A little parable set in Vegas (or: Fighting the Hulk)

javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
Imagine you're in Vegas and have decided to place a bet on this matchup:

A level 3 scout, whom we assume can't be using gear any higher than level 6. We can't know for sure, but to make things interesting, let's assume this guy and his gear are all fully upgraded and legendary.
versus
A level 16, 4 star hunter, whose upgraded base traits include being 10% luckier and causing 15% more damage with his ranged weapon. He also interrupts attacks some of the time, but ignore that for now because we'll assume this brute has been handicapped and his ability to interrupt only works on the dead enemies. Just because. Yet even with the handicap, it's a pretty safe bet, you think.

But wait, there's more! The hunter is armed with a beautiful 5-star rifle that's been upgraded to level 18. This thing of beauty carries these traits:
  • Destructive:critical damage is increased by a whopping 40 %
  • Luck is increased by 15% (add the base luck, and this guy should be a 35% luckier shooter!)
  • Increased chances of a critical hit by 15%.
Without even knowing what kind of jacket this guy is wearing, the safe money is logically on this Chuck-Norris of a hunter. When you discover his charge ability is active , you almost cringe at the thought of the carnage to come. And knowing the next shot is a guaranteed critical hit even without all that extra damage and luck, you know immediately who the winner of this showdown will be! So you go all in, without even considering why your bookie looks so damn confident...

What? You didn't expect the winner to be the weaker guy who brought the knife to a gunfight? The charge ability is also handicapped and no one told you?

The bookie tells you that you must have misread the announcement, so stop whining. The hunter isn't fighting human enemies, he's fighting super-human foes.

Welcome to the apocalypse. Good thing that money you just lost in a bad bet is worthless now that society has fallen to pieces.

The moral: Stay away from Vegas - it's a No Man's Land in this new world and the House hasn't just stacked the deck, it plays by different rules.
DTP leader
Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
hottexasDERRICKtembelTeeceezy

Comments

• hottexashottexas Member Posts: 144
    +1000 You rock, @javajnkie
    javajnkie
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
    Thanks @hottexas .

To end on a positive note, all that said, I do appreciate that the assault class is finally useful to me!

DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Awesome post!
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    javajnkie
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
    Okay, after playing for a day, I really like the changes. Now that I know how the humans move, I appreciate that the guild missions are more challenging and the game seems revived.
    DTP leader
This discussion has been closed.