lvl 61 and 62? Will it be possible to have a double supplies weekend before the update? Apologizing from all end gamers. Because I know double supplies is not worth for you all.
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited October 2017
    *edited* (lack of coffee)
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,874
    Heard a lot of people saying they've not even got all the lvl 22 stuff and now it's obsolete. But surly it's only obsolete if you actually level up? Just don't level up your council and stay on 22. They aren't forcing you to level up....
    Lightfeet8N8KillersZ
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    > @Mack105 said:
    > @Teeceezy ,
    >
    > Are you able to tell us when the update notes will be released? This week or next week maybe?

Next week, most likely.
    romeoTroublemakerGeneral_PainLightfeet
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    > @pradi said:
    > @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet can you please do a small favor for the players are on lvl 61 and 62? Will it be possible to have a double supplies weekend before the update? Apologizing from all end gamers. Because I know double supplies is not worth for you all.

Hold that thought. :)
    TJSGeneral_PainLightfeet
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2017
    Everything will be clear when we knew, who is standing behind the upgrading walkers :-)
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I was just re-reading the announcement and got to thinking about the new armor trait "training gear". How exactly is this supposed to work? Is it a classless armor with no level requirement? If not, that's going to require quite a few gear slots (6 per survivor level).
    kjmia421
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited October 2017

I was just re-reading the announcement and got to thinking about the new armor trait "training gear". How exactly is this supposed to work? Is it a classless armor with no level requirement? If not, that's going to require quite a few gear slots (6 per survivor level).

New Traits
    We’re also adding several new Equipment Traits in 2.8, so many new combinations of traits on your gear will be available soon:

Weapon Trait: Double Tap. Shooters will have a powerful new Trait for managing crowds of walkers or tough human enemies.
    Armor Traits: Sniper Harness, Training Gear, and Hazard Suit. These traits will have a variety of effects, increase your damage output, damage resistance, and the speed at which you can train your survivors.

Sniper Harness - Increasing Damage Output
    Hazard Suit - Damage Resistance
    Training Gear - Training Speed

Seems pretty easy to figure out which one's work on which survivors but I to am curious how this will be effective as a "normal" usable trait in the game.

It seems to me since you can currently every survivor needs to be in possession of a weapon and a piece of armor. Unless they are making gear locked to survivors when in training (or hospital for that matter) or literally unlocking all gear so that nobody has to have anything equipped at all... I don't know how this will work.

Suppose I find a piece of gear that will "increase the speed at which you can train your survivors" and I put it on the survivor that I want to train to reap the benefits of the gear.

1) When I train him will the equipment become locked on that survivor?

2) What if I take it off him after putting him into training... Will it reassess the time needed to train?

3) Maybe there's some complete revamp on training and I can use the survivor in missions while they are training (similarly to the way I can use weapons and armor even if they are in the workshop being upgraded).

This one makes me wonder alot... Also if it speeds up will the speed be effected by rarity? 1* is like 1 hour; 2* is 2 hours etc. If I find the trait on some low lvl 5 or something in a Tara mission (which will be cheaper to upgrade compared to a lvl 22 for example) would I still get all the same benefits as if it's a fully lvl 22 found gear?

**edit** something leads me to believe that weapons and armor that are on a survivor being trained will be "locked" on that survivor during the training process... I have no clue if this is the case, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I have to imagine if "Training Gear" is removed from a survivor while they are in training then the time will be re-adjusted and since literally at any moment you can unequip and re equip items to survivors in training it'll have to recalculate each time... Might be too much math to track and locking items might be easier.

So many questions!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    kjmia421
  • theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    > @theldssdl said:
    > Will the radio event be reintroduced in 2.8?

Radios next Thursday!!!!!!!!!!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,874
    edited October 2017
    I don't know why but I kind of think/hope that training gear gives the survivor a token each time they survivor a mission whilst wearing the gear. Tokens are a form of training aren't they? You're traits improve etc? Would make me use a more varied team and include heros if that were the case.
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @Mabiki said:
    > Players with three of more survivors of Level 20 or greater will play Challenges with the following details:
    >
    > Starting Difficulty: 14
    > Single rounds for difficulties 14 through 18.
    > Three rounds per difficulty from Difficulty 19 through 29.
    > Four rounds per difficulty for the remainder of the Challenge.
    > Players will still be able to collect Round Passes for every 5 Rounds that they complete.
    >
    > An important note here is that this is a temporary change that will be in place until at least the end of the year. We have planned additional changes to the system that will accommodate the long term growth of your survivors and teams, without reintroducing the issues we have seen since 2.4 was released. When those changes are ready, you will hear about them before they go live.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > I realize this is a temporary fix and one that many have asked for regarding the issue of challenge stars and levelling.
    >
    > But I am a little concerned that this just just going to add to the grind for players with survivors above level 20. I have level 21 survivors and made it to rsl 28 the last 2 challenges. Currently my triple rounds start at 20. Now they will start at 19, which gives me another triple round to walk thru before nearing the part of the challenge I enjoy,
    >
    > The round passes have helped the grind issue tremendously, and I feel like this takes a step backward. Now when I level to 22 very soon (only 1.5 million tomatoes left for training grounds upgrade), I won't start at any higher RSL and will actually be starting earlier than I am now at level 21. And I'll have to use that much more gas to get up to where I max out at the challenge based on difficulty. Quite possibly I'll max out on gas and time before I even ger there. And ir will get worse with level 23 survivors.
    >
    > Some people might be happy for the easy extra stars with more triple rounds, but I'd much rather get to the challenging part of the challenge without having to rely on a gas booster and more time spent grinding against level 19 walkers.
    >
    > I know you can't please everyone, but it seems like this fix to complaints over "lost" stars negates the progress made with the addition of round passes to minimize low level grinding.

It's more like serving you a delicious steak then tell you it's made of walkers meat.