Update 2.8 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• AmberBamberAmberBamber Member Posts: 15
    One other thing with notice. 2.8 wants access to my photos where as 2.7 did not. Not sure if that's a new feature (potential spoiler) but yeah. I really want to help you guys fix this thingy :blush:
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    My knockout bundle 24 timer expired and now I have no "full supply" bundles at all. The nag screen for that bundle has come up for a year now every time I restart the game. Now I was planning to actually buy the $7.99 bundle and it's gone. What the hell....

@JayZ @Nezo @paintbeast something is up....
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    NezoJaden
  • AmberBamberAmberBamber Member Posts: 15
    How sad is it that I have no F ing clue what you guys are talking about. All I got out of that is the first guys game works grrrr. And he spams wrestler then the 2nd guy called him on it and it was funny.

@Putchuco what device are you using?
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    > @JerryDixon said:
    > My knockout bundle 24 timer expired and now I have no "full supply" bundles at all. The nag screen for that bundle has come up for a year now every time I restart the game. Now I was planning to actually buy the $7.99 bundle and it's gone. What the hell....
    >
    > @JayZ @Nezo @paintbeast something is up....

Same here.....
    KaLi
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,235
    100% yes!

BTW @Putchuco that lone "awesome" is mine... haha
    Putchuco said:

Update to 2.8 was flawless here, Kudos to the Devs to get this going without maintenance window!

Played through Distance on Hard until Motorpool, at which point it seemed unbeatable to me.
    I am totally fine with that, looking forward to someone beat it and report back.
    The Distance is now SOOOO much more fun without endless wrestling!
    I had to strategize again, think of my moves, most enjoyable missions I have played in NML in a long time.

Looking forward to the changes in Challenge, they sound very good.

Thx @Shteevie @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet for the update, looks great.

P.S.: I would wish a bug-fix update next where we address all the nasty little things that are still lurking in the game ;)

::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    NML is a game where damage has to build it up, not a shooter game where the key is to get that head shoot to insta kill anything. Wrestler had to go, it was clearly an unbalanced trait if you analyze the meta. It happens all the time, in any game.

It doesn't matter what we think, believe or want.It is done and basically we can only quit or keep playing the game, but essentially we need to move on one way or another.
    MrSorrowWeekOnesbf
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @rfg1982 said:
    > The witch hunt on @Putchuco is bad, people. No meaningful discuss will come out of it. Just hate.
    >
    > I have a family and a job and playing NML pushing the limits every week is burning me out severely. The Distance added a lot to that.
    >
    > I think the change to Wrestler (and some others) makes the game healthier. It's as simple as that. And for that I thank NG.

Why do you guys keep repeating the word "hate and haters" disagree with you doesn't mean we hate you at least I don't.
    JadenMrSorrowBill_ZRT
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I post that I like the changes and the resulting joy playing Distance, and I'm gloating?
    But the post-stalking, LOL'ing my posts sarcastically etc etc is just pure fun and friendly?
    Sure
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    TroublemakerWeekOneJayZbanzai
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    This is all I have to say about the update so far!

I’m in love,
    I’m in love,
    And I don’t care who knows it!

Good job and thank you NG :)

@Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie

JadensbfGeneral_PaindemongirlTBRaiders
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Well, at least a couple people are happy.
    JadensbfKyrusWahooDawg
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    No but on a serious note, I am taking my time upgrading this time around.... I won’t be burning gold like @painwalker did... ;)

Some of the upgrades are expensive, I agree with that but there isn’t much we can do about it. I will grind for my tomatoes.

I like that we have the option of choosing which Distance we will be doing. I will be looking at the rewards before making my choices going forward. Had I done that yesterday, Merle would be epic today.

I just hope we don’t see a workshop and training grounds update for another 6 months.

NG, we need another double tomatoes event like ASAP o:)
    demongirl
    @Shteevie Still no word from you on justifying the increased gas cost. Just the usual "working as intended" from @Teeceezy.

Please tell us how this isn't just another form of being punished for upgrading.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    edited October 2017
    Expressing one's opinion under no circumstances warrants a witch hunt. Jumping on people for their sharing their opinion is exactly that. We will start handing out bans if the toxicity doesn't subside.
    WeekOneTroublemakerDavid_H79
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Mabiki said:

Since this thread is such a lovefest, allow me to sarcastically thank everyone who whined about stars so much that I now get to grind through six more maps each on 19.1, 19.2, 19.3, 20.1, 20.2 and 20.3 just to get to a level that is still 1 below my survivor level.

That's an extra 144 gas and basically a whole day's worth of progress. Yay for more low level grind as the "solution" to having actual challenges as my survivor level increases.

Please let me know where you start next week after you earn 2-3 more extra RP’s than you did last week.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    mik81
    Here's another little tidbit:

Despite what was previously reported (apologies-I can't find where it was said), we DO NOT still get double round passes.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    > @paintbeast said:
    > Here's another little tidbit:
    >
    > Despite what was previously reported (apologies-I can't find where it was said), we DO NOT still get double round passes.

Huh? I haven’t played much yet but got 5 last week. I skipped round 1-5 but will get double rewards on 6-10. So I won’t get double rewards RP’s on 10?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,235
    Bill_ZRT said:

rfg1982 said:

The witch hunt on @Putchuco is bad, people. No meaningful discuss will come out of it. Just hate.

I have a family and a job and playing NML pushing the limits every week is burning me out severely. The Distance added a lot to that.

I think the change to Wrestler (and some others) makes the game healthier. It's as simple as that. And for that I thank NG.

If the game is causing issues with balancing time with one's job and family, then the game isn't the issue.

As far as a 'witch hunt' is concerned... you realize that things in this thread were relatively calm until this post was made, right? Some people might consider that gloating...

What if it is gloating? What's wrong? Is it like he is celebrating a personal win or something? C'mon... The hate on him is disgusting to see. His post was about the 2.8 and he is celebrating what he thinks is good while pointing out his "whys".

Let's move on and back to topic.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    mik81WeekOneJadenbanzaiTBRaiders
  • histerijahisterija Member Posts: 11
    Sorry everyone, I am going to repost this here to maybe get someone to see it.

Since the update my bruisers can't interrupt tanks.
    Yes, I know fat walkers can't be stunned. But I used to sometimes use a (silver) interruptor trait in overwatch to stun approaching tanks. It's not the only-80% interrupt chance because it happens over and over again, even if I use bruisers with luck, and I never get the "Interrupt avoided" message. It even happens with level 20 bruisers against level 15 fatties for example. No body shots. Just no interruptions. Has this been discussed?
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I like that skipped passes now counts towards getting new passes. Thanks for that!!!
    @DLich The other rewards will still double, but you will only get one round pass (the 2nd. You start with 1 for having 5 in the previous challenge).
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    I feel like quitting the forum more than quitting the game. Red pill or blue pill decision I guess. It's like Lord of The Flies in here.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    TroublemakerCarl_s_HatSCBMAbanzai