App closes when attempting to watch videos

Whenever I try to watch a video, the app closes. I then get an android message to restart the app. This happens with videos front the tower/ base and in the mission crates.

I have cleared cache, optimized the android system, and restarted the device. Nothing seems to help.

My guild mates are experiencing the same problem.
Carlykjmia421

Comments

• CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,361
    this has been happening w/me too but after the app closes, i can at least still for now have the crates available when i return to game. andriod user as well
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • DMPDMP Member Posts: 60
    Same was happening to me over the weekend, but after I cleared cache and restarted my device, it cleared up.
  • CruelHellCryCruelHellCry Member Posts: 7
    Unfortunately, that never worked for me. But NG did respond and stated that is was a known issue. They need screen shots, date and time, location, and other info.
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 334
    Same here. It's a pain in the arse. AT the moment I'd say 50% of the time when I try to watch videos one of the following happens:

- The game crashes
    - The button does nothing
    - I get a message saying the video is currently unavailable
    - 90% of the time my videos play vertically instead of horizontally
    1LostWarrior
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,361
    @ADPaq this was happening to me as well as but i used suggestion by @CruelHellCry and haven't had any problems since i posted my previous comment on 9/25. (knock on wood)

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29748/android-clearing-cache-and-optimizing-can-resolve-issues#latest
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 334
    Thanks @Carly I'll give it a go and see if that improves the ad performance.

Gotta give credit to NG here. They must have one of the highest opt in ad watching models I've seen.
  • 1LostWarrior1LostWarrior Member Posts: 80
    Same problem here...tried cleaning junk and cache still just freezes or crashes...so now what else can I do except Not play any videos ?