Upcoming Changes to the Wrestler Trait - Question For Advocates

Comments

• WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2017
    @Monsuta I believe some tweaking needs to happen with the challenge and The Distance maps, sure. I don’t remember seeing spikey instantly kill me.

@Mabiki : I can assure you that I have the proof that my lvl 2 common wrestler armour instantly killed walkers consistently. If you want to disagree with me, tha’ts OK. I don’t really care.

EDIT: Sorry @Mabiki , I take that last comment out. Let’s just say it works 99.99% of the time and I have the video to prove it.
    Mack105Edd8
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2017
    @WeekOne Spiked walker instant kill your survivor while on struggling stage if you don't have wrestler trait trigger on the 1st turn, but in 2.8 it'll be instant kill in struggle.
    Winslow will be the king of wrestling in update 2.8.

#WrestlingKingWinslow in 2.8
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    CaptainslayerPigkjmia421zeowerus
    @paintbeast and.... he had to fight him off, it wasn’t an instant kill ;)
    Troublemaker
    @TheLostOnes I wish I had that much power with NG cuz if I did, things would have happened much quicker lol

OK... I think I’ve answered your question and I’m fairly confident most know what my stance is on wrestler trait so this will be my last post on this thread.

Have a nice week... Enjoy your challenge this week!

WeekOne
    Mack105TheLostOnestdiddy
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @WeekOne

I won't argue with "consistently."
    Even "remarkably consistently."
    Just not guaranteed.
    Mack105TimboskiPigkjmia421
    OK @Mabiki ... have a good week! :)
    Mack105Timboskibigbeano
    You as well @WeekOne
    WeekOneTimboskibigbeano
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @Mabiki

The crappy 20% wrestler seemed to work way more than 1/5... I mean I haven't done a 1,000 sample... but did like 10-15 tries and I'd think it worked all the time. Don't you really think that it worked more than it should? I mean that's my perception at least. I didn't see a real need to get a golden trait, just any trait seemed to work pretty efficiently.

An alternative to the change could be to lower the chances, but I'm sure that regardless of the final numbers complains will come. It was too good, they are taking out our bazooka, RPG weapon type.....

WeekOne
    Mabiki said:

...The percentage chance might be higher than stated on the armor; but it is not always guaranteed.

@mik81

Timboskimik81Pig
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    Who needs wrestler when I got Aaron.

Troublemaker
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    > @TheLostOnes said:
    > > @mik81 said:
    > >
    > > Big LOL if you really think NG did it based on any player opinions....
    >
    > Big LOL if you really think that NG wasn't influenced by the leaders of two of the biggest guilds calling for a change -- here on the forum as well as on the direct slack...
    >
    > (I'm not saying NG wanted the opposite but it sure made NG more confident in going down this route with that backing)
    >

Nah Decisions at Companies are made based on figures in a char not on opinions.

The change was necessary because they didn't accomplished any company objective with the Distance. They do what they think they need to do regardless any opinion.

Sorry but I can't agree with your statement, which is totally fine, different opinions is good for a healthy discussion
    Troublemaker
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    Great discussion, let's keep it that way. Please no witch hunts.

Again, if you see any posts breaking the rules please use the report function.

This message brought to you by your friendly mod. Let's keep it friendly and constructive.
    WeekOnetdiddy
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Mystique said:

I was actually 1 of very few whom actually liked the wrestle armor before the buff! That being said.. we also still had interrupt, luck and dodge that worked efficiently for STRATEGY!!! Seems Wrestle was NGs way of giving us a cookie after stealing our most used and sought after traits!! :)

It's only a theory, but I actually suspect I might be indirectly responsible for the wrestler buff. I made some kind of taunt to NG that they'd never make wrestler useful. Lo and behold, they did! And I had to eat my words.

Obviously I can't say for sure whether my taunt had anything to do with it. But I've always wondered...

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    edited October 2017
    @Pig I found that if you combine common lvl 1 wrestler armor with a common lvl 1 weapon with luck (and obviously remember to spend 70 xp and 10 seconds to upgrade each one) then your wrestling success rate is at about 90-95%.

And in the 5-10% of the cases you don't kill the walker in the first turn, there's a 90-95% you kill him in the second.

So maybe the glitch that makes wrestling work more than intended is linked to luck stacking much more than it's supposed to?
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Pigkjmia421
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    avelardez said:

Who needs wrestler when I got Aaron.

Everybody who don´t have him?
    KillersZ
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2017
    > @TheLostOnes said:
    >
    > A good friend of mine recently made his final post here, saying the forum only has value for people who are obsessed with rodents or spreadsheets as NG ignores us completely -- I respectfully disagree with him and you.

From what I see, you're giving a Like reaction to his comment. But you're actually disagree with him?
    I'm lost.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    TheLostOnesbigbeano