PSA - There is no easy mode in the distance.

There is hard mode and there is normal mode.

There is no such thing as “easy mode”

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
AlexFiliUK

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    The rewards were about 100 total hero tokens between Merle, Ezekiel and some other hero I believe. Mostly Merle.

About 20 class tokens (I forget which type)

A lot of xp and supplies. I think someone mentioned about 600K total supplies. Maybe like 300-400K xp

Rare armor and weapon. Epic armor and weapon. All 4 for me were lvl 22.

Max rsl I believe was 22 or 24

It was easy enough to run through the whole thing with the same 3 survivors. I used Abraham, another 2 pink assault and a 2 pink scout.

JadenJulianaKuduk
  • vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    Lol..but seriously I’m wondering! Hahaha
    JenngDLichLightfeet
    Oh, hmm maybe I am? I have been playing a lot less lately, esp since the distance came out..but I swore by playing the distance you’d earn ‘tickets’ to skip the first few rounds in the weekly challenge? Guess not LOL!
    paintbeast
    And thanks Jenng, now that ear worm is back in my head haha..been binging season 7 to be fresh for season 8 and I swear I just had finally got it out of my head,..lol so much for that hahaha
    kjmia421Zette
    edited October 2017
    Normal is open to players with council lvl 12. They might not find lvl 24 walkers as “easy”

My goal is only to educate those that are using the incorrect terminology. Lower level players viewing the forum might be confused looking for a mode of the distance listed as “easy” seeing that higher level players (council 18+) have an option between “easy or hard” and they might be confused that they don’t have the option for “easy”

Trying to help spread awareness hence the public service announcement.

Making spreadsheets are easy for me but it would be incorrect to assume that it’s easy for everyone.

David_H79Jadenbanzai
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    DLich said:

Normal is open to players with council lvl 12. They might not find lvl 24 walkers as “easy”

Making spreadsheets are easy for me but it would be incorrect to assume that it’s easy for everyone.

That's true. "Easy" is a relative term.

As for the risk of players coming on the forums, finding an easy mode being discussed, then not finding it on their game, and then being confused, I appreciate your concern for them. But that's a separate question from whether there's an "easy" mode. There is, and it's called normal (understanding that "easy" is a relative term).

Mostly I just have fun playing with words, and words for me are like math and spreadsheets for you. They're my thing. It's hard to press a grammatical objection to calling normal mode easy mode. It is!

Having said all that, probably some of the people calling it easy mode aren't doing so out of any understanding that they're using an adjective rather than a title. Probably some really have confused the title, and therefore your PSA is quite suitable for them.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    DLichJaden
    @pig I enjoyed this conversation. I understand your point of view and I do understand players considering it easy.

It’s probably because I played normal mode and I agree I found it extremely easy. I played with the same 3 survivors the whole time through. There was one cool board where I shot a grenadier and literally every opponent on the board blew up.

I enjoyed seeing your perspective on the subject. I believe partly I feel because I played the normal mode and even though I found it “easy” that there might be judgement placed on players whom chose to take the “easy route”

More or less I just wanted to say I finally beat the distance and get a free badge. The tokens (although not Aaron) were more than I expected for such a non hard version of the event.

I may or may not attempt normal mode again Saturday. I’ll try almost everything once.

I appreciate your post and thank you again. :smiley:

Pig
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I also loved those exploders (great weapon for us to use on hard, too). Has the animation for them changed? Seemed a lot cooler.

(but I guess I'm not cool for watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo )

I also loved one of the missions where I got the freemen and some spikeys fighting each other, and my three LLS just tiptoed around to the exit pad. That was hard mode, though. On normal I just shot everyone down.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @DLich Don't hold your breath on that badge. I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for mine.
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Easy Peezy Lemon-squeezy.
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    > @DLich said:
    > @pig I enjoyed this conversation. I understand your point of view and I do understand players considering it easy.
    >
    > It’s probably because I played normal mode and I agree I found it extremely easy. I played with the same 3 survivors the whole time through. There was one cool board where I shot a grenadier and literally every opponent on the board blew up.
    >
    > I enjoyed seeing your perspective on the subject. I believe partly I feel because I played the normal mode and even though I found it “easy” that there might be judgement placed on players whom chose to take the “easy route”
    >
    > More or less I just wanted to say I finally beat the distance and get a free badge. The tokens (although not Aaron) were more than I expected for such a non hard version of the event.
    >
    > I may or may not attempt normal mode again Saturday. I’ll try almost everything once.
    >
    > I appreciate your post and thank you again. :smiley:

easy, eAsY, EASY mode... ;)
    for high lvl players. ;)
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited October 2017
    @DLich
    I get where you're coming from.

The poll thread I created in which I used the words (easy or hard) was made before the distance started so I was unaware the easier mode would be called normal.

Hopefully your thread here clears that up for players that didn't understand.

Personally I think it's is a poor choice of words by ng.

Normal suggests that it's normally how it was and hard suggests it's more difficult than it was. Although this is not the case.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DoTakDLich
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,935
    For my main, it's easy mode.

Secondry, it is normal mode - level 15 and 16 survivors.

For my 3rd account it is hard mode.

Definitely a matter of perspective.

(Yes, I play this game way too much. No, I don't have a life. What's a life? Why are you asking? :# )
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    ZetteTJS