6 gas for scavenge missions?

I'm not sure if this was addressed. Or where to even look. I didn't see it in the update notes. Can anyone confirm at lv64 does gas go up for scavenge missions to 6. Seems to still be 5 for people at lv63
rudjawol

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    That really sucks... We are going to need tons of both supplies and XP and it is already hard enough to get them.

The slightly higher rewards don't make up for the raised costs. Two more gas in mission car doesn't make up for that, either.

With costs like that there is no way someone who can't afford to spend will have their survivors and gear even remotely close to fully upgraded until the next council level.

It's extremely frustrating (as if farming wasn't frustrating enough).

Please reconsider. Don't widen then gap between f2p and people able to spend often large sums of money on this game even further.

@Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    tabernacbigbeanoixxi
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    Now we know, why there is this upgrade gift.
    General_Quatre
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    So when Council Upgrade Time is over DON'T CLICK on it until you have farmed another 17M Tomatoes to not increase Scavange cost ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    tabernac
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    Does the scavenge rewards scale with gas cost?
    GovernatorbigbeanoMadi
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    I guess yes, but not the way it would be needed.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @Edd8 I think the rewards are in tune with the rsl (so not scaled to council but based on your highest level/starred survivor), but I could be wrong.
    From another thread:

Using the hard supply scavenge as an example and not factoring in anything from Glen boosted kills or after mission crates:

For approximately one tank, we used to get 5x20100= 100,500 tomatoes.

Now we will get 4x22200= 88,800 tomatoes.

I thought that NG with this update was trying to remove the punishment for upgrading, but if you look at the math here... well, I can't say I'm surprised. But I can say thank you to @Teeceezy for clarifying that we are idiots and we should have known that gas prices go up even though that statement is nowhere to be found.
    paintbeastGovernatorcrambert_nec
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,580
    Yeah, it should have been in the Update Notes. My apologies for that. @BttlOpener
    GovernatorOneVoiceBttlOpenerShawtStuff
    That's another form of double-nerf - happens in most games, though, but it's quite heavy in NML if you ask me.

Has stopped me from playing many, many games in the past, if it got too bad.

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    paintbeastBuckzzGovernator
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Was the fact that NG added The Distance to the list of weekly tasks of getting stars and playing outposts that need to be completed to stay relevant considered when increasing gas costs for the scavenger missions? If you add more for us to do you should have considered that when raising the cost of the scavenger missions.
    paintbeastJaden

No need to go onto hiding unless you give us another Jackpot Weekend. Given how much vocal displeasure given on that, I don’t expect to see that anytime soon. :neutral:

But people voted for it so it must be the most "awomest" and "famostest" event! And that's why we get another one. ~Yaaay~

SCBMA
  • Leon_UKLeon_UK Member Posts: 41
    Teeceezy said:

Gas costs for Scavenge missions scale with Council levels, and always have done.

Sure, doesn't mean it makes any sense! Like many other 'features' loyal, successful players get squeezed for being engaged.
    Jaden
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    edited October 2017
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > Gas costs for Scavenge missions scale with Council levels, and always have done.

Edit: they did not increase with the last council level.

I (and probably many others) thought those ridiculous days were behind us when gas costs got rebalanced.
    JadenDBonesR2runfastShawtStuff
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,646
    The gas capacity went to 29 ;) It happens after every Mission Car upgrade

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    Progress=play less. Is that NG’s mission statement?
    paintbeastSCBMAJaden
    @painwalker The cost of scavenge missions doesn't go up with each council upgrade or each car upgrade, or else they would cost a ridiculous amount of gas for each mission. And if you look at the math, you can see that a full tank of gas gives us less supplies (or other scavenge missions) than before. I'm sure it's for the better that we're getting less return for upgrading our camps. (That last sentence was sarcasm)
    JayZSCBMAJaden
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    Didn’t mission car upgrades use to add 4 to the overall capacity? Did that drop to +2 the last time we could upgrade the mission car?
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 993
    @WahooDawg The missions car has always (to my knowledge) given players two additional gas. At some point thought, with the vast amount of resources needed to upgrade the missions car (and buildings in general), the gas should go up by 3. The math works out just right. All players (at player level 64) can still do 5 scavenger missions at 6 gas cost with a max storage of 30.
    Jaden