Birthday Bash Event! So excited!

Wow, thank you NG for a very exciting Birthday Bash Weekend event! This feels so special for me, because Reduced Healing Time is everyone's favorite event and it's the most special of them all! Not Increased Phone Dropping. Nope, not that! We only wanted one day of that! Decreased radio calls? No THANK you! ICELS? PASS.

In summary, thank you for 2 years of this game! The culmination of 2 years of playing all climaxes with reduced healing times. The thoughtfulness and utility of this event, especially right before a big update and council upgrade, is very representative of Next Games' feel of the community over these years! Thank you!
zerosouLJayZpaintbeastMonsutabigbeanoAval0nGeneral_PainTatdJdmJadenCaptainslayerbababooeywarEdd8GovernatorR2runfast

Comments

• zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    "...culminating in a special weekend event which starts on friday..."

I guess our wallets should also be this excited next time we plan to open them up :) Even if you change your mind like with the last jackpot fiasco, its already too late. Nicely done.

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    IMO I'm happy with any event, they are beneficial in some way. If not for me personally, for other guild members, therefore benefit me and my guild.

Not everyone is going to be happy but something is better than nothing. There's no obligation for NG to have any events so I'm grateful for whatever they give for free.

"As I stated clearly, this is my opinion."
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I recommend everyone use this healing event to play outposts to gather as many TG's as you can before it becomes impossible to achieve TG's playing outposts. That's the only saving grace I can see for this weekends event.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    General_QuatrezerosouLSPC_TORRESFragziePig
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    Why? Whats gonna happen to outpost?
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Defending Walker levels can soon be maxed out at 26! For some, that is not a beatable difficulty level. For end gamers, that's about equivalent to hard scavenge modes, with a few more walkers initially, and tanks, and armored specials, and only one respawn.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @8N8 You didn’t get an invitation to the NML party today? This is a weekend event too you know ;)
    JayZ8N8hardtoplayEdd8
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    @DLich Whats so special in reduced healing times? They advertised this BS as SPECIAL event to end birthday bash week and theres nothing special about it. Its just another regular weekend event.
    DLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @zerosouL oh I completely agree this event is trash. The only decent part of it that I can conceive is that if injuries are half the time it is usually it’s somewgat beneficial in outposts.

Since 2.8 is making outposts potentially unplayable I’m suggesting stock up on tgs while players can before lvl 26 walkers start showing up in outposts.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    8N8Captainslayer
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    See you in a week lol.
    Edd8Jaden
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @ant said:
    > Anyone with level 23 survivors should be able to roll over any outpost with level 26 walkers. +3rsl easy peezy

2 tanks and 3 armored walkers lvl 26, (stun resistance nerfed) easy peesy??

Well I can beat that but it'll take 5 minutes instead of 1 minute ( if the stash isn't blocked).
    DBones
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @Jaden said:
    > Well I can beat that but it'll take 5 minutes instead of 1 minute ( if the stash isn't blocked).
    >
    > But... But... You get to play longer... More bang for your buck... Or... Game for your gas in this case.
    >
    > Isn't that just super awesome? :p

Lol. Not awesome if you engage a gas booster.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,045
    Yeah, it's never actually awesome... will certainly not make me want to play outpost anymore than I do now (which is next to never).

It will still be a boring, repetitive grind - but now it will take even longer. :s
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigbeano
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    edited October 2017
    The practicality of the increased walker lvl might not be as dreadful as some players fear. If defender doesn’t care about outposts or makes TG accessible, then they probably won’t waste their resources upgrading walker lvls. Contrasted, if you enter an outpost raid and see an ocean of lvl 26 walkers, that’s probably an immediate clue that defender is a TG-blocker anyways and/or they care about outpost defense. Then you can flee sooner and move to the next raid, compared to fleeing after getting to gate. And if you’re the type of player that intentionally kills for both TG & Influence without concern for injury, then lvl 26 walkers won’t be a big deal for you (apart from more time to enter gate)
    JadenSCBMAantklman1612
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,045
    Could be. Though many people who have fully upgraded walkers also either don't block at all or have a less than ideal (or as I would say: stupid) setup when blocking so it's easy to beat them.

Before it was blasting through the walkers and in 99% it was either run for TG or stun and run. After 2.8... who knows...

Now if the TGs are increased as well and we can judge from the amount of TG we could earn whether we are going to have to deal with level 26 then that will be fine, I guess. Speaking from the perspective of someone who will be able to level up his survivors to 23 soon.

The whole thing will make it much harder for those people with lower level survivors who made the ranks. Which might or might not be fair... hard to say for someone who doesn't really do outposts...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,058
    edited October 2017
    This is my reaction of the last year and this year birthday bash:

Last year, we went on the date with the daughter and this year we went on a date with her mother. Shivers run down the spine that we would be going on a date with her grandma next year.

I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    JayZJaden