Why does NG want us to only use ranged at high rsl's?

Comments

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Jaden said:

I hope we are talking about a weapon or armor trait because I really have no survivor slots left for new survivors, no tokens, no XP, no time... but even if I had... I haven't even gotten a bruiser with punish yet. Not a single one that could have been of use... or a warrior with ruthless...

I found them...but had to retire other survivors for bad repayment for them...

Jaden
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Helio said:

Hold on, if melee need a new trait to make them useful, that means it will be a must have trait... I thought NG didn't want a trait to be absolutely required for any class.. that's why they nerf everything that gets popular...

Also, I think the point is that we want melee to be useful for end game content, and not just a certain range.. so ok, melee is good at +5 RSL... what about + 6 or +7? at some point you will need to use range to have a chance, so I can only conclude that a ranged team is superior... and while you can use melee at +5 you would be better off using ranged for +5 as there is no downside...

Melee is useful at rsl +10, too, not just +5. With the wrestler nerf, that will be a thing of the past. I'll use guns there too depending on the map, but I don't shy away from the challenge of it.
    Invader said:

sbf said:

@Fearofabotplanet And so you'll be implementing an actual re-balancing to make sure survivors are useful?

Your statement about a new trait is just ridiculous. Why nerf the game and then require players to get this new trait to become viable? Whether it's a gear trait or a survivor trait, that's so fucked up. Seriously. What's the thought behind that other than causing players to grind and making more $$$? That is NOT a rebalancing of the game. Stop being toxic to your player base.

Take care mate...you could be banned for a week for such words.

But you can comment anyway after :smiley:
    If I get banned/warned/tossed in the slammer for talking about this issue (and having some form of an open conversation with NG), that's fine by me... I know I'll be in good company :)

I just find it hypocritical when NG puts forth "improvements" that aren't improvements at all, and can't back up their choices with actual logic and then calls other people toxic when they call NG out... toxic actions are definitely not as bad as straight truth-talking.
    InvaderCaptainslayerpaintbeastMonsuta
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Invader said:

Take care mate...you could be banned for a week for such words.

But you can comment anyway after :smiley:

If you can comment, you aren't banned...

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ban

• enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 248
    @sbf Well said! We are going around in circles! Now we will need extra phones etc. to get a new trait, if it’s a survivor trait, that addresses them nerfing the wrestler trait!
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Im not sure if I want to make a full comment here, cause it will lead to another ban I afraid.
    Thanks for nerfing wrestler trait @NG, we are very grateful for that.
    GlasswalkerJaden
    sbf said:

@sbf I totally respect that opinion and agree that it's more than reasonable for players to expect consistency and usefulness for their survivors.

@Fearofabotplanet And so you'll be implementing an actual re-balancing to make sure survivors are useful?
    @Fearofabotplanet What are you doing to make sure all classes are useful (in different way, since there are different survivor classes) at all rsl's?

Still waiting on an answer for this.

@Shteevie feel free to chime in.
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I'm guessing melees will have this Hazard Suit that will increase the damage resistant making them easy to be dmg resistant capped. Although I'm not sure if that is a universal trait or class/melee specific.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @mik81 Wouldn't that be just another Iron Skin then?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @crambert_nec Hazard Suit provide fire proof effect but didn't have damage reduction?
    @Fearofabotplanet Still wondering what trait is going to help melee at higher levels, as you said. Can you clear this up for me?
    CaptainslayerJackBauerDbld1369
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @sbf said:
    > @Fearofabotplanet Still wondering what trait is going to help melee at higher levels, as you said. Can you clear this up for me?

It was supposed to be "Double Tap", but they can't get it working right for this update.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

It was supposed to be "Double Tap", but they can't get it working right for this update.

"Double Tap" was announced for shooters (which makes sense), not for melee.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Mabikimik81jimmorrison369Dbld1369
    > @Pig said:
    > It was supposed to be "Double Tap", but they can't get it working right for this update.
    >
    > "Double Tap" was announced for shooters (which makes sense), not for melee.

Oh yeah, don't mind me. Derp, derp, derpity derp.
    PigCaptainslayerbigbeanoDbld1369
    I need more sleep.
    PigCaptainslayerbigbeano
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    I think this armor is what they are referring to.
    [Bruiser, Scout, and Warrior Armor] Hazard Suit: Take 50% less damage from fire. All attacks against this survivor have a 10% chance to be Body Shots. [Silver 60 / 15%; Gold: 70 / 20%]

unless i am interpreting something wrong, it gives a chance for bodyshot to every melle class. it even may stack with bulletproof armor.
    jimmorrison369Captainslayer
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2017
    It doesn't stack with other body-shot chances, not with bulletproof. It is a different trait apparently.
    Garret
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    At this point it's hard for me to imagine that a 20% chance of a bodyshot would be reliable enough to make it useful in high level challenges. I think with max (but not pink star) luck on a survivor (+18%) and gear (+20%), that makes it a total of a 27.6% chance? Maybe it would be okay for a situational mitigation gear set with Iron Skin and Dodge or Defensive Stance for a survivor trying to open a door or gate. With that said there are much smarter players in this game than I who will likely figure out some crafty way to maximize it.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

jimmorrison369GarretPig
    Bulletproof "increase the chance at body-shot"
    Hazard suit "there is a chance at a body-shot"

First one adjusts an existing trait.
    Second one is a trait of his own.
    Garret
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168

Logically would be like that, but you have a lot of experience that how the game mechanic work might not be like that. We (and even NG) can't be 100% sure unless it is proven by testing fact.
    jimmorrison369Garret
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135

which trait do you mean for the first one? I am a bit confused!
    Garret said:

which trait do you mean for the first one? I am a bit confused!
    If you don't have bulletproof, there is already a chance that an attack against you results in a body-shot. Bulletproof increases that chance ( for bullets ).

Hazard has his own trait called: "x% chance at a body-shot".
    This means that even a lvl41 walker has the same x% for a body-shot, as a lvl1 walker. (For this trait that is).

Regular body-shot is influenced by lvl difference. A lvl 1 walker will always body-shot, while a lvl 41 walker would never body-shot.

Garret