[Data Collection] Badges

124»

Comments

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Has anyone else noticed badges for certain slots harder to come by than others?

May just be RNG, but in my game almost all my good badges are for the left middle and left top slot, but I have hardly any badges at all for the bottom left slot, let alone good badges.

romeoDEADITE_HUNTERPic
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    @Mabiki For me the 2 Slot is by far the most rare of the positions to come across.
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 517
    edited September 2017
    I have a quick question. I put down the first scavenger building and while I was getting the 1 .3 million cans to put down the second craftsman building, I got 3 diff components. Will they still be in my inventory when my building is done in 20 hrs or whatever? Thanx!
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    edited September 2017
    My guild m8s finally forced me to use my craftables. So naturally I subjected to their peer pressure.
    I used up all of my 35 fragments.
    In 33 instances I used 4 of the same components.
    In 2 instances I used one of each type of component.

My sample shows total and utter randomeness when it comes to the effect the selected components have on the outcome badge.

More than half the badges turned out the same level of rarity as the components I put in.
    More than one third ended up with a lesser rarity than the components I put in.
    Less than one thenth ended up with a superior rarity to that of the components I put in.

I had one set of epic components, and sadly that fell in the inferior category.
    Fortunately that was compensated by two rare sets ending up superior, thus letting me end up with two epics.

I still have a few legendary components, but have not found a legendary fragment yet. And based on this experience I feel like I would be insane gambling that away. There's more than a 33% chance of ending up with less, while who knows how long I will have been scavenging for that fragment by then.

Though, not crafting = not getting the extra stats for my survivors. So in view of my max potential as currently available I'm hurting myself by not crafting.

It's a dilemma:
    a. crafting very rare components and ending up with less rare badges, and thus gaining power, or
    b. not crafting, thus preventing possible disappointment, but also not getting further in the game.

Come to think of it, it is pretty much the same reasing for persevering at the slot machines. :s

Anyhow, whichever way I twist this pickle, I still have 35 badges to distribute to my survivors, which will hopefully get me a new personal best on Challenges soon.

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @MadPuppy A word of advice- You shouldn't twist your pickle. That could cause permanent damage. ;)
    MadPuppySCBMAbigbeanoromeo
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I haven't been able to craft a single damage reduction badge. Anyone have any theories on a "formula" for those?
    @paintbeast
    Either all cloth, all edibles or all chemicals or what have you (if my crafting and the others' in this thread are any indication). :s:s
    In other words, just twist it gently to prevent any unintended harm and something or other will come out of it. ;)
    paintbeastbigbeano
  • mrleemrlee Member Posts: 12
    Preliminary results for crafting stats:

Result Common Epic Rare Uncommon
    Common 100 % 0 % 0 % 0 %
    Epic 0 % 0 % 100 % 0 %
    Rare 0 % 21 % 58 % 21 %
    Uncommon 52 % 0 % 9 % 39 %

This is from a 50 badge spreadsheet. The rows are badge fragment rarity, and the columns are badge rarity. There are still way too little data to make sound conclusions, so please contribute with your own crafting at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_OqA8MRdsCyQY-w3Ihwk2Tgh5bd1id4U8B4VVi6L_E/edit?usp=sharing
    FOE
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,618
    To continue our data collection to answer the question "what types of badges are you more likely to get from using certain components?" I crafted 20 badges using all rare fragments and the same type of component each time.

My results:
    - 4 out of 20 badges were uncommon, i.e., 20% were downgraded
    - 16 out of 20 badges were rare, i.e., 80% were equal to the inputs and NONE were upgraded
    - There does not appear to be any significant trend when you use all of the same component
    - In general, damage reduction and critical chance badges are much harder to come across than damage and health badges

Test #1 (rare fragment, 4 rare metals):
    - Badge #1: Rare +209 damage (+52 w/ Scout)
    - Badge #2: Rare +13% critical damage
    - Badge #3: Rare +13% critical damage (+3% w/ Rufus)
    - Badge #4: Rare +10% damage (+2% w/ Bruiser)
    - Badge #5: Rare +12% health

Test #2 (rare fragment, 4 rare edibles):
    - Badge #1: Rare +274 damage
    - Badge #2: Uncommon +6% damage reduction (+2% w/ Gabriel)
    - Badge #3: Rare +371 health (+93 w/ Scout)
    - Badge #4: Uncommon +125 damage (+31 w/ Assault)
    - Badge #5: Rare +444 health

Test #3 (rare fragment, 4 rare chemicals):
    - Badge #1: Rare +384 critical damage (+96 w/ Merle)
    - Badge #2: Rare +244 damage (+61 w/ Warrior)
    - Badge #3: Rare +12% critical damage (+3% w/ Warrior)
    - Badge #4: Rare +388 health (+97 w/ Warrior)
    - Badge #5: Uncommon +268 health (+67 w/ Warrior)

Test #4 (rare fragment, 4 rare cloth):
    - Badge #1: Rare +546 health
    - Badge #2: Rare +9% critical chance (+2% w/ Power Strike)
    - Badge #3: Rare +13% critical damage (+3% w/ Rufus)
    - Badge #4: Rare +221 damage (+55 w/ Vigilant)
    - Badge #5: Uncommon +9% critical dmage (+2% w/ Bruiser)
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,272
    Here is a batch. Hope it helps.

• Jeeves868Jeeves868 Member Posts: 2
    So I use a Legendary badge and two legendary pieces with two epic pieces and I get a
    A crappy Rare with +11% health! How does that work then our friendly game creators?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited October 2017
    > @Jeeves868 said:
    > So I use a Legendary badge and two legendary pieces with two epic pieces and I get a
    > A crappy Rare with +11% health! How does that work then our friendly game creators?

You can see what the possible rarity outcome will be after you put all pieces in at bottom of craft screen. The combo you used is really a waste of a Legendary Fragment. You should only ever use a Legendary Fragment with all Legendary components or all Legendary with one epic component, therefore you'll be sure to get either epic or Legendary badge.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • Jeeves868Jeeves868 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the update, I should read the guides more often! Just thought if you put the best you had you would get a decent result. As you say wasted resources!
    TJSFOE
  • sicBryansicBryan Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2017
    mrlee said:

Preliminary results for crafting stats:

Result Common Epic Rare Uncommon
    Common 100 % 0 % 0 % 0 %
    Epic 0 % 0 % 100 % 0 %
    Rare 0 % 21 % 58 % 21 %
    Uncommon 52 % 0 % 9 % 39 %

This is from a 50 badge spreadsheet. The rows are badge fragment rarity, and the columns are badge rarity. There are still way too little data to make sound conclusions, so please contribute with your own crafting at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_OqA8MRdsCyQY-w3Ihwk2Tgh5bd1id4U8B4VVi6L_E/edit?usp=sharing

Hey, I wanted to bump this up as I still think the community really needs some statistics (or ANSWERS... NextGames...) on what Components do to the outcome of the crafted Badge.

Also, I would suggest adding a "Position" column to the Google Doc so we can record what Position the output Badge is (1-6). I would do this myself, but I'm not that familiar with Google Sheets and don't want to mess up the form.
    I've crafted a total of 69 times now.
    I know, that's not so much.

Here's my current conclusions:

It makes no difference whatsoever which component you put in.
    I craft will 4 of the same type of component whenever I can. So 4 metal, 4 edibles, etc.
    All types of components have yielded just about every possible type of badge.
    The likelyhood of getting better stars than you put in is terribly small: 9%.
    The result is likely going to be the same stars or lower: 91%.

On average in my crafing so far, out of every 100:
    • 35 badges will be of fewer stars than the components going into it (impossible for 1* components)
    • 57 badges will have the same star value
    • 9 badges will have better star value (impossible for 5* components)

With 1* components: one in four will be a 2*
    With 2* components: half will be 1* and half will be 2*
    With 3* components: the spread is about equal to that of the whole group (36-55-9)
    With 4* components: all of them will be 3* (I had the "luxury" of doing this three times, so far to tiny a sample)
    With 5* components: all will be 5* (You wish!! LOL >:) I had the luxury of doing this two times, and from the previous results, I count myself blessed for getting both gold)

In my sample:
    the best chance of getting poor results is using metal, followed by edibles (together about half of the poor results.
    I had a superior result only six times so far, so that's a very low chance, whatever the material you use.

I now have 0 blue and 2 gold badges.

Keep in mind though: naturally I wish I had more luck, but in the end, I have stronger survivors. And this will remain with them throughout upcoming council levels. My badges will have the potential to outlive my gear, and even my survivors, many times over.
    zeeblack