Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,930
    weka said:

...does the game apply the dmg bonus according to the order you apply the badges?

No, they stack.
    So two badges of 20% becomes 40%
    two badges of +1000 becomes +2000

But in the end calculation is
    (Base Damage + 1000 + 1000)*(1+0.2+0.2)
    or
    Damage = (Base + sum of badges) x ( 1 + ( sum of %badges / 100%))

Garretmik81MonsutaDavid_H79
    edited October 2017
    There are 2 differences when calculating health.

1-A Hero boosts doesn't get multiplied by %badges
    2-A Badge of Health doesn't get multiplied by %badges.

The flip side for the hero boost is this:
    A hero health boost applies to survivor health, armor and armor health boost.
    A hero damage boost applies only to your survivor damage. (not the weapon, the lethal nor the marksman/strong on the survivor)

For the badge of health there is no flip side.
    +damage badges are more valuable in the sense of multiplication by other badges.
    (That's probably why their flat value's are a bit lower than health flat values).
    ShadowaceAz
    One last thing. I have a 12% health badge in a set.
    So I get 12% * 1.2 = 14.4%.
    This will show as 15%, but it really is 14.4%!
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168

One last thing. I have a 12% health badge in a set.
    So I get 12% * 1.2 = 14.4%.
    This will show as 15%, but it really is 14.4%!

I think it'll work as 14%, from past experience NG seem to round it down or just ignoring any radix point.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    edited October 2017
    Monsuta said:

I think it'll work as 14%, from past experience NG seem to round it down or just ignoring any radix point.

No really, 14.4. I've checked it.
    It was the last obstacle in my health formula.

Health = (Survivor + Armor * (1 + Armorboost) ) * (1 + Hero boost + Badge %boost) + Badge flat value.

Example:

I have an Assault level 21, 1 pink star, lvl 24 epic armor with 10% healthboost.
    A +health badge of 192 and A 12% badge in a set (So times 1.2 = 14.4%)

Survivor: 1538 Health
    Armor: 1718 Health
    Armorboost: 10%/100% = 0.1 (silver health boost)
    Heroboost: 8%/100%)= 0.08 (abraham epic boost)
    Badge %boost: (12*1.2)/100% = 0.144
    Badge flat value = 192

(1538+1718 x (1 + 0.1) ) x ( 1 + 0.08 + 0.144) + 192 = 4388
    ( S+A*(1+Ab) ) * (1+Hb+B%) + B+ = Health.

MonsutaDavid_H79Edd8
    edited October 2017
    Like this
    Remember to always find the base values of badges that are in a set, multiply those with 1.2. Don't use the percentages that the game calculates for you.
    Damage = (Survivor x ( 1 + Marksman/strong + Hero Boost)+ Weapon x (1 + lethal) + Badge flat value ) * (1 + Badge %boost)

Like previous example
    Assault level 21 with 16% marksman, 1 pink, lvl23 epic weapon with lethal 10%.
    Abraham as leader still

Survivor = 759
    Marksman = 16%/100 = 0.16
    Heroboost = 13%/100 = 0.13
    Weapon = 995
    Lethal = 10%/100 = 0.1
    Badge+ = 174
    Badge%= 6%/100=0.06

(759*(1+0.16+0.13)+995*(1+0.1)+174)*(1+0.06)=2382.47.

It's a bit to low, but that is only when you round down survivor damage.
    I am fairly certain survivor damage is not rounded. (meaning 759 is maybe 759.2 or something)

D = (S*(1+M+H)+W*(1+L)+Badge)*(1+%Badge)
    edited October 2017
    Bottom line.
    If you want to know damage from badges

Damage = (Base + badges) * (1+Badges%/100)

If you want to know health, make sure you don't have a hero-boost.

Health = Base * (1+badges%/100) + Badges
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,031
    Interesting.... Today I received an epic component in a SILVER crate. I would have thought that I would need a gold crate to do that.

kjmia421MrsScattercushion
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431

Interesting.... Today I received an epic component in a SILVER crate. I would have thought that I would need a gold crate to do that.

I've had naff things from gold crates, and brilliant stuff from silver. I just take what I get and don't get overjoyed or disappointed. It seems to even out over time.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,031

I've had naff things from gold crates, and brilliant stuff from silver. I just take what I get and don't get overjoyed or disappointed. It seems to even out over time.
    Oh fair enough. That happens for me too. I just assumed (I know, when I 'assume' I make an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me') that it would work like gear. You can only get epic gear from gold crates, so I thought that you would only get epic components from gold crates.
    DoTak said:

Could this possibly get any more fucking complicated?

:#

Well actually, this is probably the simplest way to write it.
    Only using each figure once, in order. All you need to do is fill them all in.
  • MNIDuckyMNIDucky Member Posts: 2
    I just crafted a badge that gives a bonus if survivor has the Ruthless trait. Doe that trait HAVE to be on the survivor, or can it be on the equipment the survivor is wearing?
    MNIDucky said:

I just crafted a badge that gives a bonus if survivor has the Ruthless trait. Doe that trait HAVE to be on the survivor, or can it be on the equipment the survivor is wearing?

Has to be on survivor.
    MNIDucky
  • DaleMDaleM Member Posts: 1
    Not sure if anyone has asked yet but is there a way to control the badge direction with the components used to create it? I seem to be needing a whole bunch of the same direction ones (North West quadrant).
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @DaleM said:
    > Not sure if anyone has asked yet but is there a way to control the badge direction with the components used to create it? I seem to be needing a whole bunch of the same direction ones (North West quadrant).

If there's any formula, no one has worked it out. Seems all random to me.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • Blazer0981Blazer0981 Member Posts: 21

Silver and gold crates don't determine the highest level you can receive. They guarantee the lowest you can receive. For example, silver crates might guarantee 2* gear at its lowest while gold crates guarantee 3* gear at the least. Standard crates guarantee 1* gear at the least. Meaning you can pull legendary and epic gear from standard crates, as well as silver and gold.

Edd8
  • Blazer0981Blazer0981 Member Posts: 21
    TJS said:

> @DaleM said:

> Not sure if anyone has asked yet but is there a way to control the badge direction with the components used to create it? I seem to be needing a whole bunch of the same direction ones (North West quadrant).

It'd be easy to work out. Stack a bunch of components and badge pieces and start crafting. Try 4x of the same component over and over and see if a pattern emerges. Rinse. Repeat for next component.
    jimmorrison369TJS
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

TJS said:

> @DaleM said:

It'd be easy to work out. Stack a bunch of components and badge pieces and start crafting. Try 4x of the same component over and over and see if a pattern emerges. Rinse. Repeat for next component.
    Much easier in theory than practice, given the limits of sample sizes and the fact that if it's not random, it has to be just a change in percentage chances based on what we know already.
    TJS
  • bobboISgod12345bobboISgod12345 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    >:) send me gold
    Monsuta
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited October 2017
    Probably pretty stupid first post for a game forum. @bobboISgod12345
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MonsutaEdd8InvaderbigbeanobobboISgod12345
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030

...and you can get rare components in bronze crates. Meanwhile, seems like legendary components only come in gold crates. It's a weird system, especially because epic and legendary components sem to be harder to find than epic and legendary armor/gear.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    DoTakDBones
  • natas666natas666 Member Posts: 2
    Finally got enough legendary components and fragment to make a badge. Don't understand why I only got an Epic badge. Ripped off.
    TJSljr6jvhv4TransmuteJunmik81
  • PallyPally Member Posts: 3
    Apologies if this has been covered previously:
    I have crafted around 30 badges or so now - one of the most frustrating design flaws for me is the randomness that STILL occurs, even if you load out all the slots with a set level of component. E.g. I have loaded up ALL epic components, and badge fragment, and it STILL says it will get between common and epic. This is completely illogical to start with, but entirely frustrating, as to get a full set of epic components, let alone legendary components is not easy!! I have only two epic badges out of the 30 or so I have crafted, and this has included using a mixture of only legendary and epic components for a crafting selection - still got a "rare" POS badge. Frustrating to say the least :(
    edited October 2017
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > ...does the game apply the dmg bonus according to the order you apply the badges?
    >
    >
    > No, they stack.
    > So two badges of 20% becomes 40%
    > two badges of +1000 becomes +2000
    >
    > But in the end calculation is
    > (Base Damage + 1000 + 1000)*(1+0.2+0.2)
    > or
    > Damage = (Base + sum of badges) x ( 1 + ( sum of %badges / 100%))

Not sure about this, check my 6 star assault highest critical damage.
    The % badge seems to multiply separately.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    edited October 2017
    Monsuta said:

It's not, check my 6 star assault highest critical damage.

The % badge multiply separately.

There are 2 things here.
    On 1 hand you have your regular damage. This is calculated exactly like I've mentioned up above.

Critical damage is something else, I'm beginning to scratch the surface about how they work.
    But They change the rules somewhat. That's all I can say for now.

My statement is still true, just forget about using those numbers for calculating critical damage.

BTW, if you don't trust me. I can prove it to you. Give me any survivor. Tell what is on him/her. give me the real numbers of badges when they are in a set (so before set boost). I can then calculate almost precisely what your "regular damage" would be.
    @jimmorrison369 base damage 2572, badge damage +13.2% & +3%, then critical damage 24% & badge +357 critical damage resulting final critical damage 5622 seems off if they stack up first.
    edited October 2017
    Yes, so critical hits takes a different route than "regular" damage.
    The formula holds true for regular damage, BUT. When you want to calculate your critical damage.
    You can't use the regular damage as a multiplier anymore. The Critical increase is calculated over only a part of your base damage IF you have regular damage badges.
    edited October 2017
    I'm currently investigating on this issue.
    I'll have some results on that later on.

If you want me to calculate later on.
    I need this

Survivor = (class, level, pink)
    Marksman = Yes and how much or no
    Heroboost = Yes and how much or no
    Weapon = Damage
    Lethal = Yes and how much or no
    All dam Badge+ = ..
    All dam Badge% = ...
    All Crit da + = ..
    All Crit da %=...

So I need each badge "real" value (without setboost) and I need to know wich ones are in a set.
    Monsuta