Update 2.8 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    So the silver bulletproof trait and the hazard suit trait stack?

20% + 20% = 40%?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    DLich said:

So the silver bulletproof trait and the hazard suit trait stack?

20% + 20% = 40%?

If it stack then 40% body shot is for ranged attack only, melee would be still 20% if there's no bug.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    jimmorrison369DLich
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,915
    In a way, they should.
    Since Hazard suit sets the chance of body-shot, bulletproof can then increase that number.

I think they are different rolls though.
    1-The usual body-shot chance an attacker has on you.
    2-This body-shot chance your survivor does on the attacker.

I'd like to know though.
    And how luck plays in to all this.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Since the wording on the traits is different, my assumption is that they do not stack. Or, perhaps they were meant to stack, but because of things not working as intended, we will be told that they are working as intended.
    Edd8
  • RunaRuna Member Posts: 21
    Is the issue with androids and incompatible devices even being looked at or should I just cut my losses and delete the game. I don't want my guild to hold my spot if this problem is not going to be fixed.
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    I like the new distance easy mode, I get to play it on my baby account. Closing off a hero to lower level players doesn't sit right. Having Aaron tokens turn up in the future would be nice.
    Carl_s_HattabernacMrsScattercushion
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    edited October 2017
    @Runa It was mentioned in another thread (can't find it at the moment) that you may just need to turn off "power saver mode" or "low energy mode" (I forget what it's called exactly).

Edit- I think they were talking about android. I've read too much on the forums today. It's all starting to run together.
    @Runa
    Just use a compatible device to download the game & copy the .apk & .obb files to your android. Or ask someone in your guild to send those 2 files to you.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    @paintbeast I have tried everything that was suggusted and they did not work
    @Monsuta I think I need more information about how to do this and as anyone else tried this with sucess
    The "base.apk" is located under
    Root\data\app\com.nextgames.android.twd-1 or Root\data\app\com.nextgames.android.twd-2 in Android 5.0 & above

Then the "main.34078733.com.nextgames.android.twd.obb" is located under
    Android\obb\com.nextgames.android.twd

You need to double click "base.apk" to install the game, then before you run the game, put "main.34078733.com.nextgames.android.twd.obb" in to the location it located.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,170
    Not that I was planning on purchasing it, but what happened to my Whirlwind bundle? I had a $20 bundle for full supplies, Warrior weapon, survivor slot, gold, radios, and that was replaced by the Knockout bundle which is $10 more expensive and has a Bruiser weapon (lolz). Are the cheaper bundles also getting nerfed?!
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    edited October 2017
    @Runa Or just install "base.apk" by double clicking it in your Android, then start the game to let it connect to the internet to download that .obb file.
    > @JayZ said:
    > Not that I was planning on purchasing it, but what happened to my Whirlwind bundle? I had a $20 bundle for full supplies, Warrior weapon, survivor slot, gold, radios, and that was replaced by the Knockout bundle which is $10 more expensive and has a Bruiser weapon (lolz). Are the cheaper bundles also getting nerfed?!

That's odd. My knockout bundle has a warrior weapon listed.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,450
    @Runa if you've already tried the following instructions, I suggest you try this.
  • OlausTheNickOlausTheNick Member Posts: 335
    Why can't I get back on the game?? Yes, I've tried everything possible since over 12 hrs ago. I'm extremely frustrated, and my guild is counting on me. Don't tell me to restart my device either. Am I the only one? I find that hard to believe
    JerryDixon
    @zbot I already tried this solution
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Anyone come across any Level 26 (or thereabouts) walkers in OP yet??
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    > @JayZ said:
    > Not that I was planning on purchasing it, but what happened to my Whirlwind bundle? I had a $20 bundle for full supplies, Warrior weapon, survivor slot, gold, radios, and that was replaced by the Knockout bundle which is $10 more expensive and has a Bruiser weapon (lolz). Are the cheaper bundles also getting nerfed?!

My knockout bundle has a countdown timer on it now. I've never seen that (hadn't paid that much attention) so maybe it's been like that before.

Can anyone confirm? I was planning on buying it once my council finished but it's set to expire in 9 hours.
    It has a countdown timer because it's a "special" offer.
  • AmberBamberAmberBamber Member Posts: 15
    ADB Rooted ZTE - Z831
    Android 6.0.1

No Man's Land Update 2.8
    Guild: The Saviors
    Name: Amber - Elder Lv 23

Hi I tried everything I have read above and my issue is when I try to start the game I get the splash screen, loading bar fills up but the text above reads " Building Camp" and it hangs there.

This should not be a compatibility issue as it was compatible before. Simply adding new mesh's, textures and editing preexisting scripts should not cause incompatibility if the loader is untouched. Now adding new scripts will require the loader to be reconciled in my experience otherwise the old loader is sitting there looking at the new scripts like wtf is this S#%& .

But apparently some people got the game to work so that is confusing to me. Anywho, as I mentioned above I tried it all even unrooted my phone for a bit to see if that may have been the cause and no luck.

I can not stress enough how disappointed I will be if this game is now incompatible with my device when it was compatible yesterday.

Hopefully your Dev team can fix it soon.

Amber
    @OlausTheNick, @AmberBamber try the following, press 3 fingers for 10 seconds while the game is loading, it should take you to the help menu. Sometimes this will load the game for you, if not use the in game support request to contact support.

@Runa try the above to see if you can contact support. If not I would suggest heading down to your phone/device service provider and asking for help.
    Teeceezy
    > @zbot said:
    > @AmberBamber try the following, press 3 fingers for 10 seconds while the game is loading, it should take you to the help menu.

That's a Negative. Tried it, rebooted phone and tried it. Reinstalled and tried it.

Still gets stuck on Building Camps. Sad face
    I have some friends at XDA. Maybe they can help. If I get a fix I will post here.
  • xiaofei66xiaofei66 Member Posts: 42
    Why is the gas cost of scavenge missions increase to 6? IS this just a bug?
  • OlausTheNickOlausTheNick Member Posts: 335
    I've honestly tried everything. Every other app works perfectly, and my service is perfect. Now I have to get my guild to move so they don't have a zero in their leader spot. I'm so incredibly frustrated.
    @OlausTheNick have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? As long as the game is linked to google play or Game Center account should be ok. That’s the last resort I can think of.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    We're aware of issues relating to not getting past the loading screen (Building Camp etc). Thanks for your patience, hopefully we'll have a solution as soon as possible. @OlausTheNick @AmberBamber
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @xiaofei66 Not a bug, Scavenge Mission gas costs have always linked to your Camp level.
    Okay so I thought I could trouble shoot this thing. Re Rooted to snag the base APK. Got into my backups and snagged the 2.7 apk and obb. I set up the 2.7 rig and everything worked flawlessly. Got logged in but you guys had to go and lock everything so I couldn't tell my guild what's going on. !Face palm! Tried tossing in the 2.8 obb and the 2.7 apk didn't even recognize it (expected) pulled 2.7 obb leaving 2.8 obb and apk wanted to update. Put the 2.7 obb back, updated the apk with 2.8 base apk keeping both 2.7 and 2.8 obb in place still hung up at building Camps. Pulled out the 2.7 and no change (expected) pulled the 2.8 obb leaving the 2.7 obb and the apk wanted to update..... *Takes a breath* I would have to say the issue is in the 2.8 obb.

Side notes: had a lot of problems trying to update in Google play kept wanting to restart update.

No music during building Camps bug on tital screen.