Update 2.8: Balancing & Changes - Official Discussion Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Debbo34Debbo34 Member Posts: 37
    > @JayZ said:
    > You’d be a fool to think NG is releasing a Council upgrade for any reason other than to line their pockets and shadily sell special bundles the weekend before announcing it.

As the old saying goes "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" of course I didn't think they developed and updated NML out of the kindness of their hearts, (game developers get paid big bucks and they have to make their payroll from a free game somehow.) We all know that council upgrades are inevitable and I personal like upgrades because I am a mediocre player that doesn't have the greatest of luck, so I rely on my survivors levels rather than just skill to go further in challenges. I was going to buy a bundle earlier last week but I checked the forum first to see if there was any mention of an upcoming update and there was, so I didn't buy it. I also know the developers taken some players suggestions into account, note: not my personal suggestions, but I have seen posts from other players and later I had seen their suggestions incorporated into the game.
    R2runfastSmittySpivey3Pic
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,083
    edited October 2017
    Might not still need wrestler

JackBauertabernac
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,083
    @Metal

Sometimes it works out and other times it does not work. I lose my fighters and it sucks. I have to clear the walkers first and catch them both on fire and run like crazy to allow the fire to burn them down for the kill. This time the armor trait kicked in. Key is to make it in the middle to give you more space from the spawn in the rear.
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    with all due respect to who thinks the wrestler trait is going to be nerfed because of distance mode,I think that NG made distance to nerf wrestler trait!
    romeo
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 472
    I see
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    Planning the nerfs for 2.9 is already underway. Might be why there are such poor testing and bugs with every update.
    LightfeetCaptainslayerromeoJerryDixonbsgper4General_Pain
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 119
    Please rebalance body shots, like 2 spaces away and it's a body shot give me a break.
    Grimes0688romeo
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,244
    > @sicBryan said:
    > Does anyone know when the 2.8 update will take place?
    >
    > I have not tried to "Wrestle" my way through The Distance before. But with the impeding nerf on the horizon, am curious to try it before I no longer have the chance. However, if the update is coming soon, there's no point for me to upgrade low-level armor with Wrestler traits just to see how much further I can get. Especially if we're talking in the next week or two.
    >
    > ALSO... Why isn't anyone talking about explaining Components for the next update?!?! I understand that nerfing is a hot topic, but I still haven't heard any new information on Components and how they actually effect the outcome of your Badge! Crafting still feels like one big mystery that we are supposed to guess our way through instead of creating Badges that we might actually want. Currently, I have enough Fragments / Components to make about 35 Badges, but don't want to just throw them into the grinder to see what randomly pops out. Especially my higher-level Fragments and Components - which seem to yield lower-level Badges.
    >
    > - end rant.

This is pure speculation (granted, I think it's relatively educated speculation), but I think 2.8 should come out within the next 1.5 weeks. The next season of TWD premieres 10/22. If I had to guess, there will be new trial missions accompanying the new season. In order for the game to allow us to play these new trial missions, they would have to release the update before the season premiere.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Bill_ZRTMadiromeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    edited October 2017
    I'm guessing next Tuesday.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    TransmuteJunJadenMadibigbeano
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872

I guessing next Tuesday.

I hope so, I went ahead and started upgrading a bunch of my 20's to 21's
    Because the challenge penalty looks like it will be gone after 2.8 goes into effect

Been doing the challenge with just two 21's for quite a while and enjoying the higher scores
    Madi
  • KericHumKericHum Member Posts: 3
    Please bring Beth, Shane, and Andrea into the game.. They are the only past characters that are not here yet. Im really interested esp for Beth as she started becoming more interesting and resourceful only to be killed off so soon. Plus she's an AMC original character like Daryl.
    Bryan18CaptainslayerChingiscaEL34xyzSmittySpivey3bigbeano
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    How about a lori badge when teamed with Carl Carl does no damage.
    kjmia421
  • llammallamma Member Posts: 46
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not but I didn't want to read all 10 pages. I thought it was funny that we get level 23 gear early now because everyone wanted to stock up gear before survivors. With the adjustment to everyone 20+ svr starting at the same lvl on the challenge there is no disadvantage to upgrading svrs first which resolved that issue. Not that I'm not glad to stock up on gear
    Jaden
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @llamma also...any gear harvested now will not have any of the new traits. However, like you I'm glad that I've been able to pick up a few random 23 pieces of gear for "free." :-)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    Any news on update notes???
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    QB34 said:

Any news on update notes???

Some people were guessing next Tuesday as the drop date
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    So sniper harness doesn't affect anything unless survivor is "in cover"? That probably means that autocover is not going to be touched in the near future. And hazard suit will not change the fact that struggle with a burning walker ends after 1 turn?
    Captainslayercarlos1981kjmia421
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Teeceezy When will full 2.8 release notes be coming out? Previously you had said hopefully this week...can we assume this means 2.8 itself won't be out this coming Tuesday the 17th?

Any info on timing would GREATLY help us all figure out what to do with resources before the update drops. Thanks!
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,395

@Teeceezy When will full 2.8 release notes be coming out? Previously you had said hopefully this week...can we assume this means 2.8 itself won't be out this coming Tuesday the 17th?

Any info on timing would GREATLY help us all figure out what to do with resources before the update drops. Thanks!

Rumor has it that patch notes will be posted tomorrow.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

mik81pradi
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Disappointing with Sniper harness primarily as it's related to being in cover. Auto-cover fails will negate that big time!
    bigbeanopaintbeast
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 165

More update info

Can't wait for the Normal Mode version of The Distance, hope you can still unlock Aaron that way.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,665
    > @AlexFiliUK said:
    > More update info
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Can't wait for the Normal Mode version of The Distance, hope you can still unlock Aaron that way.

I wish, but sadly no Aaron tokens in normal mode (per Release Notes):

“Players of Council Level 18 and up can continue to fight against these enemies and earn Components, Hero and Class Tokens, and more; and may someday unlock Aaron [who remains exclusive to the Distance: Hard Mode] for use in their teams.”
    bigbeano
  • fynlayfynlay Member Posts: 13
    The way I see it:
    So, a few top maxed players manage to compete the Distance & share their successes. Good on you guys.
    Component & Token Rewards : That's the whole point of doing the Distance right? The whole point of Badges etc..

NG response: Let us reset the goalposts for the entire game & nerd all everyone's good armour & weapon traits to make it nigh on impossible to complete the Distance!

As a relatively new player (51), I find this NG attitude sucks. If people are clever enough to figure out how to reach the end of the Distance, why the hell do you have a problem with that & have to "re-balance" the game which effects ALL of us?

You came up with the new gameplay last update: set it stupidly hard at the off (beginners don't know what rubbish is coming their way until they reach Council 18), made good components as rare as unicorn poop; - actually make that any components). When badges are made, a lot of people have said they are lower quality than should be so inferior & useless therefore. I have not bothered getting past Distance lvl 5. Pointless.

You rip people off by allowing them to buy Bundles just before these changes rendering their purchases ineffective (a lvl below the new max)! Fraudulent, if you ask me.

Are you deliberately trying to force people to quit the game? Because I for one have lost any incentive to progress or spend money. So many aspects are pointless, boring & overall expensive if you are foolish enough to buy anything! IMO. I am one step away from quitting & advising the whole guild to do so!

RealClareB